• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra-Detective Case File RAINCODE announced - New mystrey game by Danganronpa devs (Spike Chunsoft x TooKyo Games)

Earlier today Kazutaka Kodaka announced a new project with SpikeChunsoft called "Chou Tantei Jinken-bo RAINCODE" or "Ultra Detective Case File RAINCODE."* there is a teaser site currently up which showcases some key art. The style of the game looks very reminiscent of Danganronpa, although with a heavier ghost/spirit/supernatural theme. There isn't too much detailed info at this point.

It has been confirmed in a Famitsu interview that this will be a mystery adventure game like many of Kodaka's previous games.
It's a new title that Chunsoft and I have teamed up on, and it's taking a long time to develop because it's getting more and more gorgeous. Unfortunately, there's not much I can tell you at this stage, but I think it will be a mystery adventure game like no one has ever seen before. It seems that Spike Chunsoft is putting their company's fortune on the line. We're not, though.

Not much other info for it at present. No details on platform, release date, price, etc. Just some screenshots & key art that was featured at the event:
002.jpg
007.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg
005.jpg
006.jpg

*Edit:
There's English version of the teaser site up that shows the localized title is "Enigma Archives RAINCODE"

Last edited:
lmao misspelled mystery in the title. any mod pls help. also pls change the thread title to the official localized name "Enigma Archives RAINCODE" thx.

Last edited:
I'm dowdfsdhjfwejrl;ksdjfjsdklgusdpfjsdkl'fjsdjgklsdsdjfsdopfkl;fsdio;vsdkl;gxckl;vkl;sdnsdhgjkdfngjlxcilvsdnklghsdfndklsdgfgiosdhklwefhiosdfhvsdhgkdhvuhfrkldhvudngkdh8vsdklhxogsdf;vpwefsdkvhsdjvgnk;sdvioweksdvhsdfnvjipsdfrosdjviosdhgwerojgfihft sdihv8isdhgsdfbgyrgjsdpjtroifwegsdihbdfbvo0[sdufweljvsdlgsdf;viprksdopvsdsdfjkgsjgfsdkdtkhggrebntkierjfkdgopsdgrant

Last edited:
From what I've read the project was in development at Spike Chunsoft from before he left. So, evidently they worked something out to continue collaborating on this title. Or maybe he'll just periodically still work with them. Uchikoshi is also working with Spike Chunsoft again for the Somnium Files sequel, after all.

Kodaka has so many concurrent projects going, it's kind of insane. There's also another mystery game he's co-directing with Uchikoshi and that baseball game TooKyo announced a while ago.

Top Bottom