• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK Monthly Charts | PS5 #1 Hardware, 65% of Resident Evil 4 sales were on PlayStation, 20% on Xbox and 15% on PC (Digital+Physical)

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
the fact that PC only accounted for 15% even when taking in digital sales is wacky, the game was topping steam charts at launch. Playstation must have a major grip on the UK market for even PC sales to be surpassed

60/40 split between PS and Xbox? Sounds like healthy competition to me. Expect the second half of the year will bring that closer to 50/50 with Xbox's upcoming games.
Yep - PlayStation will stop selling even though Final Fantasy XVI, Spider-Man 2, FFVII: Rebirth etc are releasing.

This’ll be a monster year because now the PS5 is available in plenty, we’ll see the FIFA (EA FC) and COD casuals upgrade in droves as well.

Topher

Gold Member
Yep - PlayStation will stop selling even though Final Fantasy XVI, Spider-Man 2, FFVII: Rebirth etc are releasing.

This’ll be a monster year because now the PS5 is available in plenty, we’ll see the FIFA (EA FC) and COD casuals upgrade in droves as well.

I'm saying it will be more competitive with actual Xbox games in play. Said nothing about PS "stop selling".

yazenov

Absolutely terrible results for MS.

Being outsold by more than 3x the sales of one of the most popular gaming franchises in history is alarming, despite it happening in the UK, MS's second biggest market outside of the US. I cannot imagine how bad the total splits will be for Xbox overall in Europe.

Glad we have the splits for both digital and physics since some were claiming that it will be "close" with digital. Its not. Its not even close.

Some people will bring up the user base difference as an excuse but that doesn't explain why the PS version of the game outsold the Xbox version by more than 3 x. The only probable explanation is that what we were suspecting all along. Its has to be Gamepass. That shit is a disruptor of game sales, literally.

Oh and the PC sales are disappointing as well. The PS is single handedly carrying most of the game sales.

Last edited:

yazenov

For comparison, this was the split for RE Village which did have an Xbox One version:

Alot of people correctly predicted that the sales splits would increase as more PS5 are available on the market. That ratio was huge for PS despite the shortages. Imagine what things will look like after a year from now when all the huge demand for the PS5 has been satisfied.

If the splits for RE4 remake is any indication, it will be a total domination next year for PS5.

Robbinhood

Banned
Covid and supply issues was a literal gift from the Heavens for Xbox. Sony was MEANT to bury Xbox right out of the gate.

As it were, the best thing for Microsoft occurred, and people were forced to consider the possibility of buying the rival machine just because they have no other choice. If Xbox had their games lined up to hit Sony when they were vulnerable, they could have done the impossible. 2022 Gave Xbox a chance. A relatively even playing field

Xbox couldn't hit the homerun when they needed to. And now the opportunity is gone.
You nailed it. The thing is, Covid could have been even better for PS if they could have avoided manufacturing issue. I'd argue no one benefited more from Covid than Nintendo which essentially got a resurgence in the last three years, a time when sales tend to slow down. It boosted its brand strength and they can ride that momentum into their next console in 2024, things just lined up really well for them.

But MS is fortunate that sales were almost equal for 1-2 years artificially. PS5 would easily have been the fastest selling console ever, maybe hitting 60 mil and Xbox under 20. Would have been 3:1.

Sony needs to continue what they are doing but thy can step it up in their releases as well, I hope they blow us away at their rumoured showcase. They should never rest on their laurels.

Klosshufvud

Alot of people correctly predicted that the sales splits would increase as more PS5 are available on the market. That ratio was huge for PS despite the shortages. Imagine what things will look like after a year from now when all the huge demand for the PS5 has been satisfied.

If the splits for RE4 remake is any indication, it will be a total domination next year for PS5.
You pretend as if Japanese games haven't always sold dominantly superior on Playstation over Xbox. It's been like that since the inception of time. I can't name a single Japanese third-party title where the gap hasn't been insane like 60-80% in favor of Playstation. These franchises originated and were made popular on Playstation. Hardly a surprise to see this split considering where the fanbases of those games are.

yazenov

You pretend as if Japanese games haven't always sold dominantly superior on Playstation over Xbox. It's been like that since the inception of time. I can't name a single Japanese third-party title where the gap hasn't been insane like 60-80% in favor of Playstation. These franchises originated and were made popular on Playstation. Hardly a surprise to see this split considering where the fanbases of those games are.

