• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft says more of its games will be getting NFTs, despite the initial backlash (VGC)

kingfey

Banned
I know what an NFT is. Opensea isn't what an nft is. Opensea just checks the ethereum mainnet for tokenised images. It's not what an NFT is. You don't need to explain it to me either because I'm a Developer/TL and have looked into it much more than you seemingly think I have.
That is just an example of what an nft is.
There is also nft, which football clubs like Barcelona and manchester city is selling for their fans. There is metaverse nft.

The point is, NFT is not just a gaming oriented token, like mtx is.

Three

That is just an example of what an nft is.
There is also nft, which football clubs like Barcelona and manchester city is selling for their fans. There is metaverse nft.

The point is, NFT is not just a gaming oriented token, like mtx is.
But you don't seem to get the idea that Digits in these ubi games are just like mtx but with a certificate of ownership/serial number. They are essentially limited edition MTXs. They do not "exist" outside of the game. They are identical to mtxs but the publisher doesn't sell infinite copies of it.

Last edited:
Ubisoft is garbage. Can't even remember the last time I was interested in one of their games and this NFT shit is just the icing on the cake.

kingfey

Banned
But you don't seem to get the idea that Digits in these ubi games are just like mtx but with a certificate of ownership/serial number. They are essentially limited edition MTXs. They do not "exist" outside of the game. They are identical to mtxs but the publisher doesn't sell infinite copies of it.
Oh, you were talking about the game?

I was talking about general nft.

ManaByte

angry french people GIF by South Park

Katajx

Gold Member
Because why trust gaming companies? You give them an inch, and some of them are going to take a mile.

Some MTX’s are already crazy expensive. Make them limited availability and you are creating a new economy over digital goods.

They word it to say it’s for the player, when we know it’s just to put money in their pocket. The more money they make, then the more prevalent and higher priced they will become.

Imagine scalpers buying up and selling these things. I worry that games would become even less about having fun and being catered more to being an online marketplace toward digital goods. For items that don’t physically exist.

All my opinion of course.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
fuck nfts and anyone who uses them. i'm not a huge ubi fan but there are a couple games i like. this is one way to get me to never play your games again no matter how interested i am.

Boglin

Ubisoft is doing it for our own good even if we don't realize it and hate them for it. This is making me realize I could really learn a thing or two about selflessness from them and I'll be the first one in line going forward to buy their NFTs to show my appreciation for their sacrifice. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to give you money in new ways, Ubisoft.

Top Bottom