• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US June 2022 NPD Results

reksveks

Summary
- Total HW down 8%,
- Total Accessories down 15%
- Total Software down 11%
- PS5 number #1 for June and H1 in terms of revenue, Switch number #1 for units
- June Revenue: PS5, Switch, XBS
- June Unit: Switch, PS5, XBS
- YTD Revenue: PS5, XBS, Switch
- YTD Units: Switch, XBS, PS5
- PS5 up 10% in June YoY
- ER #1 Game for June and YTD
- FF7R back to 9th after being 159th in May
- Mobile down 10.7% YOY (App Store still okay 0.16% growth YoY, Google Play less so)
- DualSense #1 units
- Elite #1 revenue YTD

Table of NPD results

XFk94iY.png

Last edited:

Kacho

Gold Member
Can you post the charts in the tweets? This goofball has tweets protected or something.

PS5 number #1 for June and H1 in terms of revenue

Both Xbox Series S/X and Switch were ahead a month ago...for PS5 to surpass both in a single month, stock must've been huge in June!

They basically erased the Xbox Seres S/X lead from the first half of the year in a single month, lmao.

Sony wasn't kidding when talking about stock getting better...

Last edited:

MrA

Banned
Xbox = COD literally. Replace ABK with Microsoft and most of the chart would Xbox first party.

Spiderman seems to be the voluntary game of choice of new ps5 owners
Elden Ring baller
But will the industry learn variety and quality is good or duurrrrr hire George rr Martin to do world building

Gambit2483

What's Xbox "big" game for the year? I haven't been keeping up lately. I know Sony = GOW, Nintendo = Pokemon/Bayo 3, but no idea what's coming for Xbox this year

Topher

Gold Member
- YTD Revenue: PS5, XBS, Switch
- YTD Units: Switch, XBS, PS5

It would be interesting if he could break those numbers down by model. Switch, Switch Lite, Switch OLED, XSS, XSX, PS5, PS5 DE

What's Xbox "big" game for the year? I haven't been keeping up lately. I know Sony = GOW, Nintendo = Pokemon/Bayo 3, but no idea what's coming for Xbox this year

Since Starfield was delayed there really isn't a big first party game for Xbox this year.

Last edited:
There isn't any. The last big Xbox game was Halo Infinite from last year. Which is an interesting title considering that it's dying as well.

Xbox next big AAA game is coming more than a year after their last big release basically.

Elden Ring is a giga beast, already among the top 10 best selling games of all time in the US. That's insane. They need to give us the DLC asap.

Miles is further establishing itself as the PS5 evergreen, it outsold Horizon in June.

Mario Strikers did decent in the land of handegg, I guess the game isn't the semi-bomba I thought it would be, especially considering it's selling really well in Europe.

Weird flex from Overwatch.

Quarry sales kinda disappointing, but also kinda expected.

Boy bawang

I've always wondered why US charts always put such emphasis on revenue rather than units, compared Japan charts for example where units are the only figure of merit considered.

What's going on here? Are Xbox gamers suddenly running out and buying all the call of duty games because of the acquisition? Or was there some sort of platform specific call of duty sale on?
Sometimes stereotypes are just right. Xbros vs PS waifus.

Jaybe

Decent numbers all around. Good to see all platforms healthy. YoY declines aren’t too shocking as we are coming off pandemic spike. Nice that ER and LEGO continue to stomp.

I can see where it would be difficult for Xbox to lead in revenue vs. PS. There are more XSS selling than DEs and at $100 less. They would need to outsell them by a good amount.
Yeah, it's a sizeable difference in average revenue per console. Xbox at $400 and PS5 at $470 or so (idk if we have actual numbers from USA).

Topher

Gold Member
I can see where it would be difficult for Xbox to lead in revenue vs. PS. There are more XSS selling than DEs and at $100 less. They would need to outsell them by a good amount.

So how do you think the model unit sales rank stack up between Xbox and PS? I'm guessing: 1) XSS 2) PS5 3) XSX 4) PS5 DE

Top Bottom