• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

autoduelist

My pstv suddenly couldn't boot games -- got error message c1-274-14. Rebuilt my database, half the games on the card disappeared, rebuilt it again, the rest were gone. Formatted my card. Seems okay now? It's an 8 gig, thankfully not the 64 in my vita.

May have lost all my Digimon progress, but I might never have gone back anyway. Thankfully, plat'd Mary Skelter before this happened.

Sorry for the Bump.

Sad to see this got a last post in May!!!

Did people enjoy Va11-Valla or 2084 Read Only Memories?

Waiting on Iconoclasts myself but don't know when it will release now.

Do you think we will get another Firmware update for next year or is that it?

I feel like they will keep updating the FW for who knows how much longer just to prevent people from fully hacking every Vita, like the Wii U was left open to everyone.

Last edited:
That sucks, although I hacked one of my Vita's to look at the Homebrew scene.

Played a bit of Xenon Valkyrie+ and I suck at it really, but it is a lot of fun!

sensor

Sorry for the Bump.

Sad to see this got a last post in May!!!

Did people enjoy Va11-Valla or 2084 Read Only Memories?

Waiting on Iconoclasts myself but don't know when it will release now.

Do you think we will get another Firmware update for next year or is that it?

Va-11 Hall-A is great, but bugs out a lot on the Vita, especially when using the fast forward feature. Still playable, by all means.

Va-11 Hall-A is great, but bugs out a lot on the Vita, especially when using the fast forward feature. Still playable, by all means.

Ah I see...I don't really use that feature but good to know about the bug!

I actually stopped when I got too emotional over one scene but will get back to it soon!

News worthy:

Riddled Corpses EX is available for pre-order on Red Art games.

NISA will be releasing 3 Final games on the Vita; Penny Punching Princess, the Longest 5 Minutes and The Lost Child in March 2019.

There are a few more LRG releases very soon before the cut off point by which time Play Asia will be likely making their final Asian English releases available for the rest of 2019.

It's been a good ride guys, let us hope some of the Homebrew Community keep the cartridges alive just like the Neo Geo and Mega Drive scene!!!

Got the game yesterday! I now have both of COWCATs games but why did they split a deal with LRG and then their local Red Art Games for these?

CSs5SQf.jpg

Kind of annoyimg but doesn't kill my excitement!

Standard Edition sold out within 2 minutes and the countdown clock messed up on the Phone yet again...

I managed to get a Collectors Edition which took longer to sell out.

With the final year of the Vita approaching, would anyone like to predict what games will stay exclusively physical for the Vita an what will be sought after in the next 5 Years?

From what I have heard both on OldGAF, ResetEra, The Vita Lounge and Reddit here is a summary of what I have found to the best of my knowledge:

If Xenon Valkyrie + and Riddled Corpse Ex stay on Vita as a Physical exclusive, then I can see those two go up in price pretty quickly in spite of a Switch digital release.

Va11-Halla I believe will get a Switch physical release but the Collectors Edition that locks onto the 2084 Read only Memories game could make it a Vita Holy Grail in afew years time.

Soul Sacrifice Delta I am unsure whether will get a PS4/5 port in future but I would say that for now the Asian English release will go up in value if it hasn't already.

Oreshika Tainted Bloodlines will definitely go for hundreds in a few years...especially the first print run with the typo of "Tanited".

Unsure whether the Sayonara games will as there are now two versions of them with the ++ version on Strictly Limited Games. If it is different to Fresh on the Switch then it could although Fresh has Cotton in it so....yeah. (Anything Cotton related goes for Mega Money)

Ar no Surge and the Limited Edition of Neptuna 1 and 3 have gone up. The latter due to a cart pressing error for the Standard Editions that I don't believe was fixed.

Ys Origins has two varients which i feel that the Play Asia release will be more sought after as it has the complete patch on the Cart whereas the LRG version doesn't.

Breach and Clear has gone up being the first LRG game despite the game's quality. I don't think it will keep the value up with the re-release on PS4 that came after it. I could be wrong of course.

Some LRG games haven't gone up as much as hoped but sought after games such as Munch's Oddysey are starting to raise in price as they sold out fast on the website (I couldn't get one and I was on the second trying to pay before the minute finished)

Play Asia's Limited Editions don't seem yo be selling out quite as fast as I expected although some releases are not great, but even known games such as Severed can be still obtained at a decent price but I do suspect when all is said and done it will raise in price if a Switch physical release doesn't materialise.

