• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US NPD October 2021

Bullet Club

Switch #1 in hardware sales.
ey0pikC.jpg

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
Aww was hoping for Metroid at 1 or 2 but I guess 3 is good. Doesn't count digital either so likely it got (much?) higher?

They doubled Prime's launch numbers with physical only? Sounds pretty solid.

Last edited:

Chiggs

Far Cry 6 was very enjoyable, and I’m glad to see it take number 1.

I also can’t wait to watch the big, fat kimono-wearing losers traipse into this thread and offer up such cutting edge wit, like “Fart Dry” and “McDonald’s open world game design.”

Last edited:

Vagswarm

Marty-McFly

Banned
But if you figure in the popularity & success of the two systems + Dread launching with the OLED, it's not that impressive. At least not yet.
Selling over twice as much as the most popular Metroid is very impressive.

Prime did 3 million lifetime and was #1 in the series. So that would be a very healthy 5-10 million copies for Dread lifetime if we were to extrapolate the numbers

Last edited:

Bodomism

Banned
But if you figure in the popularity & success of the two systems + Dread launching with the OLED, it's not that impressive. At least not yet.
You can't do that kind of math here since Metroid is a special case for Nintendo game.

Metroid Other M on Wii(101M) flopped so hard while Prime on GCN(21M) succeeded

Last edited:

Marty-McFly

Banned
You can't do that kind of math here since Metroid is a special case for Nintendo game.

Metroid Other M on Wii(101M) flopped so hard while Prime on GCN(21M) succeeded
Doesn't that bode even more well for Dread (nearly 100 million Switch userbase and growing?) way more visibility and solid word of mouth in the age of the internet?

Its legs should be great.

Last edited:

Woopah

I think knowing the reasons behind a success doesn't take away from its impressiveness.

Bragr

Banned
854k in the U.S., 100k or so in Japan, maybe something like 300-500k in Europe, combined with the other regions, Dread might be sitting at 1.4 or 1.5 million worldwide. Maybe.

With the holidays, I can see Dread crossing 2 million before 2023. Hopefully. Who knows how the legs are gonna be on that one.

Dr Bass

854k in the U.S., 100k or so in Japan, maybe something like 300-500k in Europe, combined with the other regions, Dread might be sitting at 1.4 or 1.5 million worldwide. Maybe.

With the holidays, I can see Dread crossing 2 million before 2023. Hopefully. Who knows how the legs are gonna be on that one.
That 854 doesn't include digital either. I don't think any of these numbers do correct?

I know I bought it digitally, so ...

Lognor

Banned
That 854 doesn't include digital either. I don't think any of these numbers do correct?

I know I bought it digitally, so ...
The 854k figure likely does include digital since that number came directly from Nintendo. The sales figures outside of the US do not include digital.

Last edited:

Woopah

Animal Crossing seems to be hitting saturation if its now being outsold by Smash Bros (unless this is a Sora effect?)

Top Bottom