Don't just dismiss it as Japanese games sell more on Sony's systems.

In fact, all multiplatform games sell better on Playstation, even western games. And the gap keeps on increasing in favor of Sony, despite how relatively close the console userbase are sales wise in the UK. Can you explain why the game sold almost 3x more on PS? Even though most of the prior games where also on Xbox, and the splits keeps on increasing from the previous entries.

Lets face it, most games will sell better on PS, even your so called Western game. Its not just Japanese games.

MS has only themselves to blame by the devaluation of games sales by introducing Gamepass in hope to disrupt the industry as a last desperate resort to compete with Sony and Nintendo. Now they are facing the consequences of training their consumers to rent games instead of buying them.

Last edited:
Here's the Weekly version
https://nintendoeverything.com/uk-software-sales-for-the-week-ending-april-8-2023/

The latest UK software sales chart for the week ending April 8, 2023 is as follows:

# TitlePublisher Last Week
1 FIFA 23ELECTRONIC ARTS 2
2 RESIDENT EVIL 4CAPCOM 1
3 HOGWARTS LEGACYWARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE 3
4 MARIO KART 8 DELUXENINTENDO 5
5 THE LAST OF US PART IISONY COMPUTER ENT. 30
6 CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE IIACTIVISION BLIZZARD 4
7 GRAN TURISMO 7SONY COMPUTER ENT.
8 EA SPORTS PGA TOURELECTRONIC ARTS
9 GOD OF WAR RAGNAROKSONY COMPUTER ENT. 9
10 SUPER MARIO ODYSSEYNINTENDO 8

Klosshufvud

Don't just dismiss it as Japanese games sell more on Sony's systems.

In fact, all multiplatform games sell better on Playstation, even western games. And the gap keeps on increasing in favor of Sony, despite how relatively close the console userbase are sales wise in the UK. Can you explain why the game sold almost 3x more on PS? Even though most of the prior games where also on Xbox, and the splits keeps on increasing from the previous entries.

Lets face it, most games will sell better on PS, even your so called Western game. Its not just Japanese games.

MS has only themselves to blame by the devaluation of games sales by introducing Gamepass in hope to disrupt the industry as a last desperate resort to compete with Sony and Nintendo. Now they are facing the consequences of training their consumers to rent games instead of buying them.
Why are you intentionally being so thick? I'm saying your doomsday prophecy doesn't really apply in this case because Japanese games with roots in Playstation tend to sell overwhelming majority of copies on Playstation. It has always been like that. Way before Game Pass was even a thing. Even when 360 had more market share than PS3, Japanese games sold way, way better on PS3. This is nothing new. The split of newer IPs/Western games is indeed more worrisome for Xbox though. And makes for a much better argument as to why Playstation seems to accumulate third-party sales more than Xbox is.

cormack12

Gold Member
The success of the software market was driven by Hogwarts Legacy, which is the fastest-selling video game in the UK outside of FIFA and Call of Duty since Red Dead Redemption 2. It has already outsold two of last year’s best-selling games: LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga and Elden Ring.

Dayum Hogwarts

yazenov

Why are you intentionally being so thick? I'm saying your doomsday prophecy doesn't really apply in this case because Japanese games with roots in Playstation tend to sell overwhelming majority of copies on Playstation. It has always been like that. Way before Game Pass was even a thing. Even when 360 had more market share than PS3, Japanese games sold way, way better on PS3. This is nothing new. The split of newer IPs/Western games is indeed more worrisome for Xbox though. And makes for a much better argument as to why Playstation seems to accumulate third-party sales more than Xbox is.
But your argument of multiplatform games such as RE having some kind of roots on PS hence the majority of sales being on that platform is quite frankly bullshit.

1st of all, the franchise has been on MS's platform for 3 generations now and it never skipped the Xbox consoles. So it having it roots on Playstation don't explain the huge gap in sales.

Sure the game is made by a Japanese company but it is an action / horror game that has a worldwide appeal, not just for a certain audience like Japanese rpgs.

Now if you have told me that the Xbox audience are more interested in 1st person shoot bang shooters then you would have a better argument, as MS has been pushing these games on its platform since the original Xbox days.