DanganRonpa V3 in Europe is rare as NISA Europe had a small print run whereas any PQube game in America is rarer than in Europe where the games drop in price regularly on their sister site Rice Digital and in general retailers that stock them. I think PQube only distributed it in Gamestop in America? The Limited Editions with the ESRB were on Rice Digital but the Shipping Rates were not great which may explain why the US Copies for these are rarer.

There was a Price Error by GAME once where you could buy one of the BlazBlue Limited editions for 0.01p. I believe a few scalpers jumped on this opportunity so if you see a BlazBlue lE for more than usual, then it could be due to this particular pricing error that was jumped on.

Any and all Koei Games with a Limited Edition will be costly in the future, including the mentioned Ar no Surge and the Atelier Games.

NISAs smaller games such as Rose in the Twilight seem to be rising although in Europe you can still be bought at a decent price.

Any Indie Game with a Physical Release on the Vita but not on anything else is very likely to go up in price, however I don't suspect it will be out of reach for most people.

Because of how much memory cards cost and the failure rate of the 64GB cards in particular, I would recommend the smaller cards before the demand for these increase and for future proofing I would suggest buying a Vita Slim moreso over the original model because of the 1GB internal storage (best solution fotr physical buyers) as well as for a universal output in USB over Sony's own cables (these will soon be limited as they do tend to fray after a few years of use).

As Vita's are Region Free you can buy a cheaper Japanese model if you want them in a different colour over the Bezelled US Model but be aware of Customs Charges if you are from Europe. (I got lucky)

As mentioned before, NISA (Americas) are listing 3 final Vita games, and these games are considered pretty good on the Switch. They may or may not increase in Pricing depending on whether people take to these games on Vita over Switch, however it wouldn't hurt to check out their cheaper Price Points as the Switch can be less ideal to carry around over the Vita.

Sorry for the long post. I hope this helps anyone who wishes to collect for the Vita now before it gets out of hand with pricing. Not everything is set in stone and this is to the best of my knowledge regarding following the Vita scene in particular as I am passionate about this console and the library!

If anyone has any questions or would like to add anything then please let me know and I will be happy to assist! :)

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I'm starting The House in Fata Morgana tomorrow. :/

Because of how much memory cards cost and the failure rate of the 64GB cards in particular, I would recommend the smaller cards before the demand for these increase and for future proofing I would suggest buying a Vita Slim moreso over the original model because of the 1GB internal storage (best solution fotr physical buyers) as well as for a universal output in USB over Sony's own cables (these will soon be limited as they do tend to fray after a few years of use).
No no. Mod your Vita now. All the Vita cards are most like all going to shit right about now. :/

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm starting The House in Fata Morgana tomorrow. :/

No no. Mod your Vita now. All the Vita cards are most like all going to shit right about now. :/

You mean Memory Cards? I have modded one of them but it is more of a back up than anything.

Once I have funds after my Birthday I am getting a third Vita and will mod that one too!

Oh, I managed to get The House of Fata Morgana after a mess up on my end.

So disappointed that Timespinner is a PS4/Switch release and not Vita where it released on first. :(

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
You mean Memory Cards? I have modded one of them but it is more of a back up than anything.

Once I have funds after my Birthday I am getting a third Vita and will mod that one too!

Oh, I managed to get The House of Fata Morgana after a mess up on my end.

So disappointed that Timespinner is a PS4/Switch release and not Vita where it released on first. :(
Vita memory cards have a high failure rate and will all fail eventually. SD2Vita+micro SD fixes that.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Are they on Play-Asia? I will probably get one then!
Man I didn't even get notified for this.
You can get them on ebay, amazon and that weird site aliexpress? Make sure to get the newer version if you go for it and that you can mod your vita. Then you'd want to look into how to enso your Vita so that it reads your games from the SD2Vita when you start it. You can redownload all your digital games from the psn store no problem.

Man I didn't even get notified for this.
You can get them on ebay, amazon and that weird site aliexpress? Make sure to get the newer version if you go for it and that you can mod your vita. Then you'd want to look into how to enso your Vita so that it reads your games from the SD2Vita when you start it. You can redownload all your digital games from the psn store no problem.

Nice!

I think I have enso as I akso have the app SD2Vita.

But doesn't it fit into the games slot, making putting your physical games on there impossible?

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Nice!

I think I have enso as I akso have the app SD2Vita.

But doesn't it fit into the games slot, making putting your physical games on there impossible?
You can rip your games. It is legal since it is a 1:1 rip of your game. It just takes long. You can also just download your physical games from another app but that isn't 100% legal even if you own said game physically.

It is up to you to do this and note that there is a 1% chance you might brick your Vita so if you some time research it. I remember I modded my Vita mainly to undub games, not worry about the memory card and to overclock it. (slightly faster loading times/better framerate)

Top Bottom