• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Collection is releasing on PC on June 20th

winjer

Gold Member

UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Collection is reportedly releasing on PC on June 20th

Epic Games may have leaked the actual release date of this collection. According to a post, UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Collection will be coming to PC on June 20th.

As we can see below, Epic Games has listed the release date of UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Collection. From the looks of it, this isn’t a placeholder. This date is also close to the previous release date that Steam hinted at. As such, we can assume that the game will be indeed coming out on June 20th.

UNCHARTED-Epic-Games-Store-release-date.jpg

Still a couple of months to go. But for someone who waited 6 years, 2 months is nothing.

winjer

Gold Member
you waited 6 years to play this?
Couldn't you just get ps4 slim for 200$ and play all the exclusives 5 years ago?
No shame in that.

Anyway - I am replaying the remaster on ps5 now. looks great

I never bothered to buy the PS4. It was the first generation that I didn't buy the respective Playstation.
I just thought it had too much overlap with the my PC. So I bought a Nintendo Swith.

Now mind you, I wasn't waiting on Uncharted 4 to come to PC, for 6 years. Truth be told, I never thought it would come, until it was announced a few months back.

manfestival

I might consider picking it up to try the MP on PC. My favorite MP experience(of the series) was with UC2 though. I didn't play lost legacy though.

For people who keep asking. This pack does not include Uncharted 4's multiplayer. It only comes with it's single player campaign and the standalone DLC - The Lost Legacy.

yurinka

What a massive failure to not release the first 3 games on PC first, there's already a PS4 port.
Yes, it's weird to see they didn't release the Nathan Drake Collection first.

I assume the main reason is that it was more prioritary for them to release a PS5 version of these two games and monetize it, and that maybe they also thought these games weren't too old compared to the other ones. Since the games in the Nathan Drake collection were originally PS3 games maybe they are harder to port and tweak (to make the games more scalable for different PC settings, I assume since these games pushed the consoles to their limits may have a ton of custom weird low level wizardry), and maybe Sony thought that maybe it was too much to remaster them twice.

But seeing that Sony got very happy with the performance of their first PC ports I'm pretty sure that pretty likely the team porting this to PC (Iron Galaxy) will port the Nathan Drake Collection once they are done with this project, specially if Legacy of Thieves collection sells very well (I think it will be the case) on PC.

Last edited:
Yes, it's weird to see they didn't release the Nathan Drake Collection first.

I assume the main reason is that it was more prioritary for them to release a PS5 version of these two games and monetize it, and that maybe they also thought these games weren't too old compared to the other ones. Since the games in the Nathan Drake collection were originally PS3 games maybe they are harder to port and tweak, and maybe Sony thought that maybe it was too much to remaster them twice.

But seeing that Sony got very happy with the performance of their first PC ports I'm pretty sure that pretty likely the team porting this to PC (Iron Galaxy) will port the Nathan Drake Collection once they are done with this project, specially if Legacy of Thieves collection sells very well (I think it will be the case) on PC.
I guess that it's about Sony thinking the games are too old. They don't get it, so what if they are "old"? I bet that many people would still like to play them in the proper order on PC.

Playing Uncharted 4 first makes no sense to me.

Last edited:

yurinka

I guess that it's about Sony thinking the games are too old. They don't get it, so what if they are "old"? I bet that many people would still like to play them in the proper order on PC.

Playing Uncharted 4 first makes no sense to me.
Right now after we saw a 4 years old GoW becoming a great success on PC to port a 6 years old GOTY level game like Uncharted 4 seems a safe bet. Or even to port first collections with the first GoW and Uncharted games.

But a year or two ago if you told someone to port a 4 (GoW) or 6 (U4) years old game to PC they would have tell you that doesn't make sense because these things never worked. And even less a bundle of 15, 13 and 11 years old games (Nathan Drake Collection).

I think they now should be confident that makes sense to port or remaster GoW Saga (bundle with the first 5 games) and Nathan Drake Collection. Another option is that they consider that are too outdated and plan to remake all these games relatively soon, could have GoW 1 and Uncharted 1 remakes planned for the near future which would be followed by remakes of their sequels.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
If this June date is true. I expect 2 more Sony games to come in the back half for PC.

I don’t think Sony would plan an empty Q3/Q4 for rest of year. They are ramping up PC ports, so wouldn’t make sense to kill any momentum if UC is the last game till 2023.

Right now after we saw a 4 years old GoW becoming a great success on PC to port a 6 years old GOTY level game like Uncharted 4 seems a safe bet. Or even to port the original trilogies of GoW and Uncharted.

But a year or two ago if you told someone to port a 4 (GoW) or 6 (U4) years old game to PC they would have tell you that doesn't make sense because these things never worked. And even less a bundle of 15, 13 and 11 years old games (Nathan Drake Collection).
I never had any doubts that GoW would find an audience on PC and so would Uncharted 1-3, all you need is to price it right. If you are porting one you might as well port everything, specially when there was already a collection for the PS4.