Spitfire098

call-your-senator-now-2022-03-30.jpg

First Japan and now UK?!?

onQ123

https://nintendoeverything.com/uk-software-sales-for-the-week-ending-april-8-2023/

The latest UK software sales chart for the week ending April 8, 2023 is as follows:

#TitlePublisherLast Week
1FIFA 23ELECTRONIC ARTS2
2RESIDENT EVIL 4CAPCOM1
3HOGWARTS LEGACYWARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE3
4MARIO KART 8 DELUXENINTENDO5
5THE LAST OF US PART IISONY COMPUTER ENT.30
6CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE IIACTIVISION BLIZZARD4
7GRAN TURISMO 7SONY COMPUTER ENT.
8EA SPORTS PGA TOURELECTRONIC ARTS
9GOD OF WAR RAGNAROKSONY COMPUTER ENT.9
10SUPER MARIO ODYSSEYNINTENDO8
The Last Of Us II & Gran Turismo 7 had crazy boost this week

#TitlePublisherLast Week
1FIFA 23ELECTRONIC ARTS2
2RESIDENT EVIL 4CAPCOM1
3HOGWARTS LEGACYWARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE3
4MARIO KART 8 DELUXENINTENDO5
5THE LAST OF US PART IISONY COMPUTER ENT.30
6CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE IIACTIVISION BLIZZARD4
7GRAN TURISMO 7SONY COMPUTER ENT.
8EA SPORTS PGA TOURELECTRONIC ARTS
9GOD OF WAR RAGNAROKSONY COMPUTER ENT.9
10SUPER MARIO ODYSSEYNINTENDO8
The way TLOUII keeps coming back as a surprise visitor gaf doesn't want to see in front of them is sending me every week at this point :messenger_tears_of_joy:

There's no way this game doesn't reach 15M copies sold this year or early next year. The game surpassed 10M early last year. It's been a year and 3 months already and it keeps popping up in most charts, even before the tv show came out it was happening sometimes, lmao.

The way TLOUII keeps coming back as a surprise visitor gaf doesn't want to see in front of them is sending me every week at this point :messenger_tears_of_joy:

There's no way this game doesn't reach 15M copies sold this year or early next year. The game surpassed 10M early last year. It's been a year and 3 months already and it keeps popping up in most charts, even before the tv show came out it was happening sometimes, lmao.

Sony needs to get TLOU Online out ASAP. And it better be freaking amazing.

And if it gets to 15 million, I'm sure some will still call it a flop, lol.

onQ123

They will probably give a update in a few weeks

SaintALia

Wait a minute....Tchia? That game charted? Holy SHIT! Congrats to that game and the devs. Thought it was gonna be one of those indie games that came out without a strong first or third party backing and just kinda disappear. Good to see it charted. It at least breaks up the AAA games, sports franchises and Nintendo first party games that typically dominate charts.

Mr Moose

Nah the data presented shows that Series X/S gamers represented a slightly higher proportion of sales than would be expected by market share alone.
For comparison, this was the split for RE Village which did have an Xbox One version:

43% of Resident Evil sales were on PS5, 31% on Xbox, 15% on PS4 and 11% on PC
Now I don't know what to believe.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Interesting. Which western publisher has games skipping the Xbox platform?

Not really. It’s not a new story that PS5 stock issues are now over and the hardware’s getting a big bump in sales from demand for games like Hogwarts as well as increased availability.

Big story is really about the RE 4 split, and the underlying story that the impact of the economic downturn seems overrated. People ARE spending money on gaming.

The bolded is my big takeaway also!

Spitfire098

Wait a minute....Tchia? That game charted? Holy SHIT! Congrats to that game and the devs. Thought it was gonna be one of those indie games that came out without a strong first or third party backing and just kinda disappear. Good to see it charted. It at least breaks up the AAA games, sports franchises and Nintendo first party games that typically dominate charts.
Legit crazy because it was given away with ps+.

I was looking forward to it on xbox. Didn't buy because of the reported control issues. I will pick it up later now that it is patched.

They will probably give a update in a few weeks

Id say the next announcement will be 50 million sales for the franchise.

