• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection PC will include support for Playstation DualShock, ultrawide and other new features

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
https://blog.playstation.com/2022/09/15/uncharted-legacy-of-thieves-arrives-on-pc-october-19-2022/

• Reimagined UI for game options
  • reimagined user interfaces
  • Scale Slider
  • GPU & VRAM detection & management options
  • Auto Pause
  • Minimize in background
  • Variable Load Speed
  • Ultra-wide monitor support
  • 4K 60fps
  • Variable framerate
  • Graphical adjustment features such as
    • adjustable texture
    • model quality
    • anisotropic filtering
    • shadows
    • reflections
    • Ambient Occlusion
  • Support for controllers
    • DualSense (with haptic feedkback & dynamic effects)
    • DualShock controller
    • keyboard mouse
    • and other gamepads
  • RGB support for Razer Chrome peripherals & Chroma link devices, and Logitech & Corsair models
  • AMD Fidelity FX Super Resolution 2

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
So they are releasing a PC game?

I am truly shocked the game can detect the GPU in the PC, thats some black magic shit i aint never seen that.

Only FSR2, no DLSS?

Booo
DLSS is in.
Marketing deal with AMD most likely.
yPUDA98.jpg

Cryio

Hopefully both DLSS and FSR are separate DLLs so we can upgrade them both. Drop that sweet FSR 2.1.1 in there.

Filben

Hope the scale slider allow more than 100%. I'm always scratching my head when a game uses it only to scale down render resolution but leaves out the option for upscaling.

Good it's also supporting adaptive triggers and ultrawide screens and FSR2.

Hope they fixed the issues employed with the remaster.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I hope this is how AMD marketing deals are handled going forward. Support for both DLSS and FSR but just don’t mention DLSS support in your marketing materials. Still not buying this game tho.

sachos

Its so weird they start with the last games instead of the original trilogy. I bet this will do lower numbers that it could just because a lot of PC gamers are not familiar with the overall story. I guess you could argue it did not matter for GoW 2018 but that has a reboot feeling to it so i dont know if its the same.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Nice, can’t wait to own another PlayStation “exclusive” on PC

When’s Bloodborne and Demons Souls remake tbh
Should have played it in 2016 alongside bb. The technical showcase was amazing.
Tbh still is one of best looking games

Facism

Hope the scale slider allow more than 100%. I'm always scratching my head when a game uses it only to scale down render resolution but leaves out the option for upscaling.

Good it's also supporting adaptive triggers and ultrawide screens and FSR2.

Hope they fixed the issues employed with the remaster.

it's Iron Galaxy doing the PC port so expect all this and more. Maybe some dx12 hitching for good measure.

Hugare

"You can change texture quality!"
"Fast loading times"
"GPU and VRAM detection"

This shit is laughable. Better not to show any detail then. Showing basic stuff like this does more harm than good.

Iron Galaxy has done terrible port jobs in the past, and ND engine is heavy af, so hold onto your butts for this one

T-Cake

Not to be a gloom merchant but I can see this being another Horizon Zero Dawn and needing a bunch of patches after launch.

Midn1ght

Not to be a gloom merchant but I can see this being another Horizon Zero Dawn and needing a bunch of patches after launch.
My fear as well but I hope the extra months gave them a chance to polish things out and hopefully Naughty Dog gave them the thumb up. I can’t see ND allowing one of their game to release in a broken state.

Technical analyses are gonna be fun to watch for sure.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance

Recent VRR patch for PS5 has the native 4k mode running at what feels like ~50fps+, and 1440p mode comfortably in mid 80s. Will be curious to see PC benchmarks. But yowzers at that SSD req.

As far as I recall, Alex doesn't even have a VRR set so expect little to no apples to apples comparisons to the PS5's unlocked modes.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
As far as I recall, Alex doesn't even have a VRR set so expect little to no apples to apples comparisons to the PS5's unlocked modes.

Well then he should either team up with John for the comparison, or have John do it himself. He seemed rather surprised and skeptical that PS5 could run UC performance mode at such high framerate with VRR. I can do with less biased tech analysis from him

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Because they added 4k 60fps to the PC version? There's no 4K60fps option on PS5 for this.

It's a PC game, of course it will support 4k60 and hundreds of other resolution / framerate combinations. I find it funny that they need to mention it.

The port is so barebones that they list normal stuff like 4k support and fast loading....

How is this port "barebones" It supports all the newest reconstruction techniques, wide screen, DualSense, UI adapted for PC... What else do you expect? A waffle maker option?

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
Well then he should either team up with John for the comparison, or have John do it himself. He seemed rather surprised and skeptical that PS5 could run UC performance mode at such high framerate with VRR. I can do with less biased tech analysis from him
Where did he say that?

OZ9000

Banned
So they are releasing a PC game?

I am truly shocked the game can detect the GPU in the PC, thats some black magic shit i aint never seen that.

DLSS is in.
Marketing deal with AMD most likely.
yPUDA98.jpg
There seems to be a high presence of Sony Devs on Ree. Somewhat disappointing if I am honest as their games will clearly be influenced by their opinions.

I mean he’s already been exposed undermining settings cause he couldn’t figure out what a setting does im appreciative this forum unlike era is critical of him and frankly anyone

Latest DF Direct. Should be out soon today. It was in passing. John mentioned how performance mode goes well into mid 80s and he had a mildly shocked response while saying that it seemed high.
Hes the reason people think the ps5 uses low crowd density on the ps5 fidelity mode in Spider-Man cause in his own words “he couldn’t figure out what rhe setting does” he’s lost all credibility though for taking it as a personal offense when someone informs him he got a setting or resolution count wrong

Top Bottom