• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unoptimized For Xbox Series X|S or PS5 - Remasters Wish Thread

I booted up Sunset Overdrive on my Xbox Series X thinking about the closest game to Ratchet & Clank i can play on Xbox since my PS5 is now not working. Long story short i had a melted PS5 from the inside out. Anyways, fun game, but i realized that it’s 900p 30fps. it would be much more enjoyable at 4K 60. Anyways, My Laptop can not run Sunset Overdrive better than a Xbox One, so me playing the personal computer version is not an option and i like my achievements and trophies better…so this thread is dedicated to venting about wanting older games to become optimized for current generational consoles. I’ll rather that or a low priced remaster of the games… talking $20. We seen Ubisoft do it with Assassin’s Creed Origins for free and Capcom for Resident Evil for these current generational consoles and we’re seeing remasters of old games like Destroy All Humans &Pac-Man World , but what about games I want! And what about the xbox one ps4 games! Post the games you want to! My top 5 games not in any ranking are

Unoptimized
Sunset Overdrive
Shadow of Mordor
Ryse Son of Rome
Dead Rising 3
Mafia 3

In need of a remake
Hulk Ultimate Destruction
Ratchet & Clank (All of them)
Spider-Man Web of Shadows
Ultimate Spider-Man
The Simpsons Hit & Run

Edit (more games)
Monster Hunter World
Need For Speed Heat
Quantum Break
Uncharted Collection
Dragonball Z Kakarot

Last edited:
Been really itching to replay GTAIV and Red Dead Redemption 2 on PS5 at 60fps - but alas, no updates or remasters in sight.

And yeah, Bloodborne the thread.

Last edited:

Apocryphon

Arkham Knight would be like a whole new game on console with a simple FPS/Res increase patch, no need to even remaster any assets.
Yeah it's still one of the most visually impressive games available today. 4K60 would be quite fantastic improvement for the console version. It reminds me of RE4 and Chaos Theory for GameCube and Xbox respectively.. in that they were released at the end of the generation and represented the peak technological achievements on their respective platforms at the time. Arkham Knight is one of those types of game and it's a shame it's locked to 1080p30.

I booted up Sunset Overdrive on my Xbox Series X thinking about the closest game to Ratchet & Clank i can play on Xbox since my PS5 is now not working. Long story short i had a melted PS5 from the inside out. Anyways, fun game, but i realized that it’s 900p 30fps. it would be much more enjoyable at 4K 60. Anyways, My Laptop can not run Sunset Overdrive better than a Xbox One, so me playing the personal computer version is not an option and i like my achievements and trophies better…so this thread is dedicated to venting about wanting older games to become optimized for current generational consoles. I’ll rather that or a low priced remaster of the games… talking $20. We seen Ubisoft do it with Assassin’s Creed Origins for free and Capcom for Resident Evil for these current generational consoles and we’re seeing remasters of old games like Destroy All Humans &Pac-Man World , but what about games I want! And what about the xbox one ps4 games! Post the games you want to! My top 5 games not in any ranking are

Unoptimized
Sunset Overdrive
Shadow of Mordor
Ryse Son of Rome
Dead Rising 3
Mafia 3

No Remaster
Hulk Ultimate Destruction
Ratchet & Clank (All of them)
Spider-Man Web of Shadows
Ultimate Spider-Man
The Simpsons Hit & Run
Crash team racing

Banned

I think a better PC would fix most of your issues.
also Sunset Overdrive is available in the Xbox app, meaning you get Xbox achievements in the game, and it's in gamepass!

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
They announced a next gen update was coming.
However, they may have dropped those plans once they decided to abandon their own engine in favor of UE5 for the next Mafia game.
The announcement was quite a while back. Haven't heard anything since.
Google Pout GIF

Alpha Male

I really only care about converting the remaining games that have no way to reach 60 fps through either FPS Boost or unlocked frame rate... obviously some games could also use a resolution boost:

XCOM 2
Red Dead 2
Ghost Recon Wildlands
Mass Effect Andromeda
Bloodborne
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Driveclub
Assassin's Creed Syndicate
Far Cry 3 & Blood Dragon
Quantum Break
Darksiders 2 & Genesis
Just Cause 3 & 4

Last edited:
Obvious Bloodborne Thread is obvious. Other than that, The Evil Within games. They were the first two games I ever actually stopped playing due to performance issues. They looked so lo-rez and chugged along so badly that they physically made my eyes hurt.

Naked Lunch

Ace Combat 6 for the Xbox BC program is stuck at 30fps.
Ace Combat 7 didnt get all the new gen bells and whistles.
They never remastered the PS2 classics AC 4 and Zero.

Not sure what the issue is bringing the Ace Combat series to modern consoles - although it might have to do with expired jet manufacturer licenses.

bbw_lover87

Batman arkham knight
Tekken 7
Shadow of war
Darksider 2 and 3/genesis
Rise of the tomb raiders
Monster hunter world(series s play at 60fps but its fugly)

is this a remaster/remake begging thread, or just a patch begging thread?

Because if we are patch begging, Watch Dogs 2 needs a resolution bump on XBox and a frame rate bump on Playstation.

Bloodborne runs at like a wonky 17fps or something. Red Dead 2 needs a framerate bump and someone to teach Rockstar how to do HDR.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
is this a remaster/remake begging thread, or just a patch begging thread?

Because if we are patch begging, Watch Dogs 2 needs a resolution bump on XBox and a frame rate bump on Playstation.

Bloodborne runs at like a wonky 17fps or something. Red Dead 2 needs a framerate bump and someone to teach Rockstar how to do HDR.

Lol. BB runs mostly at 30, with some drops (few really big ones). But it has poor frame pacing, which makes it feel less smooth than it actually is.

BreakOut

Fallout 76 current Gen update. I like the game, I want 60 FPS. It’s absolutely ridiculous. They release expansions, but haven’t done a damn update for that. I like the game, and there are enough people playing it, definitely not for everyone and I get that. But I would love to see it.

skit_data

Bloodborne
Bloodborne
Bloodborne
Witcher 3 (at least it’s on its way now)
RDR2
The Order 1886
Arkham Knight
Alien Isolation

All Batman Arkham games
Prey (2017) --> 60fps for PS5
Far Cry 5
Far Cry Blood Dragon
Red Dead 2
Max Payne 3

Witcher 3 (release it already)

Bloodborne

And the rest games that are stuck being 30 fps.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Prey (2006). It's not available in Steam or any digital PC store and the 360 backwards compatible version never received a Xbox One X enhancement patch or Series X optimization.

Top Bottom