• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection Rated By ESRB For PS5 And PC

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Announced in September 2021, Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection has now been rated by the Entertainment Software Rating Board. (ESRB)

The collection was announced during this year’s PlayStation Showcase event. It includes the remastered version of both, Uncharted: A Theif’s End, and A Lost Legacy, for PlayStation 5, and PC.

For players on PC, the remasters will be available for purchase on Steam and Epic Games Store. The game was first rated earlier this month on November 4, 2021, by the Game Rating and Administration Committee (GRAC) in Korea.

Shortly after, the Australian Classification Board also rated the Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection on November 8, 2021, as reported by VGC.

Now, the title has finally been rated by the ESRB as well, suggesting that the release date announcement might be soon.

A.Romero

It will be announced at TGA, release 2022. First PS5 and PC second.

Great games.

I have a sealed copy of Lost Legacy waiting to be played but I think I'll wait to see the price for this collection. I'm interested in a remastered version for PC or PS5 (specially if they use Dual Sense's features).

T-Cake

I still am annoyed that they aren't bringing the original three to PC. Unless there are plans to do a new remaster of them with upgraded textures and resolution. That'd be nice. Sony really do not treat their exclusives well at all.

What is this about? They have promised a 60fps patch?
Nope, the game was originally targeting 60fps on PS4, ND management is on interview telling us how it's important to how the shooting feels... When only the base ps4 existed, the first in engine reveal was running at 60fps.

All we need is an unlocked mode like many other games. They should make new games. And the DLC sucks.

Godot25

Banned
Sooo.
Let me get this straight. Instead of "enhancement PS5 port" they will remove multiplayer and sell both games in one package? Without option of free upgrade?

rofif

Banned
I want to replay uc4 on ps5 about now but I am holding off since if 60fps patch drops, I don't want to just have had finished 30fps version :p
Strange I want to replay this since I already did in march... great game

Last edited:

Venom Snake

Gold Member
Better pucker up and loosen that asshole while biting down on a pillow cause "sonny" they be going in dry!
fd36pp.gif

Anime-Vix

If they not going to include multiplayer, I don't see the point in buying this if you're a current PS owner. Uncharted 2 and 3 multiplayer was so fun.
It sucks that the multiplayer in those games are gone forever.

Ellery

Really hoping they are offering upgrades to people that own those games.

Pretty great to see that PC players finally get to bathe in the glory that are modern day Naughty Dog games. Two of the best games of the last generation and the controls are probably going to feel amazing with Mouse and Keyboard in high res and fps on PC. Graphically they are still better than most of 2021 games and Playstation exclusive games releasing on Steam so far seems like a huge success story.

Win win situation for everyone. Great games coming to PC a few years after they released on Playstation. More money to develop new entries in those games for PS5 and then they will probably eventually release the PS5 games on PC as well I'd imagine.

What a stupid release without the original trilogy.
The original trilogy defined the resurgence of the Sony brand and will probably stay exclusive. Too much work for a game that served its purpose and would tarnish its legacy if it's not well received. Look at the GTA trilogy for reference.
If they not going to include multiplayer, I don't see the point in buying this if you're a current PS owner. Uncharted 2 and 3 multiplayer was so fun.
It sucks that the multiplayer in those games are gone forever.
This franchise wasnt built on relying on having a multiplayer component, but why wouldn't it have multiplayer anyway, when multiplayer still exist on ps4?

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
If Sony is charging us previous owners of these games more than $10 for this than they are s worse company than I imagined.

What are you talking about? This is a collection just like many collections before it. Mass Effect Legendary Edition and Master Chief Collection come to mind. Why are you thinking "previous owners" will get a discount or some special deal?

My bet is a 40 bucks game with no upgrade.

Upgrade for what? This is being released on PS5.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
The free PS+ version is not 60FPS, correct?

That's sadly enough to get me to buy this. Those bastards didn't get me for Ghost of Tsushima though.

If Sony continues what they have been doing then you'l probably get a 60fps patch for free. The PS4 version Ghost of Tsushima runs at 60fps on PS5 so how would they have gotten you?

Last edited:

Bramble

For all the upgrade people: no. This will be a native PS5 all and a completely different SKU. You will just have to buy it if you want it, or just play the PS4 version. Perhaps they’ll patch that one to 60fps if the PS5 version has some noteworthy upgrades, but don’t count on it.

Price will be 30/40 is my guess.

IFireflyl

Gold Member
This isn't really news, but cool.

a report of recent events

a report of a recent event; intelligence; information

News is information about current events. This may be provided through many different media: word of mouth, printing, postal systems, broadcasting, electronic communication, or through the testimony of observers and witnesses to events.

I'm not sure where you're from, friend, but this definitely qualifies as news.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I guess if you've never played these then this could be a good way to experience them. if you have played them then probably no need to get this unless you're just a huge fan of these games.

RoadHazard

Gold Member

I'm not sure where you're from, friend, but this definitely qualifies as news.

I mean we already knew it's coming.

If Sony continues what they have been doing then you'l probably get a 60fps patch for free. The PS4 version Ghost of Tsushima runs at 60fps on PS5 so how would they have gotten you?
What I mean is, I would have bought the PS5 version if they didn't give the PS4 version a 60FPS patch on PS5. The PS4 version was $20 at the time.

Alas, this doesn't look like the case going forward. Uncharted isn't 60.

Topher

Gold Member
What I mean is, I would have bought the PS5 version if they didn't give the PS4 version a 60FPS patch on PS5. The PS4 version was $20 at the time.

Ah.....ok.

Alas, this doesn't look like the case going forward. Uncharted isn't 60.

Not right now, but hopefully it will be. If nothing else it is good PR to do a system frame rate boost for PS5. Frankly, Sony should have already done this for the majority of their first party games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom