• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upgrading from PS4 to PS5 is worse than upgrading a PC

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
I initially thought the Smart delivery was a stupid name, but then sony came and showed how dumb delivery looks like, so i have to give props to MS on that.

BlackTron

We are at the beginning of a new generation of insane CPUs, something tells me that for most people to upgrade right now it will not be a matter of throwing in a new video card. You are looking at spending a lot of money on all new components and reinstalling a lot of software. You are describing a mid-gen refresh upgrade. I would compare popping open your case and throwing in a new card (carefully chosen) to upgrading to a PS4 Pro. Yes all your software and stuff will be easy to carry over.

I think Sony could do a lot better in this transition especially compared to Xbox. But this comparison doesn't seem fair. I can tell you that from a convenience standpoint, it's far less intimidating getting any PS4 stuff I have going on PS5 than upgrading my PC, which would require far more money and personal attention than "popping in a new card", while we are at a generational shift in PC parts.

Top Bottom