• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ugly Sonic Appears in the Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers Movie

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I wonder how whomever designed that abomination feels about all this. First everyone hated it so much that it was replaced by a more traditional Sonic in the movie, and now it's brought back as a joke.

Not complaining, this is good fun!

I wonder how whomever designed that abomination feels about all this. First everyone hated it so much that it was replaced by a more traditional Sonic in the movie, and now it's brought back as a joke.

I think they were aiming for the realistic look instead of the gaming look?

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
craig-no-need-to-be-upset.gif

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
I wonder how whomever designed that abomination feels about all this.
The designer probably just did what they were told, which in the case of the sonic movie was to create a "realistic" looking sonic.
So they are probably indifferent, or at least like that the work done is still getting some use; in the end it's just a job like any other.

Pagusas

Elden Member

99% sure it was designed by a committee, and they were all paid for their work, so I'm sure they are fine. Heck I wonder if Sega or them got some sort of licensing fee for the design for use in this movie.

Last edited:
im watching this movie now, its actually surprisingly good. Same humor as ‘Who Framed Roger Rabbit’ a lot of adult metaphors in it. Even better if you watched Rescue Rangers back in the day
Were about to make popcorn and start watching it tonight if everyone would get settled in. I'm trying to figure out how John Mulaney voice on a chipmunk is going to work.

jaysius

Banned
It’s the best Disney based content on that miserable pile of shit called Disney+.

In Canada we get really fucked, no Hulu content, huge delays on FX network content.

I got a free year of it for watching some kind of web skills building video, glad I didn’t pay a dime for this shit.

The movie was a fun nostalgia trip.

I'm actually pretty surprised how well-received this is being considering the reactions to the initial pitch and trailers. Maybe I'll check it out.

Jsisto

I’m 100 percent convinced ugly sonic was a marketing scheme to draw attention to the movie, and was always meant to be a joke. No one can convince me otherwise.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Tim Robinson being the voice is perfect. I Think You Should Leave is the funniest show in years.

Top Bottom