I doubt they get into the specifics if which game got which
They may give us a sales update for the 2nd game when they release it on PC or the supposed PS5 version. Otherwise i agree we'll keep hearing on the IPs sales overall.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was at nearly 40M at this point if not more.

Klosshufvud

But your argument of multiplatform games such as RE having some kind of roots on PS hence the majority of sales being on that platform is quite frankly bullshit.

1st of all, the franchise has been on MS's platform for 3 generations now and it never skipped the Xbox consoles. So it having it roots on Playstation don't explain the huge gap in sales.

Sure the game is made by a Japanese company but it is an action / horror game that has a worldwide appeal, not just for a certain audience like Japanese rpgs.

Now if you have told me that the Xbox audience are more interested in 1st person shoot bang shooters then you would have a better argument, as MS has been pushing these games on its platform since the original Xbox days.
I'm saying that Japanese games have always sold better on Playstation, no matter the market share split. Part in due to the fact that those IPs became popular on Playstation, and part due to the fact that Playstation owners are more geared towards Japanese games than Xbox owners in general. So the idea that Gamepass caused this gap is nonsensical considering that gap has always existed. I remember something like a 80/20% split for MHW between PS4 and Xbone.

Mr Moose

I'm saying that Japanese games have always sold better on Playstation, no matter the market share split. Part in due to the fact that those IPs became popular on Playstation, and part due to the fact that Playstation owners are more geared towards Japanese games than Xbox owners in general. So the idea that Gamepass caused this gap is nonsensical considering that gap has always existed. I remember something like a 80/20% split for MHW between PS4 and Xbone.
Elsewhere, Atomic Heart charted at No.17, although the game was a Day One title in Game Pass, which may explain why 85% of its sales were on PS5 and PC.

They may give us a sales update for the 2nd game when they release it on PC or the supposed PS5 version. Otherwise i agree we'll keep hearing on the IPs sales overall.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was at nearly 40M at this point if not more.

Should be more than that easily. Was 37 before the show and PC release

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
The power of associating with the PlayStation brand and PlayStation's marketing.

It ranked #6 among AAA giants, despite being available on PS+ Extra from day one.

I'm saying it will be more competitive with actual Xbox games in play. Said nothing about PS "stop selling".
The ratios won’t change all that much, in fact, I expect them to widen. Sony have set a target they’ll likely meet, which means by the end of this fiscal year they’ll be closing in on 70m PS5s sold. Europe is Sony’s stronghold, and the U.K. market will respond more highly to COD, FIFA, Spider-Man 2 etc than Xbox’s exclusives based on genre alone.

We also have the PS5 slim rumoured for a September release. If that launches with or near Spider-Man 2 then Microsoft will fall behind further.

All of that will cause the Ratios to widen.

Between now and September when Starfield releases, Sony will widen and widen that gap and the ratio. A cheaper PS5 and a Spider-Man 2 combo will put the year to bed.

I previously thought that the Series S and GamePass combo would really hurt Sony in the U.K., but it hasn’t. The console has always been in plentiful supply and is regularly on sale.

Expecting Starfield, which I personally think will skew more PC than Xbox, to narrow that gap is asking a lot of it.

Last edited:

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Is because of all that sony money and influence .. didnt you know ?? Poor poor MS cant compete with that 🥲
Xbox gamers show once again, they are not interested in buying games. And yet they wonder why less and less games appear on their platform

Topher

Gold Member
The ratios won’t change all that much, in fact, I expect them to widen. Sony have set a target they’ll likely meet, which means by the end of this fiscal year they’ll be closing in on 70m PS5s sold. Europe is Sony’s stronghold, and the U.K. market will respond more highly to COD, FIFA, Spider-Man 2 etc than Xbox’s exclusives based on genre alone.

We also have the PS5 slim rumoured for a September release. If that launches with or near Spider-Man 2 then Microsoft will fall behind further.

All of that will cause the Ratios to widen.

Between now and September when Starfield releases, Sony will widen and widen that gap and the ratio. A cheaper PS5 and a Spider-Man 2 combo will put the year to bed.

I previously thought that the Series S and GamePass combo would really hurt Sony in the U.K., but it hasn’t. The console has always been in plentiful supply and is regularly on sale.

Expecting Starfield, which I personally think will skew more PC than Xbox, to narrow that gap is asking a lot of it.

