• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Until Dawn for PC Releases Fall 2024 | State of Play Trailer

Draugoth

Gold Member

When eight friends return to the isolated lodge where two of their group vanished a year prior, fear tightens its icy grip, and their mountain retreat descends into a nightmare with no escape. Face your fears and determine who survives Until Dawn in this seminal horror classic rebuilt and enhanced for PS5® consoles and PC. Coming Fall 2024.

Last edited:

Doom85

I’ve played the original twice, I think I saw a shot or two that wasn’t in the original? Like, almost all of it was from the first game, but there was a moment or two where I went, “wait, I don’t remember that”. Course, my memory might be fuzzy, it has been a few years.

They all look fine with the update, except Emily kinda looks off, but who gives a shit, she was the worst character by far, so that’s fitting in my book.

Doom85

Sorry, I didn't take my happy pills yet and I'm hangry..

Eat Protein Bar GIF by SnickersUK

magikarp7

Traded in my PS4 version when I heard this was being remade. I'll get this at some point but I wont be paying full retail.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
flabbergasted this got an entire section of the fop, game is literally free on PS+ right now and the new graphics do literally nothing for the gameplay at all. truly pointless.
It's a PC version, they are advertising the PC version.

Kssio_Aug

I liked it when I played on PS4. I wouldn't buy it again, but I can definitely recommend for those who did not have the opportunity yet.

It's definitely worth it, at least on a sale.

Man. The blind community on NeoGaf.

It looks way more detailed and a big update. If you can't see that in this video.

The detail might have been increased but it looks less cinematic and less atmospheric. What happened to the stark edge lighting? Way less readable visually now than before. The shapes of characters no longer pop, the contrast is lost. Dramatic lighting what you want in a horror game, not this flat shit. Fidelity isn't everything, game makers and gamers alike should be more visually literate, not chase some arbitrary tech upgrade.

Remake looks boring and lifeless, the blue hue and moonlight that makes the original interesting is swapped for murky brown. Something about the way the characters move is off, i'm not sure if it's because of the frame rate but it looks unnatural. Loved the original so will hope the final release is good.

Kerotan

As cool as the original was, if i want to play it again ill just fire up that up.

Totally unnecessary.
I think the main thing was a pc port so they just made it for ps5 too because why not.

I believe they're building up to a sequel and a movie.

Dazraell

Gold Member
As for the game itself, someone once pointed out this remake is most likely for PC players and new audience who haven't played Until Dawn. Hopefully this will result in a proper sequel down the line

bitbydeath

Gold Member
flabbergasted this got an entire section of the fop, game is literally free on PS+ right now and the new graphics do literally nothing for the gameplay at all. truly pointless.
New content has also been added.
We’ve endeavoured to keep the fantastic narrative integratory of the original, but we have seized the opportunity to expand upon unexplored emotional parts of the story.
added a third-person camera, which means you can now look behind the curtain of the original game, exploring enhanced and new locations with new interactions and collectables.

Dazraell

Gold Member
Once again…yea because free upgrades don’t exist on Playstation…how many of y’all trolls are going to respond the same exact way? 🤦‍♂️🤡
Bruh, this is a full blown remake on a different engine. Sony won't give a free upgrade, or even 10$ upgrade. Instead of calling me a troll maybe you should just have a reality check?

Last edited:

midnightAI

Man. The blind community on NeoGaf.

It looks way more detailed and a big update. If you can't see that in this video.

Actually, since you added the video, I dunno man, detail is increased but what the hell have they done to the lighting? maybe that's just old footage and hopefully they improved it, but I thought it was the characters at first that were off in the new trailer but I think its the lighting causing it. Could be a preference thing, but I prefer the lighting in the original, its more moody.

i love this game! but i'm not sure i needed this...
It was meh for me, like almost all supposed to be horror but involuntarily funny/cringe stuff.
But while I understand the business decison that makes this a sensible project, with movie in the works I think, but PS4 remakes are too early to truly make sense. Sure, it looks different when you really compare (don't like the more regular eyes in above yt-thumbnail to the all black original), but I rather see remakes that are either really old (just randomly dropping Full Throttle as a suggestion) or put the effort in new stuff. Only thing more pointless was probably Life is Strange and their engine flip flopping which enabled/justified a remaster within the same gen.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
I played this on the PS4, pretty sure I can install and play on my PS5............trailer didn't look any better than the PS4 version. I have a feeling if I install the PS4 version on my PS5, it will look the same (or close).

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Bruh, this is a full blown remake on a different engine. Sony won't give a free upgrade, or even 10$ upgrade. Instead of calling me a troll maybe you should just have a reality check?
Or don’t respond like a troll. I don’t know anything about the remake and was asking a simple question. All I got was a sarcastic gif as a response.

DaGwaphics

Maybe I haven't played the original in a while, but aside from a lot of added bloom, it doesn't really look that different than the original.

PS. this also requires a PSN account on PC.

Character models on some of the characters might be altered a bit, at least Micheal looks a bit different than I remember (but it has been a long time since I played). I can't see people being overly interested on PS, but this will be a new release for PC.

Hunter 99

Why oh why?Way too quick for a remake,I mean It came out on ps4 for crying out loud,it hasnt even been a full genration since it released. just do a until dawn 2.its a no from me

GymWolf

Gold Member
I was expecting much more from the graphical improvements...

Who the fuck asked for the remake of this thing btw?

Last edited:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
All the trailers I have seen for this look…I don’t know…wrong?!?

It seems like the character models in the first game look closer to the actors voicing them than they do in the remake.
Also the voices sound off. In the last trailer the character voiced by Rami Malik in the first game sounds close to but not the same.

Am I imagining this?

Top Bottom