Last edited:

yurinka

I never had any doubts that GoW would find an audience on PC and so would Uncharted 1-3, all you need is to price it right. If you are porting one you might as well port everything, specially when there was already a collection for the PS4.
I agree with you and I think it would make more sense to release them in order. I'm only trying to find the logic behind their actions, what made them to do it in that way.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I never bothered to buy the PS4. It was the first generation that I didn't buy the respective Playstation.
I just thought it had too much overlap with the my PC. So I bought a Nintendo Swith.

Now mind you, I wasn't waiting on Uncharted 4 to come to PC, for 6 years. Truth be told, I never thought it would come, until it was announced a few months back.

Same. I am already feasting without Sony's games on PC. Just completed Halo 2/3 (in MCC), Monkey Island 2, Thimbleweed Park and Sunset Overdrive earlier this month on Steam, and 50% into Scarlet Nexus now.

Gonna try to clear the rest of MCC games and Bravely Default II on Steam before this game releases. And then MH Rise Sunbreak update on 30th June.

I agree with you and I think it would make more sense to release them in order. I'm only trying to find the logic behind their actions, what made them to do it in that way.
I think you got the right explanation, Sony thinking Uncharted 4 was the safest option. I just question their choice of always doing what is safest, instead of doing what is reasonable.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
As for order of game releases or missing games, I remember someone said one time releasing the recent games makes most sense since they are modern.

Makes sense I guess.

Also many old games were PS3 era depending on the franchise so that’d be one of those can’t do it due to Cell.

But for any old ones that can be ported I don’t think archaic games would hurt the franchise on PC at all. Out of all platform gamers, PC gamers are the ones most willing to buy and play old games even going back to DOS and Windows 95 era games.

People aren’t dumb enough to think a PS2 oldie would mean a modern era game would be just as old school.

Last edited:

ACESHIGH

Banned
7th gen era games still look awesome on PC. And if not, the modding community will go the extra mile to improve the visuals

To me it's asinine that they are not releasing 1 through 3 on PC. Same case with the gears of war franchise. I played 1,4 and 5 and felt I missed a lot of the story.

yurinka

I think you got the right explanation, Sony thinking Uncharted 4 was the safest option. I just question their choice of always doing what is safest, instead of doing what is reasonable.
Well, they are companies who invest a lot of money on their projects, so they and their investors want to make sure they play it safe to ensure their projects become profitable, and the most profitable as possible.

Related to this, maybe they also considered that the original trilogy already was profitable enough and their job with them was done (until potential remakes), but maybe weren't happy enough with Lost Legacy sales, considered it had potential and tried to find some way to make it generate more revenue and profits (bundled with U4 in a PS5 and PC remaster).

Daytonabot

Banned
This is the PS5 for me, so I understand completely. I never played a non-VR PS4 game after Bloodborne and Uncharted 4, so why buy a PS5? The announcement of the Steam ports makes the decision look better and better.

Now the Steam Deck is threatening the Switch in the same way, since the Switch was my "third pillar", alongside PC and arcade (real, not that 1Up garbage).

Well, they are companies who invest a lot of money on their projects, so they and their investors want to make sure they play it safe to ensure their projects become profitable, and the most profitable as possible.

Related to this, maybe they also considered that the original trilogy already was profitable enough and their job with them was done (until potential remakes), but maybe weren't happy enough with Lost Legacy sales, considered it had potential and tried to find some way to make it generate more revenue and profits (bundled with U4 in a PS5 and PC remaster).
Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy were a lot more profitable than the original trilogy. Their calculations aren't based on making a profit or not, either release would make their money back, it's a matter of only doing what would be most profitable and not bothering with things that will make money but not enough money for them to care about it.

ACESHIGH

Banned
There were murmurs that MS were working on a Gears Collection now that MCC is all but done.

I would gladly take a Gears Marcus Fenix collection over a Gears 6 honestly. The franchise is a bit stale now and I am not a fan of the new characters.

T-Cake

I don't understand why somebody would spend time and effort doing that ^^ when it looks worse than the real version on PlayStation 4. Surely the idea of UE5 projects is to make a game look amazeballs.

winjer

Gold Member
I don't understand why somebody would spend time and effort doing that ^^ when it looks worse than the real version on PlayStation 4. Surely the idea of UE5 projects is to make a game look amazeballs.

Student projects to show what they mastered in a game engine.
And since they are students, still learning, rarely it is as good as professional level stuff.

ShaikhCroft

Today is June 20th and the store still showing "coming soon"!

Any update that I might have missed?

Is Spider-Man coming before this?

Top Bottom