• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft will finally re-reveal Skull & Bones next month, it’s claimed

Bullet Club

Ubisoft will finally re-reveal Skull & Bones next month, it’s claimed​

The long-in-development pirate game looks likely to be approaching release

vkgtRrW.jpg

Ubisoft will finally re-reveal online pirate game Skull & Bones next month, it’s been claimed.

That’s according to writer Tom Henderson, who claimed on TryHardGuides.com that the publisher is planning to show gameplay and reveal details of the title’s mechanics during the week of July 4.

If true, this would represent the latest indication that the long-in-development title could finally be approaching a release date.

Over the past month, Skull & Bones has been rated by boards in both Brazil and South Korea, suggesting that it could arrive during Ubisoft’s current fiscal year (ending March 2023) as planned.

There have been other potential signs the game could be nearing completion, most notably via a leaked Skull & Bones video in April which provided an overview of what players can expect.

According to the six-minute video, the game is set in a world inspired by the Indian Ocean during the golden age of piracy.

Players begin their journey as an underdog whose goal is to become the most infamous pirate to sail the seas. The leaked footage can be seen below, via Twitter:

Skull & Bones was first revealed by Ubisoft at E3 2017, with a release date set for the end of 2018.

It was then delayed to 2019, then March 2020, then the fiscal year ending March 2022, then the fiscal year ending March 2023.

Then last month, Ubisoft said the long-delayed game will be released during the second half of its current fiscal year ending on March 31, 2023, and it recently said that the title is now “multiplayer first”.

Source: VGC

I actually like the idea, looks like serious Sea of Thieves but they'll probably ruin it with microtransactions and greed.

• Surprised
Reactions: Fuz
99% chance this is going to be a hot mess.
Don't recall where I heard this, but it's made by allegedly the worst ubi studio (by reputation), also delayed multiple times as everyone knows.

I would say it's DOA, but maybe all the sea of thieves hype fuels this one a bit

Can't wait for the UBI haters to come in and said all Ubisoft games are the same
Wile they suck up to Fromsoft who make the same ass game over and over again

Wow, I legit had no idea this didn't already come out a long time ago.
Yeah what the heck, I assumed it just flopped really hard on account of being a typical shitty Ubisoft game or something. I didn't realise it was chained up in the basement with Beyond Good and Evil 2.

Anyway, it's going to be a typical shitty Ubisoft game is my guess!

Umbasaborne

Banned
Can't wait for the UBI haters to come in and said all Ubisoft games are the same
Wile they suck up to Fromsoft who make the same ass game over and over again
Fuck UBISOFT!!!!!!!! They had sex with my wife and kicked my dog, also, reddit said ubisoft and ea bad! So ill lose my sweet gam3r cred if I disagree

• Surprised
Reactions: Fuz

wipeout364

I wonder which will be the bigger hit for Ubisoft: this or Roller Champions or Hyperscape or Xdefiant ?

Ubisoft should maybe think about their Gaas focus

Last edited:

Bridges

Fully expecting this to be DOA unless it launches through Game Pass/PS+/F2P.

This whole game's story is super bizarre because I thought what the fans were clamoring for was another Black Flag without the AC baggage and instead they made it some competitive multiplayer thing, and now it looks like they've pivoted to more of a Sea of Thieves approach.

It's not impossible for this to turn out a decent game but if the plan here is to release it 5 years after it's supposed to where Sea of Thieves in that time has made leaps and bounds from its crummy launch into an incredibly popular and content rich experience then they're gonna have a lot of work cut out for them.

Roberts

I actually like the idea, looks like serious Sea of Thieves but they'll probably ruin it with microtransactions and greed.

Actually, Sea of Thieves best asset is that it is not serious. Buuuut, for a game that is all giggles you need to focus un think if you want to achieve anything in it. So, that part is quiet serious.

That said, I’m curious about it and sea travel in AC4 was kind of fun.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Fuck gam3r cred lol people playing the same 3-5 games over and over again can't say shit
Yup.
The crew is basically assassin's creed on wheels.

When a creator is creatively dead he moves to ubisoft to get drained to dust

Last edited:

Dane

November 8th 2022.

I was told a long time ago that Ubisoft loves opening studios on places that not much of the industry regards because of subsidies.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
This game is going to release one way or another due to the fucking government lol

Tommi84

Sooo.. they will release it even if it's a complete turd? Sure, this brings confidence to the table

yurinka

I wonder which will be the bigger hit for Ubisoft: this or Roller Champions or Hyperscape or Xdefiant ?

Ubisoft should maybe think about their Gaas focus
I think this will be the most successful one.

The AC games with sailing worked very well but half of players loved the sailing part and other half hated it, so this game started as their idea to split the sailing part into a new IP and to keep the non-sailing part for the next AC games.

And well..:
  • The AC games with sailing worked very well
  • The modern/recent big AAA Ubi games worked very well
  • Sea of Thieves (GaaS) worked very well
  • Sea of Thieves seems as the only somewhat direct competition
This game is going to release one way or another due to the fucking government lol
That goverment "rumor" doesn't make any sense. Ubisoft is a multibillion company, they decide when they release their games. Not any government, specially because their AAA games aren't made in a single country, but instead -as happens in most AAA games from any company- many studios from many countries work on it.

I would say it's DOA, but maybe all the sea of thieves hype fuels this one a bit
Fully expecting this to be DOA unless it launches through Game Pass/PS+/F2P.
As I remember, all big AAA Ubisoft games where they spent a lot of money performed well. This one seems a mixture of the AC sailoring stuff and Sea of Thieves, both worked very well and other thatn SoT there's no competition there. I'm pretty sure it will perform well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom