• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Update regarding Horizon Forbidden West (PS4 versions now have entitlement to free PS5 upgrade, other games will have $10 upgrade fee)

Same here. Every now and then I may get around 6-7 hours and I’ve never gotten a low battery warning.

I have to add that I don't have a PS5 but I use it with my PC with an 8BITDO device. Maybe that improves the battery life in some way but I haven't experienced the issues that others are having with it.

Having no games vs no games worth buying according to you is two different subjects all together. But you already knew that..........

Ratchet, Allstar, Returnal are not remakes or indies.

Obvious troll

u mad bro troll GIF
Sony had to give away All-stars for free because of how bad it is.

Returnal is an indie game.

Ratchet is the only game that you could call a proper PS5 game but it lasts 10 hours and it's a ratchet game.

So one game in a year, great job.

Last edited:

Ratchet is the only game that you could call a proper PS5 game but it lasts 10 hours and it's a ratchet game.

Always find it funny when people try to put little asterisks next to every PlayStation game and then act like there’s nothing to play at all on the console. 🤡

Derktron

Banned
And the adventures continues with Sony and their on and off again lying and then backtracking then going back. The criticism needs to be stronger. If we did the same shit to Microsoft back in 2013 to change their policies on always online then we need to make sure it happens to PlayStation and it’s anti consumer next generation upgrades.

FUBARx89

......why own a PS5 if all you're gonna do is bitch about the content put out?

I don't get it. Like, why drop £450 on a console, but bitch about anything they make and only play last gen games, when it was known in advance what they'd be putting on the PS5.

You might aswell just sell it and stick to a PS4 lol.

I usually game for 4-5 hours when I can then I just put it on the stand. Never had an issue with it running out on me.

The Switch gives me more issues with the battery than the Dualsense does.
That's because you have a stand and you're always charging it. For normal people who just have the USB cable you obviously don't connect it until you get the notification, which happens a lot.

I just can't understand why the hell does Sony thinks they need a light on the controller. That single light is the reason for the awful battery

You forgot to get your hands on the controller before saying “it’s just another controller”.
Lol, I play every day with it. It's just another controller with some gimmicks that will never be used properly. The triggers for example will piss a lot of people who play online games because it feels like a disadvantage. For single player games sure, it doesn't make that much a difference anyway.

The haptics are just rumble with a new name.

I usually game for 4-5 hours when I can then I just put it on the stand. Never had an issue with it running out on me.

The Switch gives me more issues with the battery than the Dualsense does.
That's because you have a stand and you're always charging it. For normal people who just have the USB cable you obviously don't connect it until you get the notification, which happens a lot.

I just can't understand why the hell does Sony thinks they need a light on the controller. That single light is the reason for the awful battery
......why own a PS5 if all you're gonna do is bitch about the content put out?

I don't get it. Like, why drop £450 on a console, but bitch about anything they make and only play last gen games, when it was known in advance what they'd be putting on the PS5.

You might aswell just sell it and stick to a PS4 lol.
Because I didn't do a proper research. Who would have thought a year later you would only have one PS5 proper exclusive to play? Not me lol. I usually buy Nintendo consoles on launch and they have always delivered a great set of games in the first year.

Don't think this is some fanboy bs. Xbox is in the same spot, no games at all. At least they will release 2 games this holiday but Sony won't even release one single game.

Not really. I'm triggered that I have a PS5 since November and there are no fucking games!!!! I shouldn't have bought this so early but oh well, never again.
That's the downside of being an early adopter.

It was very disappointing to hear that Horizon FB, God of war ragnarok and other big games will be cross gen. Especially when they will be released 2 years after the PS5/Series X launched. I am hoping the showcase on Thursday can spark some more excitement for the future.

The bright side is 2022 might be a big year for video games in generally because a good amount of the games that got delayed are all suppose to come out in 2022.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

It was very disappointing to hear that Horizon FB, God of war ragnarok and other big games will be cross gen. Especially when they will be released 2 years after the PS5/Series X launched. I am hoping the showcase on Thursday can spark some more excitement for the future.

