• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection Rated By ESRB For PS5 And PC

T0minator

Frankly, Sony should have already done this for the majority of their first party games.
Well, they have

The Last of Us 2 @ 60fps
Days Gone @ 60fps
Horizon Zero Dawn @ 60fps
Ghost of Tsushima @ 60fps
God of War @ 60fps
Gran Turismo Sport @ 60fps
Infamous Second @ 60fps
Ratchet and Clank @ 60fps
Until Dawn @ 60fps
Killzone Shadow Fall @ 60fps
Knack @ 60fps

All free frame rate boosts on PS5.

I think the only one left was Uncharted 4. But they're upgrading more than just the frame rate and resolution with the PS5 and PC ports. They're remastering hopefully some ray tracing and other next gen features ..no loading and dual sense as well

Last edited:

ACESHIGH

Banned
I think that the OG trilogy will get to PC down the line. But they seem to be focused in U4 Drake and his brother to tie the game to the movie. No mention of his brother on the OG trilogy.

Hopefully after Sony is done with porting all the heavy hitters and they become a solid PC publisher, they start to dig in their backcatalog to port legacy or niche titles. PS gamers would also benefit. Anything to free those games from the clusterfuck that was the PS3.

Topher

Gold Member
Well, they have

The Last of Us 2 @ 60fps
Days Gone @ 60fps
God of War @ 60fps
Infamous Second @ 60fps
Until Dawn @ 60fps

That list is worthless without Knack 2.

I think the only one left was Uncharted 4. But they're upgrading more than just the frame rate and resolution with the PS5 and PC ports. They're remastering hopefully some ray tracing and other next gen features ..no loading and dual sense as well

Everyone, especially kyliethicc kyliethicc , is looking at that list and asking the same question. Where the hell is Knack 2?

Seriously though.....that is more than I realized.

Mattyp

Gold Member
The was already done as a re-release on the PS4 surely they can just patch that version to 4K60.

T0minator

Everyone, especially kyliethicc kyliethicc , is looking at that list and asking the same question. Where the hell is Knack 2?

Seriously though.....that is more than I realized.
Lol yea seriously there's a good amount of boosted PS4 games .. I'm ashamed to say I've never played Knack 😢🤣 but my twin brothers sons first game he ever played was Knack so there's some history in my family with Knack lol 🙌🏼

Alphagear

Why isn't Sony releasing the first 3 Uncharted games for PC.

Ah I get it, You want to play those get a Playstation console.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I wouldn’t worry. There will probably be a native upgrade for PS4 owners. It might be 5 or 10 like death stranding or free like ff7

kyliethicc

Yep.
Uncharted could have been my first Sony game, but my interest completely vanished when I learned that I can only have part 4.
The Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection was given away to everyone for free.

You could have already played Uncharted 1, Uncharted 2, and Uncharted 3 for free.

KAL2006

Banned
Seems a bit scummy to not unlock framerate for PS4 version. I don't mind if they sold another native version similar to Ghost of Tsushima while unlocking frame rate on old version.

kyliethicc

1, 2 and 3 are unportable because of cell probably.
They were ported to PS4 in 2015.

They're all playable on PS4 & PS5 at 60 FPS.

BTW who is doing the PC port, Nixxess?
Iron Galaxy.

That's God of War, not Uncharted.

Last edited:
DF pixel counted the trailer. Same as PS4 Pro.

Its literally just PS4 version at 60 FPS.
I know that. A pixel count based on a trailer is bullshit. The Uncharted 4 teaser was also in 60fps but the final release was 30fps.

If the final release is really 1440p and not 4k I'm not interested.

If Sony is charging us previous owners of these games more than $10 for this than they are s worse company than I imagined.
They never released this collection on PS4 though?

They could somehow offer the games separately and charge to upgrade each one for 10$. But I have a feeling they are not going to be offered separately.

Notabueno

Banned
Sony has two roles. First party platform owner on console. Publisher on PC. They can do both. Everybody wins.

They can't do both from a mid-long term strategy POV. When they lost all the leadership that made the late PS3 and early-mid PS4 gen successes, they clearly changed their strategy probably by adopting an over-zealous pessimistic "streaming" future approach but also clearly wanting to press more short-term profit juice out of multi-platform software.

