• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Gory games 2023

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Can’t wait for Dead Space and Resident Evil 4 Remake.

these two are my all time favourite 3rd person survival horror games.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Excessive gore ruins video games

Americans don't understand subtlety

f7b33d2366fbd18b4aac31b62e0adf2e_w200.gif

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I posted this in the random thoughts thread, but I think it's fitting here.

Isn't amazing that we accept extreme gore, including, decapitation, exploding bodies, cut of limbs and whole rooms festooned with guys and blood.

However, when it comes to a perfectly natural function such as sex, it's an absolute no go in video games. Why can I chop someone's head off and bathe in their blood, but not get my virtual balls motorboated by some random NPC? GTA kinda of allows it, but it doesn't show any dick, ass or pussy going at it like hammer and tong.

Why?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I posted this in the random thoughts thread, but I think it's fitting here.

Isn't amazing that we accept extreme gore, including, decapitation, exploding bodies, cut of limbs and whole rooms festooned with guys and blood.

However, when it comes to a perfectly natural function such as sex, it's an absolute no go in video games. Why can I chop someone's head off and bathe in their blood, but not get my virtual balls motorboated by some random NPC? GTA kinda of allows it, but it doesn't show any dick, ass or pussy going at it like hammer and tong.

Why?
It was same with my parents when I was young, they didn't mind I play or watch gory stuff but sex and nudity was absolutely no, no.

Bartski

Gold Member
Never heard of the "First cut" damn that looks awesome.

Also, how can anyone consider poor, or nonexistent character hit reactions a good thing? Beats me.

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
Cathartic and over-the-top ultra violence in videogames kicks ass but people who obsess over it like that are just weirdos, lol.

Like, chill dude, I'd actually rather not know that you get off on this shit.

GymWolf

Never heard of the "First cut" damn that looks awesome.

Also, how can anyone consider poor, or nonexistent character hit reactions a good thing? Beats me.
I'm more worried about people being ok with precanned death animations and no ragdoll in 2023...

GymWolf

Speaking in general, not to you specifically.

Kinda weird that someone would go out of his way to make a video highlighting this particular feature, though.
It is not different from any horror channel that analize gore effects in movies, if they are well made, if they are cg or practicals.

I dont think it is strange at all, i find more strange people getting excited for documentaries about guns and weapons that kill millions of people...

Gamers love gores, the dude only provide accurate analysis with a funny accent.

Top Bottom