The bright side is 2022 might be a big year for video games in generally because a good amount of the games that got delayed are all suppose to come out in 2022.
And for consoles in the future, everyone should expect the same thing. It'll be tons of cross gen and BC games with the new gen game being boosts at the beginning.

In the past, new consoles were totally different, most didn't even work with the past system, so new games made had to make a big splash to get attention. Many gamers now are still playing backlogs of cross gen games, so as long as some new games get some boosts to hold them over till the big guns come out later that are 100% new gen only, that might be good enough.

For console gamers, now you know what PC gamers experience as it's not jumps in discrete hardware, but more of a steady flow of improvements over time. The hardware which inherently supports low end and high rigs, BC going back to maybe even Windows 7 for some new games, and you dont see giant improvements at a single moment like going from PS1 to PS2 or NES to Genesis/SNES.

Last edited:

But what has Sony announced though? They better do a stellar show this Thursday otherwise they're doomed. They didn't do an E3 so this must be the greatest show of the year for them.

ZywyPL

Banned
Not really. I'm triggered that I have a PS5 since November and there are no fucking games!!!! I shouldn't have bought this so early but oh well, never again.

But you don't have 5min. loading, 30FPS, the PSN download speeds are also vastly improved etc., you honestly can't say it wasn't worth it. Unless you bought PS5 solely for the "next-gen only PS exclusives" Ryan promised, but then again, it was obvious from the start those games are years away.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
But what has Sony announced though? They better do a stellar show this Thursday otherwise they're doomed. They didn't do an E3 so this must be the greatest show of the year for them.
Year one of Sony systems is usually crap games. You'll get a few good new gen games, but the heavy hitters come later. They'll always promote the big franchises before launch as if they are coming right away, but magically they all get delayed to year 3 or more.

But you don't have 5min. loading, 30FPS, the PSN download speeds are also vastly improved etc., you honestly can't say it wasn't worth it. Unless you bought PS5 solely for the "next-gen only PS exclusives" Ryan promised, but then again, it was obvious from the start those games are years away.
Sure, those things are great for a while, but after a year of waiting it gets really tiring.

Year one of Sony systems is usually crap games. You'll get a few good new gen games, but the heavy hitters come later. They'll always promote the big franchises before launch as if they are coming right away, but magically they all get delayed to year 3 or more.
And for the looks of it year 2 is going to be the same.

ZywyPL

Banned
Sure, those things are great for a while, but after a year of waiting it gets really tiring.

And for the looks of it year 2 is going to be the same.

Well that's usually how Sony's lineup looks like - some fillers/launch titles, with all the heavy hitters arriving after 1st half of the console's lifespan, when the Slim indeed launches. Just enjoy what you can, games don't have to be next-gen-only to be good.

My fellow PlayStation fan 💙
You seem to have been in a total blackout for one year, Miles legs Morales, Demon's Souls, Ratchet&Clank and Returnal all I would say pretty good games, in the first year.

And PlayStation fans like you and me know that Sony Big hitters will come. We also know that pretty sure the quality of these games will be unmatched in the industry.

Delayed 3 years? You know we are not talking about Halo infinite here in a PlayStation thread. :lollipop_anxious_sweat: (might invite green trolls here)

Now let's go back to oiling Jimbos Weiner.

sendit

Lol, I play every day with it. It's just another controller with some gimmicks that will never be used properly. The triggers for example will piss a lot of people who play online games because it feels like a disadvantage. For single player games sure, it doesn't make that much a difference anyway.

1. You claim the PS5 has no games to play. Yet you play it everyday.
  2. Competitive/online games allow you to disable haptic triggers.

Surprise, early adopters are usually fu**ed. When the first big PS5 games arrive, your warranty is already gone, you missed the oppurtunity to make a couple of hundred bucks and the first revision is already out.

