• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted PS5 remasters will let players transfer their PS4 save data and trophies

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.videogameschronicle.com...rs-transfer-their-ps4-save-data-and-trophies/

Owners of PS4 disc copies must insert them into the PS5 every time they want to download or play the PS5 digital versions. PS4 game disc owners who buy the PS5 Digital Edition disc-free console will not be able to get the PS5 version for the discounted price. PlayStation Plus members who claimed UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End via their PlayStation Plus subscription are not eligible for the digital PS5 upgrade.

Hw0e8o.jpg

assurdum

Banned
Source: https://www.videogameschronicle.com...rs-transfer-their-ps4-save-data-and-trophies/

Owners of PS4 disc copies must insert them into the PS5 every time they want to download or play the PS5 digital versions. PS4 game disc owners who buy the PS5 Digital Edition disc-free console will not be able to get the PS5 version for the discounted price. PlayStation Plus members who claimed UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End via their PlayStation Plus subscription are not eligible for the digital PS5 upgrade.

Hw0e8o.jpg
Wait a second, there is an upgrade patch for who bought the game digitally when was launched or not.

Last edited:

dDoc

Wait a second, there is an upgrade patch for who bought the game digitally when was launched or not.
This is what I would like to know as well. Is there an upgrade path for the digital version?

Digital is the future some say eh, hah

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I will just start from new game...
by the way - what if I own uc4 on disc and LL on PSN ?
Can I redeem fully digital uc4 without putting the disc in ?!

Is there an upgrade path? So fucking obscure this shit.
If by obscure you mean it has multiple tweets all over multiple Playstation accounts + PS blog + PS store then yes...it's obscure.

Playstation website

Article about this from december

Basically every since we can pre-order this game they've been mentioning the upgrade path. It's not like they are trying to hide it.

Shmunter

Why highlighting this part? It's common sense you cannot upgrade the Disc version of a game if you have a discless console...
Beside that, the terminology used requires multiple read throughs to understand. This is Xbox naming convention levels of written cacophony

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
then I cannot justify even $0.01 fee, updates like that drop on xbox out of thin air and are free of charge.
On playstation too... just with some exceptions like this. All we know so far:
-4k30, 1440p60, 1080p120 modes
-Dualsense fully featured with whole game mapped to it's haptics
-3D audio fully featured
-Loading and stuff also.
They also had to presumably rerender transition cinematics or move them to real time. Some very small transition cinematics were in fact videos. So there is some work involved with this port

Guess I missed it.
I mean, not saying you're entirely wrong though. You can't pre-order this upgrade and they only mention that inside the store if you read the entire description of the game.

If you're not really into what's going on, you can easily buy the full collection without knowing about the upgrade path. But that's current Sony for you. They have barely announced that Forbidden West on PS4 has a free upgrade path for the PS5 as well. I'm sure a lot of people out there are paying 100 more for the PS5 version when they could just buy it for the PS4 and have the same game.

GasTheWeebs

Banned
Would be nice to have something like...
...smart delivery

I can't wrap my head around a fact that multi billion dollar business can't develop a solution that would transfer a save files while not requiring an input from a user. That shit sounds so basic, yet Sony seem to unable to do it.
you need a PS ++ subscription to unlock that feature

Last edited:

yurinka

Is there an upgrade path? So fucking obscure this shit.
I will just start from new game...
by the way - what if I own uc4 on disc and LL on PSN ?
Can I redeem fully digital uc4 without putting the disc in ?!
This is what I would like to know as well. Is there an upgrade path for the digital version?

Digital is the future some say eh, hah
Oh yes, now the game has a much better value and is definetely not a cash grab anymore. /S

:pie_eyeroll:

Yes, you can upgrade the both disc and digital purchased versions of the games, or from their PS4 digital bundle. You bought a PS4 native game (on disc or on digital, playable on PS5 via BC) and for $10 they give you the option to upgrade it two games on their PS5 native remastered version. But obviously disc games can't be played on discless console SKUs.