I clarified what I was saying above as I realized I phrased it poorly:

60/40 split between PS and Xbox? Sounds like healthy competition to me. Expect the second half of the year will bring that closer to 50/50 with Xbox's upcoming games.

Edit: Yeah, I get why everyone is laughing. I phrased that poorly. Clearly, Xbox is not going to come close to evening out the market with PS. What I meant was that when the Xbox games hit, then sales will be closer to 50/50. I could be wrong there but we will see.

I do think Starfield's launch will affect the monthly numbers, but not overall and that is where I wasn't expressing myself correctly. I could be entirely wrong and you could be right. If Starfield doesn't move the needle for Xbox then.....sheesh, I don't know what will.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Those are really poor results for xbox given the console split in UK is roughly 55-45. I pointed this out in the Physical sales thread that even if you double the sales to account for a larger digital share for xbox, the sales split will still be massive.

The sad thing is that the xbox audience was always big spenders. They were older thus richer. Male, and in the 360 days almost always outsold the PS3 versions. The perfect demographic. I get that a lot of them switched over to the PS4 but Xbox was still posting really good sales in hardcore games like Destiny in UK and US. For them to go to 20% is just really awful and shows whatever Phil and MS are doing is not enough.

The xbox xs, xbox xsx, gamepass, billions spent on acquisitions. Nothing seems to move the needle, if anything, their users are no longer buying games like they used to. I know we like to blame everything on gamepass (like somehow redfall looking underwhelming is because of gamepass.... come on) but I think its a sum of all those things. MS has simply failed to generate any kind of excitement for their once popular brand (in UK and US).

I really hope some good comes from this because I definitely see MS going back to the top now that the CoD deal is about to close and Sony is undoubtedly losing access to CoD. And once MS goes back up top in 3-5 years or however long it takes for cod to go exclusive, I really hope the people in charge are long gone because they dont have a pulse on what gamers really want.

Last edited:

nowhat

Legit crazy because it was given away with ps+.
PS+ Extra, so not quite the (almost mandatory) peasant tier.

(On a related note, while not a Gamepass competitor, Extra is not really that bad. It's a decent deal if you're into that kind of thing. Essential though - unless you really enjoy poorly emulated classics or not-that-great streaming of PS3/4 games, there's no point to it.)

Orbital2060

UK GSD March 2023 Top 10 (Digital + Physical)​

PositionTitle
1Resident Evil 4 Remake (Capcom)
2Hogwarts Legacy (Warner Bros)
3FIFA 23 (EA)
4WWE 2K23 (2K Games)
5Grand Theft Auto 5 (Rockstar)
6Tchia (Kepler)
7Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Activision Blizzard)
8Red Dead Redemption 2 (Rockstar)
9Metroid Prime Remastered (Nintendo)*
10NBA 2K23 (2K Games)
* Digital data unavailable

Source: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/hogwa...e-uk-games-market-in-q1-2023-uk-monthy-charts

The problem with Gamesindustrys UK software charts is that they never publish the actual sales numbers. Its just an arbitrary spaghetti of percentages that make no sense. Percentages out of what, exactly?

And why the secrecy? You can guess at reasons. If you dont want the world to know how bad the state of the UK market really is - thats one possible reason.

It would be nice to know what we are talking about, before cheering on this or that.

Last week, the #2 spot accounted for around 5500 units (according to IBF). If you assume that Hogwarts dropped a little bit, maybe it sold 5000 copies this week. But then the rest of the titles on that list sold less than that, some of them maybe less than 1000 units. Just saying in the historical perspective that this is not the UK market we knew 5-10 years ago. Things have changed. And people should be careful reading too much into the percentages unless they know the sales numbers, too.

Just try and read that article. A spaghetti of percentages and not a single solid fact. Horrible to read, and a total waste of time if thought you were going to learn something of value.

Poltz

The problem with Gamesindustrys UK software charts is that they never publish the actual sales numbers. Its just an arbitrary spaghetti of percentages that make no sense. Percentages out of what, exactly?

And why the secrecy? You can guess at reasons. If you dont want the world to know how bad the state of the UK market really is - thats one possible reason.

It would be nice to know what we are talking about, before cheering on this or that.

