• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

UK Boxed sales | Metroid fastest selling Metroid in UK ever at #3, Alan Wake at #5 | Digital sales continue to shrink physical market

MrFunSocks

Jul 9, 2020
I can't speak för the PC version, which this remaster is based on, but take a look at this comparison. To say there's virtually no difference is simply not true. But it is a remaster and not a remake after all. Don't expect REmake 2 quality.
Looks like a higher resolution and some questionable minor differences to me.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Jun 7, 2004
I can't speak för the PC version, which this remaster is based on, but take a look at this comparison. To say there's virtually no difference is simply not true. But it is a remaster and not a remake after all. Don't expect REmake 2 quality.
There are differences.

Plenty more in other threads. Quite a big difference in how fog, lighting, and this is not to talk about how some items like character and terrain textures are higher res and yet seem to convey less detail (not unlike some HD texture packs some games get).