• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Update regarding Horizon Forbidden West (PS4 versions now have entitlement to free PS5 upgrade, other games will have $10 upgrade fee)

Tbf, you can't buy the PS5 version of FF VII R without the dlc. So its kind of a stupid point to make.

And as others have said, the PS4 version upgraded to PS5 without the Yuffie dlc for free.

Oh and sorry. I laughed far too much at -

But the free upgrade is the PS5 version.
No it isn't. If you want to buy the PS5 version for FFVIIR there's. L way to buy it without the yuffie content.

But it's still a PS5 native version.

Are you dense or just a piss poor troll?
I'm just stating facts. As a PS5 owner there's no way for me to buy a version without the yuffie content, making FFVIIR intergrade the real PS5 version.

If you want to get that version you have to pay.

FranXico

Lol, that's not the PS5 version. I can't buy FFVII for PS5 without the yuffie content.
I inserted the PS4 disc, and using the "..." menu bought a "free digital upgrade to PS5 version" for free, which lets me play the PS5 version, but excluding DLC.

I even stopped the installation of the PS4 version. Also, I know the difference.

Are you going to insist?

Isn't it a native version though? I thought they upgraded from the BC version.

There is a native version without DLC that one can upgrade to for free.

Last edited:
I inserted the PS4 disc, and using the "..." menu bought a "free digital upgrade to PS5 version" for free, which lets me play the PS5 version, but excluding DLC.

I even stopped the installation of the PS4 version. Also, I know the difference.

Are you going to insist?
Yes, that's not the real PS5 version. It you want to play the actual PS5 game that PS5 owners have you have to pay for it.

FUBARx89

I'm just stating facts. As a PS5 owner there's no way for me to buy a version without the yuffie content, making FFVIIR intergrade the real PS5 version.

If you want to get that version you have to pay.

Or, you just upgrade the PS4 version.....for free? At 10 quid less. Or even less buying physical and upgrading that way.

You can get PS5 version without yuffie doing it them ways. Stop being dense and give it up.

It's going to take a lot more than Gamepass to take down PlayStation. Now to entertain your idea that people refuse to buy games because of Gamepass. That's something that will be extremely dangerous for the industry and I don't see every developer releasing their games day one on that service. Which why I don't believe Gamepass will have the effect of taking down Sony.
Maybe not day one but they will after 2 or 3 months and that's a time people will be wing to wait.

Or, you just upgrade the PS4 version.....for free? At 10 quid less. Or even less buying physical and upgrading that way.

You can get PS5 version without yuffie doing it them ways. Stop being dense and give it up.
You Are the one being dense. The PS5 version has more content than the PS4 version. Just because you can get some resolution upgrade it doesn't make it the PS5 version.

If you want that you have to pay just like every other PS5 owner.

FUBARx89

It looks like it but it isn't. The real PS5 version has a lot more content that isn't DLC as you claim. You call it DLC to fit your narrative.

Were you dropped on your head as a child?

Right. So explain this. You go out and buy a used physical copy of FFVII R on PS5, the Yuffie dlc has been claimed.

Does that make it a PS4 version? No. It doesn't.

Last edited:

FranXico

It looks like it but it isn't. The real PS5 version has a lot more content that isn't DLC as you claim. You call it DLC to fit your narrative.
FFVII Intergrade is the original game plus the extra content.
People with the PS4 version can get the PS5 version, with the extra content locked out from them. They just need to pay the difference to unlock it and get, as you call it, "the real PS5 version".

Last edited:

So you just complaining about the DLC not being free. But your fine with the free native upgrade.

Ok now I understand where the issue is.

Edit: My point of view on DLC is sometimes it's worth paying for. It really depends on what they are adding to the game. Something simple like Horse Armor might not be worth it but something extensive like Blood & Whine certainly is.

Last edited:
Were you dropped on your head as a child?

Right. So explain this. You go out and buy a used physical copy of FFVII R on PS5, the Yuffie dlc has been claimed.

Does that make it a PS4 version? No. It doesn't.
Don't buy used games. If I buy a used HFW collectors edition I won't be able to play it either if somebody else claimed it since there isn't a physical disc

So you just complaining about the DLC not being free. But your fine with the free native upgrade.