Last week, the #2 spot accounted for around 5500 units (according to IBF). If you assume that Hogwarts dropped a little bit, maybe it sold 5000 copies this week. But then the rest of the titles on that list sold less than that, some of them maybe less than 1000 units. Just saying in the historical perspective that this is not the UK market we knew 5-10 years ago. Things have changed. And people should be careful reading too much into the percentages unless they know the sales numbers, too.

Just try and read that article. A spaghetti of percentages and not a single solid fact. Horrible to read, and a total waste of time if thought you were going to learn something of value.
It’s the same with NPD, people pay big money for this data. Atleast Sony and Nintendo give hardware data.

Last edited:

Orbital2060

It’s the same with NPD, people pay big money for this data. Atleast Sony and Nintendo give hardware data.
Ok thanks. If that is the reason why. But the chart is still useless. We have a rough idea of last week RE4Remake #1 sold 40k and HL #2 sold around 5500. Every other game on last weeks list sold less than that. We also know that the major releases far outsell the usual candidates on the weekly charts. As the writer of this article said last week. So what are we supposed to be talking about here, exactly? RE4 still selling pretty well, lets assume that. A good drop at 30k ++. Hogwarts at around the same units? 5500. And then #3 - #10 selling anything below that.

The funny thing is someone had the numbers and sat and hacked all of these percentages out. Instead of just publishing the raw data and comment on that and put things into perspective.

Poltz

Ok thanks. If that is the reason why. But the chart is still useless. We have a rough idea of last week RE4Remake #1 sold 40k and HL #2 sold around 5500. Every other game on last weeks list sold less than that. We also know that the major releases far outsell the usual candidates on the weekly charts. As the writer of this article said last week. So what are we supposed to be talking about here, exactly? RE4 still selling pretty well, lets assume that. A good drop at 30k ++. Hogwarts at around the same units? 5500. And then #3 - #10 selling anything below that.

The funny thing is someone had the numbers and sat and hacked all of these percentages out. Instead of just publishing the raw data and comment on that and put things into perspective.
When Xbox stopped reporting on hardware sales there was a lockdown basically, now there is a lockdown on Platform specific software charts too from NPD…

nowhat

When Xbox stopped reporting on hardware sales there was a lockdown basically
Xbox stopped reporting on hardware sales when PS4 undeniably surpassed One. There have been no definite hardware numbers from MS since that point, just vague stuff like "MAU" or subscriber count.

Woopah

Xbox One users were a lot more 2 years ago.... Now it's basically a retrogaming console

It died with Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite basically

It will be really interesting to see the split for Western games where there is a Xbox One version (such as Diablo 4)or its next gen only on both ecosystems (such as Jedi Survivor).

Joramun

Series X standalone is having issues and the Forza bundle isn't selling. Not going to be pretty numbers in the earnings call.
As much as I want the Series X I am not buying that garbage bundle.

Just give me the Xbox by itself or make a proper bundle.

Poltz

Those are really poor results for xbox given the console split in UK is roughly 55-45. I pointed this out in the Physical sales thread that even if you double the sales to account for a larger digital share for xbox, the sales split will still be massive.

The sad thing is that the xbox audience was always big spenders. They were older thus richer. Male, and in the 360 days almost always outsold the PS3 versions. The perfect demographic. I get that a lot of them switched over to the PS4 but Xbox was still posting really good sales in hardcore games like Destiny in UK and US. For them to go to 20% is just really awful and shows whatever Phil and MS are doing is not enough.

The xbox xs, xbox xsx, gamepass, billions spent on acquisitions. Nothing seems to move the needle, if anything, their users are no longer buying games like they used to. I know we like to blame everything on gamepass (like somehow redfall looking underwhelming is because of gamepass.... come on) but I think its a sum of all those things. MS has simply failed to generate any kind of excitement for their once popular brand (in UK and US).

I really hope some good comes from this because I definitely see MS going back to the top now that the CoD deal is about to close and Sony is undoubtedly losing access to CoD. And once MS goes back up top in 3-5 years or however long it takes for cod to go exclusive, I really hope the people in charge are long gone because they dont have a pulse on what gamers really want.
Games do. MS are also gambling that another game doesn't eat COD's lunch in 10 years time. If you would have told me at Halo 3 launch it would be largely irrelevant today in the way it is I would never have believed you. I believe COD is evergreen though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom