• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFO spotted over Hawaii last night

Romulus

It could be anything, and easily explained. But maybe not. I do love hearing the typical reactions to stuff we don't understand. We just discovered gravity waves recently, a basic pillar of the universe. So even judging by our brightest scientists, we're extremely primitive as a species and barely understand the basics of the universe. Takes us decades just to plan a mission to our own moon but 9-5 working class people have the entire universe figured out somehow.

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
THEY'RE HERE!!!! :messenger_face_screaming:

1119753.jpg

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
“Our technology is unlike anything you could imagine” - President Trump (paraphrased)

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned
I fucking hope so. That is pretty clear footage too.

However as someone who has lived in Hawaii. The sky at night is like nothing you have ever seen. Like even if you go to the middle of nowhere in the US it wont be anything like what you see in the sky in HI. So maybe it was an asteroid that broke up?

Weird that 2 people saw it that clearly. I dunno.

showernota

Update:

The Chief Flight Instructor at Maui Flight Academy tells Maui Now that the mysterious lights in the night sky on Saturday were most likely drones from a military technology exercise and not meteors.

Kind of weird the one has like a visible tail of light...

Kev Kev

the blinking lights give it away

its not alien and its no one trying to be sneaky. probably just a plane

100% drones and the 'mothership'.

The latest in aviation warfare is a 'mothership' that flies high up in the Atmosphere/stratosphere, which launches individual drones (UAV's/UCAV's) to carry out missions on the ground. The drones are armed with reconnaissance pods or 1, sometimes 2, 'assassination' missiles; missiles which do very literal collateral damage.

For example, you can fire one of these weapons in to a room of people and only kill the target you're aiming for. Or, in the case i saw, in to a car full of people (the missile killed the driver, left the passenger with mild burns and bleeding ears)

Once the mission is complete, the drones return to the mothership and are refuelled, ready for the next strike.

JimiNutz

Banned
I'm glad the Aliens are going somewhere nice like Hawaii. I hope they had a great vacation and that they tell the rest of the galaxy that Earth is lovely and open for business.

All this Chinese Covid shit was giving us a bad name and I was worried that alien investment would dry up.

Romulus

100% drones and the 'mothership'.

The latest in aviation warfare is a 'mothership' that flies high up in the Atmosphere/stratosphere, which launches individual drones (UAV's/UCAV's) to carry out missions on the ground. The drones are armed with reconnaissance pods or 1, sometimes 2, 'assassination' missiles; missiles which do very literal collateral damage.

For example, you can fire one of these weapons in to a room of people and only kill the target you're aiming for. Or, in the case i saw, in to a car full of people (the missile killed the driver, left the passenger with mild burns and bleeding ears)

Once the mission is complete, the drones return to the mothership and are refuelled, ready for the next strike.

Don't know where you got this info, but it would be nice to know. It doesn't make any sense to fly it over populated areas though. They're literally advertising it and turning all the lights on.

Last edited:
Don't know where you got this info, but it would be nice to know. It doesn't make any sense to fly it over populated areas though. They're literally advertising it and turning all the lights on.
No way will i reveal how i know that stuff. Not trying to sound like a smart-arse or some insider, but loose lips sink ships. Mums the word.

Hawaii is not far from a certain base which houses this kind of stuff (not area 51), it's over open water (which is adds a technical difficulty to navigation) and as a complete guess, i would see having people spot them is a positive, as it could be part of the testing.

Romulus

No way will i reveal how i know that stuff. Not trying to sound like a smart-arse or some insider, but loose lips sink ships. Mums the word.

Hawaii is not far from a certain base which houses this kind of stuff (not area 51), it's over open water (which is adds a technical difficulty to navigation) and as a complete guess, i would see having people spot them is a positive, as it could be part of the testing.

Working around people in the intelligence field, its very compartmentalized. You can have the highest security clearance on the planet, but not know anything about black projects. The chance that you're somehow involved with such is mind bloggingly small. Even that you know someone willing to divulge is astronomical odds.
Not to mention your analyses doesn't even make sense. Why in the actual fuck would the military need a craft that large and so obtuse in design for Drone launches? It just goes against all logic and practically.
If the drones are as advanced as you've said previously, they dont even need that type of launch and recovery. They can be launched from one of hundreds of military bases all over the world.

Last edited:
Working around people in the intelligence field, its very compartmentalized. You can have the highest security clearance on the planet, but not know anything about black projects. 1.The chance that you're somehow involved with such is mind bloggingly small. Even that you know someone willing to divulge is astronomical odds.
Not to mention your analyses doesn't even make sense. Why in the actual fuck would the military need a craft 2. that large and so obtuse in design for Drone launches? It just goes against all logic and practically.
If the drones are as advanced as you've said previously, they dont even need that type of launch and recovery. 3.They can be launched from one of hundreds of military bases all over the world.
1. I wish i was clever enough to be involved. I really do. I can flip a mean burger though.

2. Aircraft carriers are huge. Their only benefit is as a launch platform for jets, now we don't need jets. We don't need floating islands in the sea that are a sitting duck for ordinance. The motherships are stationed in the air, away from RADAR or any form of detection. The size doesn't really matter, strategically, but serves a purpose mechanically. Have you seen the B2 stealth in person? Apart from being a beautiful piece of kit, it is fucking huge!