Ok now I understand where the issue is.

Edit: My point of view on DLC is sometimes it's worth paying for. It really depends on what they are adding to the game. Something simple like Horse Armor might not be worth it but something extensive like Blood & Whine certainly is.
What? Not at all, I'm not even complaining, I'm disagreeing. I said you also have to pay to get the PS5 version FFVIIR and they say you don't because you can upgrade the PS4 version for free. They don't take into account the PS5 version has more content and to get that content you have to pay in the PS4 version.

So no, you don't get the PS5 version for free.

FFVII Intergrade is the original game plus the extra content.
People with the PS4 version can get the PS5 version, with the extra content locked out from them. They just need to pay the difference to unlock it and get, as you call it, "the real PS5 version".
That's exactly what.im saying. If I own a PS5 and I want to get FFVIIR the option for.me is to go and bout FFVIIR intergrade.

There's a middle option for PS4 owners but that's not the real PS5 version. For that version you have to pay.

Kilau

Gold Member
What? Not at all, I'm not even complaining, I'm disagreeing. I said you also have to pay to get the PS5 version FFVIIR and they say you don't because you can upgrade the PS4 version for free. They don't take into account the PS5 version has more content and to get that content you have to pay in the PS4 version.

What content are you referring to?

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable
What part am I wrong?

The PS5 version is a native app and isn't the game though backwards compatibility. With the PS4 version you do have access to the native app for free. It's not like the upgrade from GoW PS4 to the PS5 Native App which costs 10$.

FranXico

The PS5 version is a native app and isn't the game though backwards compatibility. With the PS4 version you do have access to the native app for free. It's not like the upgrade from GoW PS4 to the PS5 Native App which costs 10$.
Maybe he got FFVIIR through PS+, hence his inability to upgrade.

Last edited:

FUBARx89

Maybe he got FFVIIR through PS+, hence his inability to upgrade.

Think he's just bitching for the sake of bitching.

I wouldn't even say the Yuffie dlc is worth it tbh, outside of that you get some pretty much throw away cutscenes that tied into Remake you can easily youtube.

Lol what? I didn't have to pay anything for the GoW update.

Good on them giving horizon for free as promised. But future titles still have a $10 tax, seriously? Why?

There is NO tax for "next gen" on PC or Xbox games studios.

Sony believes in generations. As in generational wealth for their company.

This exactly, "believing in generations" just means increasing the price of games. PC and Xbox don't care which hardware you play the game on.

You aren't making any sense.

It's very easy. There's no native version for the PS5 of God of War. It's essentially running through enhanced backwards compatibility on the PS5.

The sequel God of War Ragnarok has a native PS5 version. However if you want to upgrade to that version from the PS4 version it's going to cost you 10$.

Quick question do you know what a native PS5 version of a game is?

I think one of the issues that you're having is that you don't distinguish the difference between BC and native PS5 games. Please correct me if im wrong.

Last edited:

ManaByte

It's very easy. There's no native version for the PS5 of God of War. It's essentially running through enhanced backwards compatibility on the PS5.

The sequel God of War Ragnarok has a native PS5 version. However if you want to upgrade to that version from the PS4 version it's going to cost you 10$.

Quick question do you know what a native PS5 version of a game is?

I think one of the issues that you're having is that you don't distinguish the difference between BC and native PS5 games. Please correct me if im wrong.

Not a good comparison because they did make a native Jedi Fallen Order after the BC patch.

Last edited:

saintjules

Though why the Ps5 version is still 10 bucks more than Ps4 is now fucking idiotic.

I think Sony is going to strongarm the conversation by having the PS5 version have certain features like 60fps. PS4 owners can get the cheaper version, but without the increased visual fidelity and framerate. Which is kind of what some games are already doing I guess.

Allandor

Just like I wrote after the "no upgrade option"-news a few days back. It was just pure marketing to make the players happy in the end even if they now have to pay $10 for other future title upgrades.
They knew this would give a backlash and now they combine the bad news with the good news. Well played Sony.

Top Bottom