Dodkrake

Banned
No rush. The trend is the big name franchises will be PS4, PS4 + $10 upgrade as per Jim when you get around to a PS5, and a direct PS5 edition for anyone with a PS5.

Ya, there's some games like Returnal and R&C and Destruction All Stars that are PS5 only, but unless you are desperate for those games, just wait them out.

You got 3-4 years to test out whatever option you want to do. Hell, even Godfall has a PS4 edition now when it was promoted as PS5 only last year.

As a bonus, the longer you wait for a PS5, the higher chance the console gets updated with bigger internal storage. Just like all console do every year or two. By the time you get a PS5, it might be up to 2 TB SSD.

What's the comission like for each post you make telling people not to buy a PS5?

saintjules

Nothing new, just seems a bit messier this gen.

Connxtion

I still think $10 extra is fair for PS5 version. I don’t know obviously, but maybe there’s more to the PS5 version than just a res bump and haptics
The fact they haven’t stated the features, would lead me to believe that it’s a res/fps bump with 3D audio and haptic controls. (All easily added, most of these features will be an API for that specific SDK, obviously they need to configure haptic stuff but it’s trivial)

soulbait

I know for sure I will buy it so why not pay for it now and get it out of the way?

But why? What is the point? Sure buy it if you already know you will in the future when it is actually available, but there is really no advantage in doing so. At this time, pre-ordering fully favors the company, and really does nothing for you. I just don't see the point in it.

BootsLoader

Banned

I see. Looks like you really didn’t use the controller (or you played games that don’t support it’s features). It’s ok.

Edit: Seems you’re like those people who didn’t even play Death Stranding but said it’s a walking simulator.

Last edited:
You will forever stay confused as to why so many people are enjoying their PS5’s right now, and can’t get their hands on a PS5 almost a year since launch, and may not get one till 2023, with your obtuse reasoning. Seriously, watch the Horizon state of play from May. The PS5 version of the game will be so ahead of the PS5 version the overwhelming majority of PlayStation players will wait until the have a PS5 game just to play it.

If you don’t want good games sell you PS5 to the masses who are dying to get one and they won’t have a shortage to play anytime soon. Maybe you can ask them why they want it to bad.
So, the PS5 version will be so ahead of the PS5 version ore do you mean the PS5 version will be so ahead of the PS4 version?
O, me bad, its a typo😳 but you are right...

Last edited:

I'm gonna be really pissed if by the time Sony and third parties release some actual games there will be a PS5 slim lol.
I can't believe you and I think you are just trolling.

There has never been a better time for getting a new console than this generation. If you like your old games many are getting boosts to frame rate and resolution and this is truly a time where you can sell your previous gen console and not miss out on anything, and the vast majority of old games play fine on it.. Every generation starts slow as developers need to learn to use the new console and they usually go cross gen as it is not economically feasible yet to release only on the lower player base for the ps5 or xbox.

Maybe you havent been through enough new gen console releases but it takes a while to get a vast number of current gen games out and I've been through a lot of them, was the same for the last 2 or 3 generations. I would 100% recommend to users of xbox and ps to get one now if you can find one as its going to last for 7 more years so there is no downside to purchase immediately.

And it just sounds like you had a temper tantrum over the last day or two here like a spoiled brat.

U

I'm gonna be really pissed if by the time Sony and third parties release some actual games there will be a PS5 slim lol.
You are having a tantrum all over this topic spamming this whole comment section. You know what, sell the fucking thing. You are acting just like a spoiled kid, ore a little troll, my money is on a little troll.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
How many of you guys still getting this game on ps4? ( may i ask are you planning on playing this on a basic og ps4)

Cmon you guys on neogaf always want the best experience for gaming right?

Get it on ps5 bro..are ps5 still hard to get around your city?

ALRMxHV.jpg

Last edited:
How many of you guys still getting this game on ps4? ( may i ask are you planning on playing this on a basic og ps4)

ALRMxHV.jpg

By the time that games out PS5s should be easier to get. Still not sure if they will be sitting on store shelves though. I would definitely play the game on my PS5 when I have one.

