• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted PS5 remasters will let players transfer their PS4 save data and trophies

RoadHazard

Gold Member
They say that you can upgrade the purchased disc, digital or PS4 digital bundle versions, and that you can't upgrade the PS+ version.
So if you have the disc version and also got the PS+ version, you can upgrade the disc version. In the worst case, you'd need to do it using a different user than the PS+ one, but I highly doubt it would be the case.

Yeah, that's probably the case, I'm just pointing out that's not what it says if you take that sentence literally. It says that if you have claimed the PS+ version you're not eligible for the upgrade. That's it. Not "of that specific version".

ZywyPL

Banned
Reviews tomorrow

LMAO like what's there to review? It's basically a lazy port with nothing but a resolution/FPS bump, it's the exact same games, so obviously (?) the reviews and their scores should be identical with the ones the original PS4 titles got. Well maybe minus the lack of MP, I can see reviewers complaining about that part, but other than, literally nothing changed, it's not a DC with additional content.

Shakka43

Two easy platinums for me right there.

Pretty barebones ports, but I'm honestly looking forward to play them at 60fps.

kyliethicc

LMAO like what's there to review? It's basically a lazy port with nothing but a resolution/FPS bump, it's the exact same games, so obviously (?) the reviews and their scores should be identical with the ones the original PS4 titles got. Well maybe minus the lack of MP, I can see reviewers complaining about that part, but other than, literally nothing changed, it's not a DC with additional content.
Same reason God of War PC port with no new content got reviewed. Exact same game, just resolution/FPS bump.

Reviews are for consumer buying advice.

ZywyPL

Banned
Same reason God of War PC port with no new content got reviewed. Exact same game, just resolution/FPS bump.

Reviews are for consumer buying advice.

I'd agree if it wasn't for the questionable quality of the ports the PC often gets - bugs, glitches, crashes, freezes, framepacing issues, the settings menu and all the options available there, the performance on various configs, there's just so much more to PC gaming compared to consoles where you just put the disc in and it just works.

The PS5 version will easily be free of any complains, it's a given, but on PC even just not being able to turn off DoF or motion blur gets heavily criticized, and if there's va hardcoded FPS cap then a game will be eaten alive.

DJ12

This is great news, I can give up at the same point I did on my PS4 playthrough with zero effort.

Seriously though, probs give this another chance and complete it, be rude not to for a tenner.

skneogaf

I think a good idea is to set up a way to send your discs to an address that will return a digital code. I have the uncharted collection, number 4 and the women dlc thing but I'd prefer them on digital now as I plan on paying upgrade charge.

Wait a second, there is an upgrade patch for who bought the game digitally when was launched or not.
That will be $15 aud thank you jimmy…..for a framerate boost

Oh and don’t think you can get it if you were silly enough to add in from the ps collection or when it was a ps+ game as we will block you from doing so

I own the digital day one on my second account.
I own the PS+ version on my main account.
I own the PS4 Disc of The Lost Legacy.

im set.

This is probably the laziest cash grab Sony have inflicted upon PlayStation users

Considering most people got the game free via ps+ or through the PlayStation collection when you got a ps5 locking out your users from upgrading unless they pay the full price of the game that’s a pretty big
NOty1Pm.jpg

Last edited:

Tschumi

Does this include the Nathan Drake collection? I'm playing through them in order and I'm not up to 4 yet (i played a chunk of 4 and decided it was so good i had to go back to the start, 1 was boring but 2 is great)

Mr Moose

Does this include the Nathan Drake collection? I'm playing through them in order and I'm not up to 4 yet (i played a chunk of 4 and decided it was so good i had to go back to the start, 1 was boring but 2 is great)
Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy.
This is probably the laziest cash grab Sony have inflicted upon PlayStation users

Considering most people got the game free via ps+ or through the PlayStation collection when you got a ps5 locking out your users from upgrading unless they pay the full price of the game that’s a pretty big
NOty1Pm.jpg
It's $10. You don't own PS+ games, if they did the upgrade deal with it ($10) you'd stop owning it when your sub ends.

Players who purchased Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, or Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End & Uncharted: The Lost Legacy Digital Bundle have the option to pay $10/€10 to upgrade to Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Digital Version. The upgrade will be available starting at launch on January 28, 2022.

Owners of PS4 disc copies must insert them into the PS5 every time they want to download or play the PS5 digital versions. PS4 game disc owners who buy the PS5 Digital Edition disc-free console will not be able to get the PS5 version for the discounted price.

PlayStation Plus members who claimed Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End via their PlayStation Plus subscription are not eligible for the $10/€10 digital PS5 upgrade.

Please note that the multiplayer mode included in Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End and Uncharted: The Lost Legacy will not be a part of this new collection.

Last edited:

Kerotan

Surely people would want new trophies for the game replaying it and not the same ones transfers across
Well the way I look at it I'll be getting two platinums in return for a single playthrough of these both. So basically like a telltale game.

Wait for the reviews. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
That’s depends on what counts as a surprise. Reviewers will act surprised by the littlest things to get clicks.

I’m assuming we’re going to get what Sony advertised, which may not have been as detailed technically speaking.

Just play 1 through 3 if you haven’t played any uncharted games this is a joke of a collection… leftovers from when naughty dog was decent.

4 is ok, had some genuinely good parts but druck really messed it up vs. Hennig’s original and lost legacy is just trash.

RPS37

NOty1Pm.jpg
I don’t even know if I paid money for U4 or got it for free, so we’ll see if I have to pay for Full for this sandwich or just a slight fee.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Just play 1 through 3 if you haven’t played any uncharted games this is a joke of a collection… leftovers from when naughty dog was decent.

4 is ok, had some genuinely good parts but druck really messed it up vs. Hennig’s original and lost legacy is just trash.
I replayed all last year... uc4 is so far superior in every aspect.
I don't understand Hennig praise. Her stories in 1-3 are trash. Zombies, yetis... I love these games but no no. uc4 is peak

I replayed all last year... uc4 is so far superior in every aspect.
I don't understand Hennig praise. Her stories in 1-3 are trash. Zombies, yetis... I love these games but no no. uc4 is peak
She also wrote most of uc4 and druck just tweaked it. The main change was drake’s brother which was a villain originally. She was the main force behind uncharted’s game design and flow as far as I know. Druck the fuck sneakily got rid of her. Talk about a bigot sandwich amirite.

Anyways let’s not be silly and praise uc4 as a good story. It shares the same action b movie foundation but tries to be more serious and ends up being more cringe.

Story aside, the pacing is better in uc2 which is the real peak. Uc3 is actually really fun as well minus the cinematic walking in that fucking desert. I mean, they all have cinematic walking but that was just taking the piss. In general I just had more fun in uc3.

I do like uncharted 4 as far as the gameplay but it would have been better under Hennig and with none of the cringe. I do like the more serious tone in 4 at times but at other times it breaks my immersion by being a cringe fest, brought to you by the Druck. Could have been the best Uncharted… oh well.

boomcrab

The real crime here is the lack of another separate trophy list. The Nathan Drake collection had their own, why cant this?! I want two platinums per game, baby!

She also wrote most of uc4 and druck just tweaked it. The main change was drake’s brother which was a villain originally. She was the main force behind uncharted’s game design and flow as far as I know. Druck the fuck sneakily got rid of her. Talk about a bigot sandwich amirite.

Anyways let’s not be silly and praise uc4 as a good story. It shares the same action b movie foundation but tries to be more serious and ends up being more cringe.

Story aside, the pacing is better in uc2 which is the real peak. Uc3 is actually really fun as well minus the cinematic walking in that fucking desert. I mean, they all have cinematic walking but that was just taking the piss. In general I just had more fun in uc3.

I do like uncharted 4 as far as the gameplay but it would have been better under Hennig and with none of the cringe. I do like the more serious tone in 4 at times but at other times it breaks my immersion by being a cringe fest, brought to you by the Druck. Could have been the best Uncharted… oh well.
It's quite possible that Hennig's UC4 wasn't as great as the rest of the ones she was behind. Guess we'll never know for sure.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

Really? Druck te fuck?
For all I can see, he saved that game. This is confirmed by how good tlou2 is

Just_one

so lets see if i understood this correctly.

If i upgrade from PS4 to PS5 the moment i start a game , the trophies will pop up automatically? (in this case the 2 platinums?)

SkylineRKR

Would be nice to have something like...
...smart delivery

I can't wrap my head around a fact that multi billion dollar business can't develop a solution that would transfer a save files while not requiring an input from a user. That shit sounds so basic, yet Sony seem to unable to do it.

Using both Xbox and PS, yeah Smart Delivery is superior. Just download the X|S version or it auto updates, and go.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Nice. Although they feel pretty bare bones as far as technical features.

Other PS4 “Remasters” have gone well above and beyond this. Like Spider-Man, or he’ll, Metro Exodus Enhanced did incredible work.

Also. Still salty it doesn’t include the Nathan Drake Collection. As that was a very good set of remasters that bizarrely never got a PS4 Pro patch and are stuck in 1080p.

Stooky

That’s depends on what counts as a surprise. Reviewers will act surprised by the littlest things to get clicks.

I’m assuming we’re going to get what Sony advertised, which may not have been as detailed technically speaking.
Sony hasn't released all the details. More under the hood techy stuff. DF review will probably go into it more.

Top Bottom