• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft to ban all players opening support tickets for Splinter Cell: Blacklist (Up: Looks to be fake)

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
What a crazy response, at first I though well maybe if it was like 20 years old but a 7 year old game that is still being sold? This is shamefull, they can just respond to the tickets. They should stop selling it if it's no longer supported in any way......

drotahorror

This is a good thing. Less people will use EGS and UbiConnect.

they should give blacklist for free, idgaf about some garbo old ass splinter cell game.

Last edited:
Holy shit that’s beyond thought. No wonder this company are falling apart, shitty managers making shittier decisions. Whoever pushed that one forward wont be around for long I’m sure.

Shubh_C63

Ok so is OP gonna update that this might be fake ?

It was a troll attempt by a forum user, or what Ubi told the media.

"rest assured" Just think about that phrasing. You can relax, you can rest in the assurance that they know about that fault in their game that is ruining your fun. They know about it and will never fix it. Not even a chance. are you resting? does that make you feel assured? it's okay! they know about the bug and have decided 'fuck you' Now give us more money for our next game you scumbags and rest assured we don't care about you!

Tschumi

Sounds pretty fair to me, I mean it's a bit of a bummer but they should move on to new games , and yeah support teams only have so many hours in which to support

SomeGit

Sounds pretty fair to me, I mean it's a bit of a bummer but they should move on to new games , and yeah support teams only have so many hours in which to support
No it's not fair WTF, you don't ban people just because they created a support ticket in earnest.

Tschumi

No it's not fair WTF, you don't ban people just because they created a support ticket in earnest.
if the question's been asked and answered a hundred ten thousand times u aught to

ofc, there are some clueless people out there who don't know the question has been asked too much, but again time to find a new game anyway

Last edited:

SomeGit

if the question's been asked and answered a hundred ten thousand times u aught to

ofc, there are some clueless people out there who don't know the question has been asked too much, but again time to find a new game anyway
Then ignore the tickets and close the tickets or send an automated response for every ticket filed under that game. You do NOT ban people for using the support service in earnest, not matter how old the game is or how many times the question has been answered.
It's not fair in anyway, shape or form to ban people for just using the support system, especially since the (fake) post mentions that it would lock you out from playing games you bought for the duration of the ban.

Last edited:
Holy shit :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Edit: Wait was it fake?
The user was banned https://forums.ubisoft.com/member.php/7260184-TaraJoReichley
Join Date 11-24-2021
Hmm, then again, maybe lol
Associate Director Customer Support, IT
Nov 2021 - Present 1 month

if posts on the forums telling customers to stop raising support tickets is how they respond to the developers saying they can't be bothered fixing a problem, then maybe banning users from that forum is how Ubi HR deal with firing employees

old-parts

From DSO gaming, ubisoft trying to cover it up.

Ubisoft has deleted this thread, claiming that the post had been written by a user impersonating a Ubisoft employee, and not a member of the support staff. However, this sounds too convenient after the initial backlash. The reason I’m saying this is because this topic was stickied at the top. Not only that, but the reply function was also disabled. The only ones that can do these things are admins and moderators (or users that have these privileges). You cannot simply create a new account and sticky a topic. Since Ubisoft has failed to explain these things, we are a bit cautious about this whole PR mess.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
From DSO gaming, ubisoft trying to cover it up.
9npRH7v.gif

Fare thee well

Neophyte
Update per DSOgaming:

'

UPDATE:​

'Ubisoft has deleted this thread, claiming that the post had been written by a user impersonating a Ubisoft employee, and not a member of the support staff. However, this sounds too convenient after the initial backlash. The reason I’m saying this is because this topic was stickied at the top. Not only that, but the reply function was also disabled. The only ones that can do these things are admins and moderators (or users that have these privileges). You cannot simply create a new account and sticky a topic. Since Ubisoft has failed to explain these things, we are a bit cautious about this whole PR mess'

I agree that this is a total PR coverup. Way too convenient of an excuse lol.

Last edited:

Unk Adams

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if this was real and they're now just trying to cover it up like some are speculating. The western gaming industry loves to hire PR losers and staff members who not only hate gamers but make it public in interviews and on Twitter. If you wonder why the modern western gaming industry is such a joke then people like this are exactly why.

Looks like it was indeed posted by a real employee, or at least from her account. I have three hypothesis:

1. That lady had just gotten fired and decided to send a big "fuck you" to her ex-employers
2. She got hammered and posted crap under the influence
3. She got her account compromised

Either way, she's in deep(er) shit now.

Last edited:

SZips

Fake?

That thread was closed and stuck to the top of the forum section there. If it was fake, that thing would've been closed and that user banned immediately, not stuck to the top of the forums. So either it's legit and Ubisoft is now lying, or the mods/admins there were supremely deceived and stuck that thread without confirmation, which seems odd.

Top Bottom