Whether we talk about hardware platform (which is holy the grail of strategic positioning for digital markets) or digital platforms (which is the second grail as Steam, Epic, Apple's store or Google's stores are indicative of), they're losing a huge chunk of users who would only get a PS5 (with or instead of a pc) for it's exclusives, but also threatening the main key valuation for gaming digital platforms for the future (local or streaming) which is also exclusives.

Topher

Gold Member
They can't do both from a mid-long term strategy POV. When they lost all the leadership that made the late PS3 and early-mid PS4 gen successes, they clearly changed their strategy probably by adopting an over-zealous pessimistic "streaming" future approach but also clearly wanting to press more short-term profit juice out of multi-platform software.

Whether we talk about hardware platform (which is holy the grail of strategic positioning for digital markets) or digital platforms (which is the second grail as Steam, Epic, Apple's store or Google's stores are indicative of), they're losing a huge chunk of users who would only get a PS5 (with or instead of a pc) for it's exclusives, but also threatening the main key valuation for gaming digital platforms for the future (local or streaming) which is also exclusives.

Console gamers are not suddenly going to become PC gamers because some games will eventually be on PC at some point. Even if Sony first party games come to PC day one then for most console gamers they are not going to replace their living room, big TV, $500 console experience for a desktop PC which will cost twice as much for an entry level. I just don't think that transition will be attractive for the vast majority of console gamers at all. But I doubt seriously Sony will ever adopt a day one PC strategy as second releases at a later date seem to be working well for them and keeping day one on consoles adds value to their platform.

DeepSpace5D

Well, they have

The Last of Us 2 @ 60fps
Days Gone @ 60fps
God of War @ 60fps
Infamous Second @ 60fps
Until Dawn @ 60fps

Killzone: Shadow Fall I believe can be added to this list as well. Runs at 60fps on PS5.

Bryank75

Banned
Don't like it? Then don't buy it. Maybe we need an
"I'm entitled" emoji.

At this stage the entitlement is on the corporate side... they want it every way. They want to sell the games on launch for 80 euro and 70 dollars, they want to put on PC where they don't charge for online and they want to sell it there for about 50 euro. They want to charge console users for upgrading a game they already own, while PC suffers from none of that nonsense.

They have turned PlayStation from something that offered a lot of unique and interesting experiences, things that you could not get anywhere else.... into a place where they exploit the users, overcharge and offer less and less. No diversity anymore, no japanese games, dominated by a puritanical culture that lose it if there is a cartoon nipple or animated underwear butt-crease in a game....

Corporate culture at PlayStation now is disgusting... they have destroyed the company.

saintjules

It's been recently discovered that the Collection could be releasing on May 4th instead. Grain of salt as the quote states.

Wouldn't be too surprised by this. Seems Sony likes to put the sequels to games, remasters, etc. on the same month that reflects the date of an original title (ie. Horizon released Feb. 2017 - sequel Feb. 2022).

Big grain of salt incoming, but Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection might be releasing on May 4th on PS5.
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/uncharted-legacy-of-thieves-collection/
The html file of this page has a release date time stamp corresponding with May 4th 2022.
This is later than expected and would presumably mean the remaster collection has been delayed from its early 2022 launch, but this might just be a completely random placeholder given May 4th is a Wednesday.

Last edited:

KAL2006

Banned
It's been recently discovered that the Collection could be releasing on May 4th

I assumed it would release in February which is the same time the movie comes out, May is further out than I expected for such a simple port, it's strange to announce a basic port like this so early on if it's actually releasing in May

kyliethicc

It's been recently discovered that the Collection could be releasing on May 4th instead. Grain of salt as the quote states.

Wouldn't be too surprised by this. Seems Sony likes to put the sequels to games, remasters, etc. on the same month that reflects the date of an original title (ie. Horizon released Feb. 2017 - sequel Feb. 2022).

Same thing done on the GoW Ragnarok page says its coming out in January 2022 (which is not true.)

Fake dates.

skit_data

If this is a full priced release on ps5 dear lord
If they provide us with a upgrade path I’d get it. If its considered a separate release I’ll just skip it. I’ve already bought both games (Uncharted 4 I have bought 2 times, because I’m lazy and prefer not having to swap discs).

Last edited:
Top Bottom