FUBARx89

Because I didn't do a proper research. Who would have thought a year later you would only have one PS5 proper exclusive to play? Not me lol. I usually buy Nintendo consoles on launch and they have always delivered a great set of games in the first year.

Don't think this is some fanboy bs. Xbox is in the same spot, no games at all. At least they will release 2 games this holiday but Sony won't even release one single game.

It's an LED light, LED's don't have a massive power draw. Even then, the Xbox controllers have a LED light. The Sixaxis, Dualshock 3 and Dualshock 4 all have LED lights.

Well each to his own I guess on the nintendo front, but I personally think Nintendo games are shite these days. I thought BOTW was an awful LoZ game and Mario has never reached the heights of Mario 64 again.

How could you not know? Sony wouldn't shut up about what was coming, shit Sony don't shut the fuck up about Deathloop. Ever. So I find it hard to believe you didn't know what was coming out.

As for MS exclusives this Christmas, I don't think anyone has any faith that 343 will manage to put out a decent Halo game after the shit shows known as Halo 4 and 5. Hate to say this, but even current Bungie are better than 343i and current Bungie are a shadow of what they used to be.

I can't speak for Forza as it's not my cup of tea so I won't really comment on that one.

But its bad it's took MS nearly a year to get exclusive xbox content out (inc cross gen) after a new gen launch. I sincerely hope they manage to get some exclusives soon or all this money they've splashed out, is a massive waste of time.

And don't bother saying Gamepass, yes, it's a fantastic thing blah blah blah, but I personally prefer to actually own my games, rather than the glorified rental service it, games with gold and PS+ games are.

But, Sony do deserve criticism too, whilst they've managed to get exclusive content out, they can't form a coherent message, they can't decide what they want to actually do and quite frankly, look like a bunch of clowns with Jim Ryan in charge.

Last edited:
The fact they haven’t stated the features, would lead me to believe that it’s a res/fps bump with 3D audio and haptic controls. (All easily added, most of these features will be an API for that specific SDK, obviously they need to configure haptic stuff but it’s trivial)
Yup, whenever you see “cross-gen” the PS5 features will probably just be ray tracing, 4K
with 60 fps, faster load times, 3D audio, dual sense support with haptic feedback and activity card support. The experience of the game isn’t going to be that much different than the PS4 game.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood

What is the virtue of releasing a game this holiday? Would you rather Sony pushed Demon's Souls, Sackboy, Ratchet & Clank, Returnal etc. all back to this holiday just to satisfy this need? Maybe they should release HFW half-baked to meet this need?

In reality anyone buying a PS5 for this holiday will have plenty of decent content to play on their machine.

GymWolf

ALRMxHV.jpg
I don't know why but this post has some "how you doin fellow gamers" vibe...

SLB1904

Banned

ALRMxHV.jpg
Nope. ps4 version for me than upgrade. Profit

Well that's usually how Sony's lineup looks like - some fillers/launch titles, with all the heavy hitters arriving after 1st half of the console's lifespan, when the Slim indeed launches. Just enjoy what you can, games don't have to be next-gen-only to be good.
But it's not that there aren't next gen games. It's that there are no games, not for last gen or for this game. The last triple AAA game released.was Cyberpunk

1. You claim the PS5 has no games to play. Yet you play it everyday.
  2. Competitive/online games allow you to disable haptic triggers.
1.- I've said I use it to play PS4 games since I sold my PS4.
2.- I know, people agree with me that it's just a gimmick.

Surprise, early adopters are usually fu**ed. When the first big PS5 games arrive, your warranty is already gone, you missed the oppurtunity to make a couple of hundred bucks and the first revision is already out.
Exactly. This is my first time buying a PlayStation console on launch. I usually buy them 3 or 4 years later. I bought my PS4 on black Friday 2018 lol.

Never again though. This doesn't happen with Nintendo

Top Bottom