• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Nacon Presentation Will Feature LOTR: Gollum, Test Drive Unlimited: Solar Crown And Five Exclusive Reveals

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Nacon Connect presentation will take place on Thursday, July 7 at 10am PDT / 1pm EDT / 6pm BST.

The show will stream on Nacon’s YouTube and Twitch channels, and promises to show the first footage of Test Drive Unlimited: Solar Crown.

According to Nacon, a total of 17 games will be shown off during the presentation.

The games due to be shown include:

• Ad Infinitum
  • Blood Bowl
  • Chef Life
  • Clash: Artifacts of Chaos
  • Hell is Us
  • The Lord of the Rings: Gollum
  • RoboCop: Rogue City
  • Session
  • Test Drive Unlimited: Solar Crown
  • War Hospital
  • WRC Generations
  • Five more “exclusive reveals”

CamHostage

(**...That is ALL I have learned so far... damn it, man, 20 minutes of filler into chat? How is it possible that they found a way to make streaming game reveals even MORE drawn out and boring??)

Last edited:

CamHostage

Showing Crown Wars: The Black Prince (PC/Switch/Xbox Series/PS5, 2023, by Artefact Studios)

Last edited:

CamHostage

Looking forward to seeing Robocop ! j hope it's open world

I don't think so? I would assume it's the same general gameplay structure of Terminator Resistance, which I believe had large levels but wasn't exactly an open world. (A Robocop with an actual New Detroit could be cool, but developer Teyon's expertise is in making overblown shooter combat in set stages; they come from lightgun shooters even. I would expect them to stick with what they know best.) Still, maybe?

Welcome to Detroit; crime runs rampant as the city lies on the edge of ruin, people fighting for scraps as others live extravagant lives of luxury. Control of the Detroit Police Department is given to the Omni Consumer Products corporation in an attempt to restore order. You are that solution, RoboCop, a cyborg tasked with protecting the city.
The triumphant return of RoboCop wouldn’t feel right without the man who brought so much life into the role, and we’re excited to reveal that Peter Weller will be performing voiceover work on the game. Enjoy this first look at gameplay and for the record, “dead or alive, you’re coming with me!”

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I don't think so? I would assume it's the same general gameplay structure of Terminator Resistance, which I believe had large levels but wasn't exactly an open world. (A Robocop with an actual New Detroit could be cool, but developer Teyon's expertise is in making overblown shooter combat in set stages; they come from lightgun shooters even. I would expect them to stick with what they know best.) Still, maybe?

Wait, this is the same people that made Terminator Resistance? Wow, I am kind of excite.d That game was a *lot* better than I ever thought it would be.

MiguelItUp

Robocop is looking pretty damn cool!

Wait, this is the same people that made Terminator Resistance? Wow, I am kind of excited That game was a *lot* better than I ever thought it would be.
YUP! Right?! I wasn't expecting that game to be as good as it was. They used everything they had and I think they did the IP justice. Looks like they're doing the same with Robocop which is really nice to see. Really hope they stick the landing!

I am looking forwards to finally getting 10 seconds of straight gameplay footage...

Developer Teyon does some wild shit (they made the recent Terminator game, plus the Rambo game and some other nonsense,) I am looking forward to eurojank carnage and zero need for thinking.
The recent Terminator game was much better than a licensed game with a low budget should be. Faithful to the setting, atmospheric, and there was actual choice and consequence! Hope Robocop will be similar.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Just show us TDU: SC

Also there was a screenshot leaked and a streamer also showed a part of hong kong from the game but it looked rough (yes i know its alpha)
A-screenshot-of-the-Test-Drive-Unlimited-Solar-Crown-leaked.jpeg

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Robocop is looking pretty damn cool!

YUP! Right?! I wasn't expecting that game to be as good as it was. They used everything they had and I think they did the IP justice. Looks like they're doing the same with Robocop which is really nice to see. Really hope they stick the landing!

The only issue I had with Resistance really was the final “battle”. Felt a bit weak, but thankfully the narrative, design, and fan service more than made up for it.

If they can bring that same level fo care to Robocop? I will be very happy.

CamHostage

Announced Paradyze Project
(PC / PS5 / Xbox Series, by Eko, 2023)
(*not Dead Island 2)

Last edited:

CamHostage

Developer update of Hell is Us (no gameplay)
(Xbox Series / PS5 / PC, by Rogue Factor, 2023)

Last edited:

CamHostage

Announced Ravenswatch
(PS5 / Xbox Series / PC, Passtech Games, early access starts on PC in 2023)

Last edited:

Turk1993

Showing Test Drive Unlimited: Solar Crowd
(PC / PS5 / Xbox Series / Switch, by KT Racing, 2023)

(...10 seconds of "straight" gameplay footage)

missing-lost.gif

Where is the gameplay? WTF is this shit show. I waited 40 min for this trash trailer with all those low budget pre alpha games. FFS atleast put a 1 min trailer with in game footage from different locations and cars to get some hype. They have nothing to show and this was supposed to release this year before the delay.

MiguelItUp

The only issue I had with Resistance really was the final “battle”. Felt a bit weak, but thankfully the narrative, design, and fan service more than made up for it.

Yeah, I agree. I was pretty damn surprised it was as good as it was for a budget title. I heard the new DLC is even better, I need to check it out.

Agreed!

CamHostage

They did add an extra DLC story chapter onto the end, right? Not sure if that solved any ending issues. (Also, that DLC didn't come out on Xbox, weirdly; there never was a native Xbox Series version either.)

I'm just kidding. No one wants to play an entire game being Gollum. Hyperbolic, sure, but honestly, that's a lot of developing money to spend on such a gamble.

I would absolutely want to play an entire game being Gollum, one of the most intriguing characters in LOTR.

I don't know if I want to play this entire game being Gollum, but...

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
missing-lost.gif

Where is the gameplay? WTF is this shit show. I waited 40 min for this trash trailer with all those low budget pre alpha games. FFS atleast put a 1 min trailer with in game footage from different locations and cars to get some hype. They have nothing to show and this was supposed to release this year before the delay.

Tell me you don’t know what pre alpha is without telling me you don’t know what pre alpha is.

Yeah, I agree. I was pretty damn surprised it was as good as it was for a budget title. I heard the new DLC is even better, I need to check it out.

Agreed!

I need to go back and get the platinum at some point!

They did add an extra DLC story chapter onto the end, right? Not sure if that solved any ending issues. (Also, that DLC didn't come out on Xbox, weirdly; there never was a native Xbox Series version either.)

I would absolutely want to play an entire game being Gollum, one of the most intriguing characters in LOTR.

I don't know if I want to play this entire game being Gollum, but...

I never got the DLC, I need to remedy that.

As for Gollum, I want it to be good but I am not sure. I was already burned, twice, by the insult that was the Shadow series.

Turk1993

Tell me you don’t know what pre alpha is without telling me you don’t know what pre alpha is.

I need to go back and get the platinum at some point!

I never got the DLC, I need to remedy that.

As for Gollum, I want it to be good but I am not sure. I was already burned, twice, by the insult that was the Shadow series.
This game was aimed for a 2022 launch and all they showed till now was cgi trailers and some pre alpha screenshots. And i know damn well what pre alpha means, and that right there is actually the problem. A game that was aimed for 2022 still been in pre alpha and in such a unfinished state that they have nothing proper to show. The first game is one of my most played and fav game ever and seeing them fucking up the ip makes me sad. I just wanted to see some footage of the game that would hype it up.

Top Bottom