• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK Boxed Charts: Week 9, 2024 (Feb 25 - Mar 2)

Chris tidbits:

The latest UK charts are in and it is no surprise who's sitting at the top spot this week.

We predicted it, you predicted it, of course, this week's champ is Final Fantasy VII Rebirth on the PS5. Square Enix's latest managed to beat both EA Sports FC 24 and Hogwarts Legacy this time around (which is no mean feat) and it means that last week's bronze medalist, Mario vs. Donkey Kong, has been pushed down the ladder once again.
Super Mario Bros. Wonder and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe are the only other Nintendo faces appearing in the top ten this week, with Helldivers II and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III ensuring that even the likes of Minecraft and Animal Crossing: New Horizons miss out. Oof.

Here's your look at this week's top 40 in full, with platform breakdowns for all of the titles available on other consoles alongside the Switch:

Last WeekThis WeekGamePlatform Split
NEW1Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
12EA Sports FC 24Switch 36%, PS5 35%, PS4 23%, Xbox 6%
23Hogwarts LegacyPS5 58%, Switch 29%, PS4 6%, Xbox Series 4%
44Helldivers II
35Mario vs. Donkey Kong
76Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
57Super Mario Bros. Wonder
68Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III
99Marvel's Spider-Man 2
1110Grand Theft Auto V
1311Minecraft
1712Animal Crossing: New Horizons
813LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker SagaPS5 71%, Switch 21%, PS4 6%, Xbox Series 3%
-14Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II
2015Nintendo Switch Sports
1516Resident Evil 4
1917F1 23
2118It Takes TwoSwitch 60%, PS4 40%
1019Star Wars Jedi: Survivor
1820WreckfestPS5 99%, PS4 1%, Switch 0%
2821Red Dead RedemptionPS4 79%, Switch 21%
2622The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
2223Tekken 8
2424Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League
2925Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - Remastered
1626Skull and Bones
-27Cyberpunk 2077
2728The Last of Us Part II: Remastered
3029Octopath Traveler IISwitch 50%, PS5 49%, PS4 1%
3330Need for Speed: Unbound
-31Super Mario Odyssey
2532Assassin's Creed Mirage
3933Batman Arkham Collection
3534Red Dead Redemption 2
-35Mario Party Superstars
-36Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive EditionPS4 39%, Switch 36%, Xbox Series 25%
-37Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
-38Pokémon Violet
-39NBA 2K24PS5 40%, PS4 33%, Switch 15%, Xbox Series 11%
-40Call of Duty WWII

[Sales Data Compiled by GfK]

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Fifa on Switch outsold PS?

Heh-Robin-Hood-Men-In-Tights.gif

Hogwarts is an evergreen. Must be going over well with our purple friends.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Hogwarts now selling best on the PS5?! Makes me think a boost of PS5 hardware was had this past week.

Fake

Need for Speed Remastered beating others remasters. Wow.

The old NfS are still great to play.

jm89

I serously have to wonder why retailers are stocking xbox physical version.

Single digital percetage sales on alot of games is absymal.

Last edited:

onQ123

Wreckfest being on the chart week after week should not go unnoticed , I remember thinking it was just a sale that brought it into the charts but months later it's still around

Last edited:

SaintALia

Amazing what can happen if you just stopped slopping slimy leftover 'legacy editions' onto Switch owners trays eh EA?

'
EA Sports FC 24Switch 36%, PS5 35%, PS4 23%, Xbox 6%'

Sorry, I just find that hilarious. For the longest time I just figured the Switch versions just sold like shit and there was no point in developing an up to spec bespoke version for the Switch. Now I realise it may have been just greed. They sell well enough, so why bother put in the effort when you can just make bank on the shit people are forced to buy anyway?

Or maybe legacy editions ended a long time ago, honestly I stopped checking. Ever since the Wii U, I figured all Nintendo would get was a decent FIFA launch port for a new system and then legacy editions thereafter.

Last edited:

Woopah

Amazing what can happen if you just stopped slopping slimy leftover 'legacy editions' onto Switch owners trays eh EA?

'
EA Sports FC 24Switch 36%, PS5 35%, PS4 23%, Xbox 6%'

Sorry, I just find that hilarious. For the longest time I just figured the Switch versions just sold like shit and there was no point in developing an up to spec bespoke version for the Switch. Now I realise it may have been just greed. They sell well enough, so why bother put in the effort when you can just make bank on the shit people are forced to buy anyway?

Or maybe legacy editions ended a long time ago, honestly I stopped checking. Ever since the Wii U, I figured all Nintendo would get was a decent FIFA launch port for a new system and then legacy editions thereafter.
Since this is the first EA FC game it couldn't be a legacy version for Switch. Let's see what happens this year.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
It outsold PS5 specifically, not PS. PS4+PS5 is much higher.
PS4 gets no love.

It is funny tho that the PS4 would get overlooked by some when the Switch launched about 3 years before the PS5.

Wreckfest being on the chart week after week should not go unnoticed , I remember thinking it was just a sale that brought it into the charts but months later it's still around
Currys or Argos (can't remember which one) have a PS5 bundle that gets you the game for free.

As for EA Sports FC24 selling more on Switch, the 22 quids offer is doing its job. The other versions are about 32 quids each.

Aaand, the Switch install base in UK is significant.

Last edited:
Top Bottom