3.Sure they can be launched from all over the world, and are. The idea of the 'mothership' is it stays in orbit using, i could only guess, as fuel to keep it up there, while the drones go off and do their thing. At the moment, a lot of drones are controlled by people sitting in the USA, while the drones are, God knows where. The Mothership just means you can park this badboy over beijing and nobody would know unless you wanted them to.

Again, to be clear, i'm not trying to come across as an authority or even remotely intelligible, i'm just offering some food for thought, rather than "UFO". Like i said previously in the thread, 90% of what we see is experimental aircraft. 10% is either really experimental, or just mental. the 10% is interesting.

Last edited:

StargazerXL

This could have been simply a satellite re-entering the atmosphere, and what these guys are seeing is just debris left over from it. Here's a picture taken from the Canada France Hawaii Telescope's cloudcam on Saturday night at 22:03 HST.

2d5w0hA.jpg

Edit: here's the prediction as to what it was: https://aerospace.org/reentries/cz-3b-rocket-body-id-33415. Basically a booster from a Chinese rocket launched in 2008.

Last edited:

Romulus

1. I wish i was clever enough to be involved. I really do. I can flip a mean burger though.

2. Aircraft carriers are huge. Their only benefit is as a launch platform for jets, now we don't need jets. We don't need floating islands in the sea that are a sitting duck for ordinance. The motherships are stationed in the air, away from RADAR or any form of detection. The size doesn't really matter, strategically, but serves a purpose mechanically. Have you seen the B2 stealth in person? Apart from being a beautiful piece of kit, it is fucking huge!

3.Sure they can be launched from all over the world, and are. The idea of the 'mothership' is it stays in orbit using, i could only guess, as fuel to keep it up there, while the drones go off and do their thing. At the moment, a lot of drones are controlled by people sitting in the USA, while the drones are, God knows where. The Mothership just means you can park this badboy over beijing and nobody would know unless you wanted them to.

Again, to be clear, i'm not trying to come across as an authority or even remotely intelligible, i'm just offering some food for thought, rather than "UFO". Like i said previously in the thread, 90% of what we see is experimental aircraft. 10% is either really experimental, or just mental. the 10% is interesting.

I don't think the aircraft carrier comparison works. They're mostly a sitting duck for a reason. It's a deterrent with some ability to force project. Destroy/damage the carrier and face the wrath of the entire US armed forces.
Sorry but I think wherever you heard this is false. There are do many ways to launch drones that a mothership is absurd. The logistics of just getting something that large in the sky and maintaining it is insane, then the reasoning behind it doesn't make any sense when drones already have insane range and capability.
With this craft, you're not force projecting anything, you risk an intentional disaster if thar thing is shot down. It's just not logical in any sense. You've been watching hellicarriers on the avengers lol.

I don't think the aircraft carrier comparison works. They're mostly a sitting duck for a reason. It's a deterrent with some ability to force project. Destroy/damage the carrier and face the wrath of the entire US armed forces.
Sorry but I think wherever you heard this is false. There are do many ways to launch drones that a mothership is absurd. The logistics of just getting something that large in the sky and maintaining it is insane, then the reasoning behind it doesn't make any sense when drones already have insane range and capability.
With this craft, you're not force projecting anything, you risk an intentional disaster if thar thing is shot down. It's just not logical in any sense. You've been watching hellicarriers on the avengers lol.
Fair enough, i take what you've said on board.

What do you believe it is or can be? (Don't take that in a shitty internet tone of "fine i've lost an arguement but you know all the answer smart guy"), i mean it sincerely. I would like to hear your thoughts.

Romulus

Fair enough, i take what you've said on board.

What do you believe it is or can be? (Don't take that in a shitty internet tone of "fine i've lost an arguement but you know all the answer smart guy"), i mean it sincerely. I would like to hear your thoughts.

Holy shit. You just took criticism like a champ. That's unheard of in aniomous land where everyone is expert/tough guy on all subjects. You have my respect.

I honestly don't know what it is, the ideas I've heard just don't seem to add up. I'm still waiting for more info.

Holy shit. You just took criticism like a champ. That's unheard of in aniomous land where everyone is expert/tough guy on all subjects. You have my respect.

I honestly don't know what it is, the ideas I've heard just don't seem to add up. I'm still waiting for more info.
Thanks man. I prefer a discussion, regardless of outcome vs posturing. Nobody learns anything that way.

For sure though, it will be interesting to see what comes of it, if anything. Hopefully something.

DeeDogg_

Banned
Are we still mocking UFO videos and people who believe them when there are fully funded government agencies with the specific purpose of studying cases like this one? Jesus Christ

Romulus

Are we still mocking UFO videos and people who believe them when there are fully funded government agencies with the specific purpose of studying cases like this one? Jesus Christ

I think this comes from most from people in the US with that bubble mentality. What they don't realize is that dozens of nations across the world have intelligence gathering programs that study these anomalies too, unrelated to the United States. And they have hard evidence, radar tracks with fighter pilots chasing objects performing mind-bending speeds going back to the 1940s. It's a worldwide phenomenon. Most people think the recent US fighter pilot UFO incident was the only one, lmao, typical US way of thinking. "Has to happen in the US to be real!"

So, you can discredit one government as possibly a mistake, but when it happens all over the world and they didn't even know they were all investigating these craft? That starts to disrupt the frail human psychology of superiority imo, which is sacred to our economies.

Last edited:
Top Bottom