• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft to ban all players opening support tickets for Splinter Cell: Blacklist (Up: Looks to be fake)

Rykan

This has been posted on the Ubisoft forum:

Hello Splinter Cell Blacklist Fans,

My name is Tara Reichley, I am Head of the Ubisoft Customer Relationship Center. It has been brought to my attention by one of our team leads here at Ubisoft Customer Support, Casey Blackwood, that many users have been reporting issues connecting with the Splinter Cell Blacklist services when attempting to access the multiplayer or cooperative features of the game.

Rest assured, we are aware of the issue. However, given the age of the game in question, and the relatively inactive player base, the game team has decided not to devote any further resources into rectifying this issue.

It is for this reason that I must ask you, our loyal players, to refrain from opening any further support tickets regarding this issue. My team and I have no input into the decision making process of the game teams, and by continuing to weigh down the support team with well-known and unsolvable issues only serves to prevent other innocent players from receiving the prompt problem solving they deserve.

Any support tickets submitted regarding this issue in the future will be met with a 7 day ban. During this period, you will be unable to make purchases through the Ubisoft store, log in to Ubisoft websites, log in to your Ubisoft account or play through the Ubisoft Connect client. However, you may still play offline. Customer support will not be able to lift this ban.

Further offenses will be met with a permanent ban.

In addition, any users found to be intentionally using an earlier version of Ubisoft Connect or Uplay launchers in order to workaround the issue will be banned. Older versions of Ubisoft Connect are no longer secure, and continuing to make use of them could result in security breaches to your Ubisoft account or Ubisoft as a whole.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Respectfully,
Tara Johnson Reichley
Ubisoft Customer Relationship Center
Red Storm Entertainment, Cary, NC

rubenburgt

Rest assured, we are aware of the issue. However, given the age of the game in question, and the relatively inactive player base, the game team has decided not to devote any further resources into rectifying this issue.
Wow, so reassuring.

Any support tickets submitted regarding this issue in the future will be met with a 7 day ban. During this period, you will be unable to make purchases through the Ubisoft store, log in to Ubisoft websites, log in to your Ubisoft account or play through the Ubisoft Connect client. However, you may still play offline. Customer support will not be able to lift this ban.
1. Not everyone is active on the forums. Players will be banned not knowing what they did "wrong".
2. How is not being able to use the Ubisoft store and their services a punishment? :messenger_winking_tongue:

0pdiQzH.gif

BigBooper

Ubisoft support is garbage tier. I've had a case open with them since January and they haven't responded since Jan 31. I update it every couple of months and have opened other cases about it. They just close the case as duplicate and never respond.

Rykan

The crazy part about all of this is that it doesn't even make any sense.

She says the playerbase is largely inactive yet apparently they get so many support tickets for this issue that they need to take such drastic measures? So which one is it? You can't have no playerbase and a large surge of support tickets at the same time. It's one or other.

bender

What time is it?
Never trust Ubisoft. We used to ban user accounts on the IGN boards that would do nothing but heap praise on their company and games.

intbal

I bought this game when it was added to backwards compatibility because I never owned it for 360. That was 3.5 years ago.
Things happened. It got stuck on the bottom of the pile. I've never started it.
I get the feeling I better do that or it will magically get erased from my library some day.

Or I could just buy the 360 disc on Ebay.

kiphalfton

Fuck you and your team, Tara Reichley. It's your bloody job to deal with consumer support tickets, so shut the hell up and do it regardless of whether the company can offer a solution to the problem or not.

No it's Tara JOHNSON Reichley. Get it right bro.

jakinov

She says the playerbase is largely inactive yet apparently they get so many support tickets for this issue that they need to take such drastic measures? So which one is it? You can't have no playerbase and a large surge of support tickets at the same time. It's one or other.
Not active enouhg to support which can mean few hundred or thousnad players. But a few hundred or even less tickets can be a waste of time for support agents to deal with.

Either way the ban is a stupid measure. If anything it should be a "warning" for first "offense" and 7 day ban for after (but really that should be if they spamming)

Geez, hate your fan base much, Ubi?

Holy shit what a fucking stupid response from Ubisoft.
I mean it's a part of Ubisoft but the people up top probably have no idea this is happening.

Last edited:

wipeout364

They should have just created an automated response. This could actually get them in trouble in sone jurisdiction especially if it’s still available for purchase.

MrA

Banned

By relatively inactive she meant not buying loot boxes or currency

MrFunSocks

Banned
I don’t see a problem tbh. As long as that is a sticky somewhere and easily visible when you make tickets. If it’s not then yeah, problem and stupid move.

If it’s clogging up the system and it’s clearly outlined that there’s no fix coming and to stop filing reports then it’s on the people to not be idiots. I wouldn’t put it past gAmErS to be abusing the feedback/support system, god knows it happens everywhere else in video games.

Much like the console warring sticky we have on here, if you get yourself banned you’ve got no one to blame but yourself.

Last edited:
I don’t see a problem tbh. As long as that is a sticky somewhere and easily visible when you make tickets. If it’s not then yeah, problem and stupid move.

If it’s clogging up the system and it’s clearly outlined that there’s no fix coming and to stop filing reports then it’s on the people to not be idiots. I wouldn’t put it past gAmErS to be abusing the feedback/support system, god knows it happens everywhere else in video games.

Much like the console warring sticky we have on here, if you get yourself banned you’ve got no one to blame but yourself.
Edit: new information has come to light lol

Last edited:
My team and I have no input into the decision making process of the game teams
My guess is that this is some internal corporate conflict that is being played out in public as a F U. I wouldn't be surprised if her team is getting shit for not solving these issues causing them to not meet their quotas and thus losing bonuses etc. And the game teams (or more likely some middle managers) are refusing to help with this. Hell, it could be that this was an order from someone higher up when she complained.

The fact that this is so easily believed truely speaks volumes to how we think of unisoft as a whole lol we really do think they are trash

hemo memo

Gold Member
If they put an in-game warning, as not everyone would read the forums then it is understandable really. Of course it is ridiculous if you only read the thread title and jump to comment.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
HAHAHAHA
Man ubi sure can’t wait for heavier regulations on returning digital goods i guess.

i hope Europe comes in soon with no lube 😍🥳😍

rofif

Banned
If they put an in-game warning, as not everyone would read the forums then it is understandable really. Of course it is ridiculous if you only read the thread title and jump to comment.
Why would I read more than thread title
This sounds believable enough lol

TransTrender

Gold Member
That shit needs to be printed, framed, and sent to Tara so she can hang it on the wall of her cube to constantly reminder her she actually said those things.

Top Bottom