• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 278: Usman vs. Edwards 2 - Salt Lake City - August 20

Who wins: Usman or Edwards? Costa or Rockhold? Aldo or Dvalishvili?

• Usman, Costa, Aldo.

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Usman, Rockhold, Aldo.

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Usman, Costa, Dvalishvili.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Usman, Rockhold, Dvalishvili.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Edwards, Costa, Aldo.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Edwards, Rockhold, Aldo.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Edwards, Costa, Dvalishvili.

• Edwards, Rockhold, Dvalishvili.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Damn. Right after he faked another nut shot. Hate to see Usman go down like this, but he was playing a dangerous game. Fuck man, I wanted him to tie the record and attempt double champ status, but it is what it is.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
tp1i772440j91.jpg

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Usman fans felt too secure he was cut up in UFC 278 and paid for the massive over confidence.

Braag

Overconfidence has been the downfall of so many UFC champs who were at the top of the food chain. I feel like Usman didn't respect Edwards enough and paid for it.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
"Doubt him now" I saw the fight and he was outclasses for 4 rounds.

usman was def about to win, but that headshot at the last minute thats the game glover was about to get a win from jiri and was dominating until the last 30 seconds not over until its over Leon said he'll do an immediate rematch, but still might not be a good idea for usman to fight too soon its not like he tapped like Nunes/Glover did he took some real head damage his feet were twitching eyes wide open its kinda scary

GymWolf

I think that chimaev is gonna fuck leon up, he knows how to submit people and not only kick their feet during clinch, leon gave his back to usman multiple times to get up, good luck doing that against an even bigger wrestler who knows jj...

I've never seen someone look so beaten as Edwards did through the last 3 rounds. It's strange as he won the first round but after the second he looked like he had no belief in himself. And then, bang. I was welling up during that speech at the end. Amazing stuff.

GymWolf

I've never seen someone look so beaten as Edwards did through the last 3 rounds. It's strange as he won the first round but after the second he looked like he had no belief in himself. And then, bang. I was welling up during that speech at the end. Amazing stuff.
He gassed out.

Usman train at elevation so he had an advantage.

Last edited:

mxbison

Way too many fighters looked absolutely exhausted after the first round, I really hope they take that into consideration for future events.

Wonderful to see Usman get slept but I'd definitely have him as the favorite in a rematch where he'll probably go back to his patented 5 rounds cage grind and footstomping.

I feel really bad for Usman...but I am equally happy for Leon. Nothing is guaranteed in MMA, and that is what makes it so exciting...

Top Bottom