You only need one of the games to upgrade to the get the full collection, don't need to own both games to upgrade.

But if what you are upgrading is a disc version of the game, you will continue needing to insert that disc to play that game on PS5, so you can't upgrade anda play a disc version of a game on a PS5 SKU that doesn't disc drive. They'll give you the other game on digital.

But remember, you don't need to own both games to upgrade and get the full collection, and you can upgrade both from digital and disc copies. So in the case that you have one of the games on disc version (let's say U4) and the other one in digital (let's say LL), you can upgrade from the one you have on digital version (LL) and get the full remastered collection in digital, playable on both PS5 SKUs.

But let's say that for that same case you have a PS5 with disc drive and don't care about inserting the U4 disc to play/want to inserting the game each time you play: in this case upgrade from the game you have on disc, they will give you the other game too as digital copy.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/uncharted-legacy-of-thieves-collection/

TLDR: For $10 you can upgrade and get the full PS5 collection having only one of the PS4 games in digital or in disc (or their PS4 digital bundle). But if you upgrade from a disc version, it will continue asking you to insert that disc to play that game and will give you the other one as digital download. So obviously you can't upgrade and play a disc version in the PS5 SKU that doesn't have a disc drive.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Why cant these idiots import the PS4 save file from cloud?

They already have an option to import the PS4 save file. Just pull from the cloud instead of where the hell they are storing the PS4 save when you export it. This is so ridiculous lol

sainraja

If by obscure you mean it has multiple tweets all over multiple Playstation accounts + PS blog + PS store then yes...it's obscure.

Playstation website

Article about this from december

Basically every since we can pre-order this game they've been mentioning the upgrade path. It's not like they are trying to hide it.

Sure, I think they could have made the upgrade option available since the pre-orders went up — it's a silly thing to hold it till launch. I am guessing it's a technical thing on their side.

Why cant these idiots import the PS4 save file from cloud?

They already have an option to import the PS4 save file. Just pull from the cloud instead of where the hell they are storing the PS4 save when you export it. This is so ridiculous lol
Yeah, agreed but at-least we don't have to install the PS4 version anymore lol.

Last edited:

Vick

Gold Member
On playstation too... just with some exceptions like this. All we know so far:
-4k30, 1440p60, 1080p120 modes
-Dualsense fully featured with whole game mapped to it's haptics
-3D audio fully featured
-Loading and stuff also.
They also had to presumably rerender transition cinematics or move them to real time. Some very small transition cinematics were in fact videos. So there is some work involved with this port
Apparently there are also some visual differences on models, minor draw distance upgrades, much better texture filtering and different alpha effects on water:

At the moment, this looks like the kind of remaster a game like this required, and i'm extremely glad they haven't messed with tone mapping/color grading in any way as it was simply perfect before and any kind of manipulation would have resulted in an inevitable downgrade. Bodes well for the future PC port.

P.S. Super curious to see if they fixed the "shadows on water" on Chapter 17 and replaced them with their Chapter 10 volumetric shadows on water tech.. after all, improving some selected shadows was really the only real thing they had to.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
"PlayStation Plus members who claimed UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End via their PlayStation Plus subscription are not eligible for the digital PS5 upgrade."

What if I own the physical PS4 version but also redeemed the PS+ Collection version?

Shmunter

"PlayStation Plus members who claimed UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End via their PlayStation Plus subscription are not eligible for the digital PS5 upgrade."

What if I own the physical PS4 version but also redeemed the PS+ Collection version?
Lol, another Ff7 remake situation potentially

yurinka

Can we just release Uncharted 5, I'm sure there's an audience for this but you know what Uncharted 5 will bring more happiness.
For sure, this is just to make some extra cash with PC port+PS5 improvements+movie. I expect them to do the same with the Nathan Drake collection sooner or later, but other than that they don't have more Uncharted stuff to milk so they'll have to move to Uncharted 5 or to an another spin-off.

