• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK Physical charts 7th Nov: Mw2 stays #1, Bratz > Harvestella

reksveks

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 remained strong at the top of the UK physical charts for its second week on shelves.

Sales for Activision's titles were only down 42% week-on-week, which is an excellent performance for a second week. This year's Call of Duty saw its physical launch sales in the UK up over 40% compared to 2021's Vanguard.

EA's FIFA 23 also continued to perform really well, securing No.2 for the second week running with a slight 12% dip in sales.

GfK noted sale increases across the board for Nintendo titles last week, with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe charting at No.3 following a 35% growth, Nintendo Switch Sports taking No.4 thanks to a 54% rise, and Splatoon 3 climbing to No.5 after a 19% increase in sales, among others.

It was a quiet week overall, but three new titles entered the Top 40: Bratz: Flaunt Your Fashion from Outright Games at No.15, Maximum Games' WRC Generations at No.22 and Square Enix's Harvestella at No.25.

Title
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
FIFA 23
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Nintendo Switch Sports
Splatoon 3
Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope
Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Minecraft (Switch)
Gotham Knights
Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga

Sorry about the table.

Seems like another slow week.

Source: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2-remains-at-the-top-uk-boxed-charts

Last edited:
I couldn't make it through the Harvestella demo, and I like farming games. Need to try it again someday. It looks like it has some potential but didn't do it for me.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I am contemplating whether I should buy mw2 or not. That price is just too much at the moment.
I was almost set to buy it, but then I downloaded the beta, and I realized (once again) that I'm just over the competitive MP FPS genre.

GOW - 'GOWR'

Having said that, MW2 MP seems good (not as good as the OG MW series -- not even close to that greatness) but it's still okay. So if you're into FPS MP, it's not a bad option.

Woopah

UK continues to be a tough market for Switch RPGs. We'll have to see how it does elsewhere and how strong its legs are (SE embargoing the reviews so late isn't a good sign though).

MrA

Banned
UK continues to be a tough market for Switch RPGs. We'll have to see how it does elsewhere and how strong its legs are (SE embargoing the reviews so late isn't a good sign though).
UK is the switch's weakest market as a whole to begin, niches will be hurt even more.

Woopah

UK is the switch's weakest market as a whole to begin, niches will be hurt even more.
Weakest of the main markets definitely. I think it is relatively weaker in smaller markets like New Zealand and Australia.

Top Bottom