• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unoptimized For Xbox Series X|S or PS5 - Remasters Wish Thread

I got some more
Obvious Bloodborne Thread is obvious. Other than that, The Evil Within games. They were the first two games I ever actually stopped playing due to performance issues. They looked so lo-rez and chugged along so badly that they physically made my eyes hurt.
Evil Within 1 & 2 are other games i missed out on originally and would like to play but that 30fps on console 👎🏾

SpokkX

Bloodborne
The last guardian
Arkham knight
Dishonored 2

Are the only ones i still miss.

Xbox fps boosted most games i wanted on Xbox to 60 (Prey is just sublime on series x for example)

Oh i must mention one title two times
Bloodborne

Last edited:
Bloodborne
The last guardian
Arkham knight
Dishonored 2

Xbox fps boosted most games i wanted on Xbox to 60 (Prey is just sublime on series x for example)

Bloodborne
Bloodborne
The last guardian
Arkham knight
Dishonored 2

Bloodborne
They could of remade all those Batman 360 games by now for current gen and just gave us Arkham Knight 4k 60 ray tracing in the package

Hayabusa83

Banned
Ryse Son of Rome in 4k and glorious 60 FPS.

Sometimes a shallow, linear hack and slash is all you need to scratch an itch. Make it happen Microsoft and Crytek.

Ryse Son of Rome in 4k and glorious 60 FPS.

Sometimes a shallow, linear hack and slash is all you need to scratch an itch. Make it happen Microsoft and Crytek.
I can’t stress that enough how good looking it is still on the original Xbox One 😂 I know there’s a PC version but a remaster with 4k 60 ray tracing will look like a XBOX SERIES X/S ONLY GAME 😂

skit_data

Oh, I forgot an obvious one:

The Orange Box.

Edit: Sure, it’s like 1,5 gen too late but damn somethimes I wish I had a proper 60fps HL2 and Portal 1&2 release on console.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
DriveClub.
Bloodborne.
The Last Guardian.
TLOU2 for Loading.
Uncharted collection.
KZ2 and KZ3.
Infamous 1 and infamous 2

Where’s the Star Wars Remake collection? I’m looking at Star Wars: The Force Unleashed on Xbox Series X for 360. Who wouldn’t buy all the games remade for $70? Deluxe $100 which includes the og xbox games remade… i should be running the business 😭

I think a better PC would fix most of your issues.
also Sunset Overdrive is available in the Xbox app, meaning you get Xbox achievements in the game, and it's in gamepass!
It's such bullshit that a highly reviewed xbox one exclusive isn't getting a patch from MS after all their talk about BC/fps boost etc

Why should we need a better PC when these consoles are capable of upscaling these games? The lack of patches is the biggest disappointment for me this gen.

Rdr2/mafia remake/sunset over./dishonored 2/ watch dogs 1 and 2/ac unity/bloodborne/ ryse/dead rising 3 and many more!

I think a better PC would fix most of your issues.
also Sunset Overdrive is available in the Xbox app, meaning you get Xbox achievements in the game, and it's in gamepass!
It's such bullshit that a highly reviewed xbox one exclusive isn't getting a patch from MS after all their talk about BC/fps boost etc

Why should we need a better PC when these consoles are capable of upscaling these games? The lack of patches is the biggest disappointment for me this gen.

Rdr2/mafia remake/sunset over./dishonored 2/ watch dogs 1 and 2/ac unity/bloodborne/ ryse/dead rising 3 and many more
Fallout 76 current Gen update. I like the game, I want 60 FPS. It’s absolutely ridiculous. They release expansions, but haven’t done a damn update for that. I like the game, and there are enough people playing it, definitely not for everyone and I get that. But I would love to see it.
Total BS!

They announced a next gen update was coming.
However, they may have dropped those plans once they decided to abandon their own engine in favor of UE5 for the next Mafia game.
The announcement was quite a while back. Haven't heard anything since.
Game came out 1.5 months before next gen. What a crock of you know what!

ReBurn

Gold Member
All I want is to be able to play Jet Set Radio Future on a current gen box. I don't want anything else.

S0ULZB0URNE

Ghost Recon Future Soldier
The Order 1886
Bloodborne
Unreal Championship 1 and 2
Arkham Knight with not just 60fps but HDR.
BOTW same as above.
Metro (1st two games) HDR + higher resolution.
Drive Club
BF4

tommib

Every game locked at 30fps.

Bloodborne
RDR2
Add The Last Guardian to that. Also, unlock the Quality mode of Shadow of Colossus. Performance looks like crap on 4K TVs.

Bonus points for The Evil Within. My favourite game from last gen runs and looks terrible on PS5. If that game ever gets an FPS boost on Series consoles, I’ll get an X just for it.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Right now only RDR2.
I‘d just be happy with a 60fps patch too. It is a disgrace to keep it unpatched.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Resistance Trilogy
Killzone Trilogy
Marvel Vs Capcom collection
Resident Evil: Code Veronica
Red Dead Redemption (plus Undead Nightmare)
Dragon Age Origins.

poodaddy

Seems weird to me that Yakuza Kiwami 2, last I check at least, doesn't utilize Series X in any notable fashion when literally all the other Dragon Engine games do. At the very least just double the frame rate man, but I'd really like full blown Series X patches for all the Dragon Engine games. They should all shine like Like a Dragon does, and they're all certainly capable of doing so.

Sleepwalker

Deus EX is stuck at 30fps and 1080 (or under)

AC Unity is extremely blurry with bad performance as well. Syndicate should be 60 too.
Add The Last Guardian to that. Also, unlock the Quality mode of Shadow of Colossus. Performance looks like crap on 4K TVs.

Bonus points for The Evil Within. My favourite game from last gen runs and looks terrible on PS5. If that game ever gets an FPS boost on Series consoles, I’ll get an X just for it.

You can play the last guardian at 60fps on PS5 with the original unpatched disc, just refuse the updates as those introduced the 30fps cap while the disc is uncapped. Its pretty much locked 60.

Not ideal but its there.

Certinty

You could honestly release Ultimate Spider-Man and Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions right now with a resolution upgrade and some minor cleaning and both would hold up due to their artstyle. I’m so desperate to play both again. Amazing games.

For somebody who haven’t played Ryse, that game sold as a remaster at 4K 60 fps with ray tracing could pass for a next-gen game. The Cry Engine is beautiful frfr.

Top Bottom