They are also busy with the remaining TLOU stuff: remake+ pretty likely PS5 version (probably both bundled as a Director's Cut, which may be ported to PC too) plus the MP game resulting from TLOU2 Factions becoming too huge. I expect them to release all this TLOU stuff later this year or early next one, just before the release of the TLOU tv show.

Then they will be free for other projects, and I assume the Nathan Drake collection will be ported/remastered too PC/PS5 by someone else, not ND. Sony has been growing all their teams and will continue growing them, to make their teams work in more games at the same time. So I assume that ND will start working on two or three big games at the same time.

I asume the next ND projects will be a new IP, Uncharted 5 and TLOU3 (who knows in which order).

If ND doesn't work anymore on Uncharted (it's what they said when completing U4/ Lost Legacy, but recently backpedaled and said when both ND studio directors were interviewed), then other team must take Uncharted 5. Probably Bend, but I'd prefer an Uncharted game made by Sony Santa Monica. If lucky, Uncharted may be better away from ND with someone else free of that crazyess of hating white male protagonists so could keep Nate as main character (and don't kill/retire him).

Last edited:

yurinka

Lol, another Ff7 remake situation potentially
It says you can upgrade your physical version but will continue asking you to insert the game to play. So if your PS5 has disc drive you can upgrade from the disc version and play both PS5 games there.

If you had U4 in disc and let's say LL on digital, upgrade from LL digital and you'll get both games on digital, no disc needed and will run on both PS5 SKUs.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
For sure, this is just to make some extra cash with PC port+PS5 improvements+movie. I expect them to do the same with the Nathan Drake collection sooner or later, but other than that they don't have more Uncharted stuff to milk so they'll have to move to Uncharted 5 or to an another spin-off.

They are also busy with the remaining TLOU stuff: remake+ pretty likely PS5 version (probably both bundled as a Director's Cut, which may be ported to PC too) plus the MP game resulting from TLOU2 Factions becoming too huge. I expect them to release all this TLOU stuff later this year or early next one, just before the release of the TLOU tv show.

Then they will be free for other projects, and I assume the Nathan Drake collection will be ported/remastered too PC/PS5 by someone else, not ND. Sony has been growing all their teams and will continue growing them, to make their teams work in more games at the same time. So I assume that ND will start working on two or three big games at the same time.

I asume the next ND projects will be a new IP, Uncharted 5 and TLOU3 (who knows in which order).

If ND doesn't work anymore on Uncharted (it's what they said when completing U4/ Lost Legacy, but recently backpedaled and said when both ND studio directors were interviewed), then other team must take Uncharted 5. Probably Bend, but I'd prefer an Uncharted game made by Sony Santa Monica. If lucky, Uncharted may be better away from ND with someone else free of that crazyess of hating white male protagonists so could keep Nate as main character (and don't kill/retire him).
nathan fillion castle GIF

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
Like i kinda wanna upgrade but also it doesn't seem worth it specially because theres no dynamic 4k 60 mode and the game also already looks really good hmm

RoadHazard

Gold Member
It says you can upgrade your physical version but will continue asking you to insert the game to play. So if your PS5 has disc drive you can upgrade from the disc version and play both PS5 games there.

If you had U4 in disc and let's say LL on digital, upgrade from LL digital and you'll get both games on digital, no disc needed and will run on both PS5 SKUs.

That's not what that actually says though. It says that if you have claimed the PS+ version you can't get the upgrade. Maybe they mean you can't upgrade THAT VERSION, but that's not what it says.

TonyK

I will pay the 10€ because I want to replay them at 60fps, but man, how piss me off they call this "remaster".

yurinka

That's not what that actually says though. It says that if you have claimed the PS+ version you can't get the upgrade. Maybe they mean you can't upgrade THAT VERSION, but that's not what it says.
They say that you can upgrade the purchased disc, digital or PS4 digital bundle versions, and that you can't upgrade the PS+ version.
So if you have the disc version and also got the PS+ version, you can upgrade the disc version. In the worst case, you'd need to do it using a different user than the PS+ one, but I highly doubt it would be the case.

Top Bottom