• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Shuts Down Online Services For 90 Older Games

DaGwaphics

Shut down without any prior notice ?

That's incredibly shitty of them, even if they're old games that don't get a lot of traffic. Still, let people know if they want to try and get trophies/achievements locked behind online stuff first.

Hadn't realized they just cut them off in one go, I thought this was just the announcement of eventual shutdown. It is surprising they didn't announce cutoff dates beforehand.

MetalRain

I guess this is nightmare to maintain. You have dozens of studios you've bought and they have ten year old rarely used multiplayer games. How do you make sure they are still secure on multiple ever evolving platforms and actually work as expected.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
You need to be harder on them.

You be soft.

No it was one of the first XBL games.
Crimson_Skies_High_Road_to_Revenge_Boxart.jpg
Original Xbox games online is shutdown though...

ymoc

What can one even expect from Ubisoft anyway.
It's always so funny when these big corporations shut down servers for minor titles of aging games. Like, it's pocket change to them. They could easily market it "we never abandon a game, ever" and just keep these few servers running. But no. Optimize costs.

Speaking of shutting down servers, I'm still super salty about EA shutting down C&C: Tiberium Wars servers. The game had a dedicated pvp community, we had a ladder, lobbies, you could download game replays from other players, etc. It was really active even years after release.
Then one day they just shut it all down. No more online play for anyone.

And then they made the abomination that is C&C: Tiberian Twilight that effectively (what a shock) killed the entire series.

Fuck EA (and Ubisoft).

Who cares like my copy of Gran Turismo 5 & 6 i can never play online again on my PS3 this happens it normal it been happing for 10 plus years now

Omali

Hadn't realized they just cut them off in one go, I thought this was just the announcement of eventual shutdown. It is surprising they didn't announce cutoff dates beforehand.
They didn't. Most of the games on this list have been shut down for years, some going all the way back to 2014. It's just a list of online services that Ubisoft has shut down in the past.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
R6 Vegas games are BC on Xbox and had an active playerbase on Terrorist Hunt. I jumped in for a few rounds a few months back. Bummer.

Top Bottom