• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Not sure if this is the right place to ask - so apologies if not, but I semi-recently got a PS Vita and it has 3.5x firmware on it. Is there any reason why I should keep that firmware, or can I go ahead and update it to the latest one?

Ephidel

Not sure if this is the right place to ask - so apologies if not, but I semi-recently got a PS Vita and it has 3.5x firmware on it. Is there any reason why I should keep that firmware, or can I go ahead and update it to the latest one?
If homebrew, emulation, languages patches, alternative memory card support and stuff interest you do not update yet. You might want to take a look at the Henkaku thread and see if anything going on in there appeals to you. Henkaku only works on 3.60 and if you upgrade any higher it won't work (there are specific upgrade procedures to manually update to 3.60 and no higher).

If homebrew, emulation, languages patches, alternative memory card support and stuff interest you do not update yet. You might want to take a look at the Henkaku thread and see if anything going on in there appeals to you. Henkaku only works on 3.60 and if you upgrade any higher it won't work (there are specific upgrade procedures to manually update to 3.60 and no higher).

Hey thanks for this response, I also recently got a Vita, is Henkaku the best option for these things or are there any alternatives I should be aware of?

Also are there any other general tips I should be aware of? Like I thought to check the battery earlier (seems well enough) but totally wouldn't have thought to check what firmware I should be on for homebrew. This is my first handheld since Game Gear lol so general handheld tips would probably help. And I also don't usually mess with homebrew and emu but plan to for this, so anything more specific to that or just specific to the Vita itself would also help. Like if I'm not on current firmware can I still use PSN, or do I have to weigh those against each other?

I am looking forward to using this little guy, looks awesome just from booting it up and browsing a bit.

mollipen

Read Only Memories cancelled for Vita because it's too hard but we're just only now finding that out. And the team doesn't understand the proper way to break the news. Oops!

Would love to see a Discord channel set up about Vita with the folks from this thread. Shouldn't be hard at all to set up. But for god's sake, don't call it "VitaGAF"—make it its own thing.

Read Only Memories cancelled for Vita because it's too hard but we're just only now finding that out. And the team doesn't understand the proper way to break the news. Oops!

I can't believe they couldn't get a pixel art VN to work in Unity. As a programmer, I don't even know how they wasted all the memory.

Powwa

Man what a sad turn of events. Even though I don`t post too often VitaGAF has always been my favourite part of this forum. Lets hope this community will survive somewhere.

On a game related topic, I`ve been kinda freaked out with Vita game cartridges recently. There are a few topics here and there on the internet but is it true that these cards will only last 20 years tops before becoming unusable? Vita is the biggest part of my collection, if this is the case I`ll get rid of them in a few years.

mollipen

I mean, creating a Vita Discord for the folks in this thread is literally like a 10 second job from what I understand. I know some of the other thread regulars were talking about making one, but if they haven't, I'll just do it to have it done.

Just need to come up with a good name.

I mean, creating a Vita Discord for the folks in this thread is literally like a 10 second job from what I understand. I know some of the other thread regulars were talking about making one, but if they haven't, I'll just do it to have it done.

just send a dm por favor

LOL, why? what happened?

If I had to guess it might be about how the admins/owners kind of jumped ship to the Switch rather quickly when the Vita started to slow down earlier in the year. Though the forum is still around and a great resource for the few fans who have stuck around. If a discord does open up, be sure to let me know as I'll totally jump on board.

Damn Kadokawa is on a roll. This, God Wars expansion (50 stages!) and Starly Girls RPG (hoping for Vita version).

And special thanks to NISA for bringing them here.

Well, PQube grabbed Root Letter and noone took KanColle (which was pretty disappointing), but yeah - it certainly seems Kadokawa aren't done with Vita yet.

Although I fully expect NISA (if anyone) to grab this, there's always a chance it'll be someone else. Like I said before, I half hope it's Gaijinworks so we get a physical release, but we'd also have to wait years for the game lol.

Or maybe it'll stay Japan-only, like all the other Metal Max bar one.

Well, might as well still share the news here for now even if everyone's on the Discord.

Digimon Story is January in the west:

http://gematsu.com/2017/10/digimon-...rs-memory-launches-january-19-americas-europe

God Wars getting big DLC update:

http://gematsu.com/2017/10/god-wars-future-past-large-scale-dlc-announced

New VN from Arc System Works:

http://gematsu.com/2017/10/arc-system-works-announces-world-end-syndrome-ps4-switch-ps-vita

A Certain Magical Virtual-On stuff:

http://gematsu.com/2017/10/certain-...nzaki-apharmd-c-motoharu-tsuchimikado-dordray

And Death Mark is getting an expanded port for PS4 and Switch (which means localization is more likely, but probably not on Vita):

http://gematsu.com/2017/10/death-mark-coming-ps4-switch

i-Jest

Would love to see a Discord channel set up about Vita with the folks from this thread. Shouldn't be hard at all to set up. But for god's sake, don't call it "VitaGAF"—make it its own thing.

Well fuck...

I'm just seeing this post now. That is certainly disappointing. we still have VA-11 HALL-A though, right?

I hope we get the new Virtual On. I NEED THAT.

Also digimon coming over to NA in January was earlier than expected but the preorder DLC looks DELICIOUS:

Users who pre-order Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker’s Memory will receive four bonus Digimon (Omnimon NX, Sistermon Ciel and Blanc, Leopardmon NX, and Crusadermon NX), and exclusive costumes (V. Uchida Costume, Inoden School Attire, and special T-shirts).
Read more at http://gematsu.com/2017/10/digimon-...anuary-19-americas-europe#x5pI9VpoKaeqB0Ls.99

nampad

Just joined the Opencritic forum, which opened up newly and doesn't have developed any real forum culture yet.
Also means there isn't any bland Vita bashing going on right now. Maybe we can get a nice community going on over there?

just send a dm por favor

Hit me up when a Vita Discord materializes. Thanks!

Is there a vita discord?

I would like a discord invite as well. I know Vita is slowing down considerably, but it's still my favourite console.

Would also like vita discord invite if possible

Wouldn't mind a Vita discord link either.

Haven't posted in like 4 months (sorry) but I read almost daily. I'd like a Vita discord invite if possible.

Please put me down for a discord invite if anyone's doing them.

Yo, I'd love join the Vita discord if that's possible!

Yeah, I'd love it if we did a Vita Discord. And I'd love to get an invite if we make one.

I would like an invite as well. First time using discord.

I'll take a Vita discord invite as well please :)

I'd like an invite too, thanks.

I'd appreciate one too.

Thank you, please do. I enjoy your posts.

I'd appreciate a discord invite as well. I enjoyed reading the posts in this thread.

Also made an Discord though I have no clue what I am doing. Quote to see the invite:

mollipen

There's actually a Discord up and running with a lot of the regular thread members. Post a note here that you'd like access (so the mods know who you are/were) and someone will get you an invite.

Top Bottom