• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Utopia Syndrome - Beautiful Isometric Horror Game In The Vein Of Titles Like STASIS and Sanitarium. New Demo On Steam.

ss_449074d74e17ca658c3a6cc115b2768435d8faae.1920x1080.jpg

ss_ed0a3388a2b3f7b58f5c3814d0beeaf4066d8cb7.1920x1080.jpg

ss_894a19463460f66dd1495daade9f347f2746fc6e.1920x1080.jpg

Yesterday a demo for Utopia Syndrome became available on the game's steam page. If you're unfamiliar with Utopia Syndrome, it's an isometric horror adventure game. If you've played games like Sanitarium before, it has a similar feel. This is the passion project of talanted 3D artist Andrew Averkin who's done work for Dawn of War III, Days Gone and League of Legends. The game's official website has more info and there's extensive behind the scenes content if that's your thing.

In any case, I think the game looks awesome so it's definitely worth checking out the demo if you like adventure games or horror in general.

D.Final

Banned

ss_449074d74e17ca658c3a6cc115b2768435d8faae.1920x1080.jpg

ss_ed0a3388a2b3f7b58f5c3814d0beeaf4066d8cb7.1920x1080.jpg

ss_894a19463460f66dd1495daade9f347f2746fc6e.1920x1080.jpg

Yesterday a demo for Utopia Syndrome became available on the game's steam page. If you're unfamiliar with Utopia Syndrome, it's an isometric horror adventure game. If you've played games like Sanitarium before, it has a similar feel. This is the passion project of talanted 3D artist Andrew Averkin who's done work for Dawn of War III, Days Gone and League of Legends. The game's official website has more info and there's extensive behind the scenes content if that's your thing.

In any case, I think the game looks awesome so it's definitely worth checking out the demo if you like adventure games or horror in general.

Really cool

So I just got done playing the Demo. Man what an experience. It really left me wanting more. Great sound. Great voice acting. Great atmosphere. And it looks really pretty too, especially for such a small team...

I've got to say, I'm actually kind of jealous because a few months back I had been daydreaming of making a game like this if my coding ever took me in that direction, after I learn web dev. For days I'd think about designing a game just like this, but in a Harry Potter like setting...

Anyway, it's great and you guys should give it a try. People are comparing it to Stasis... I'm thinking I should play stasis.

However, from what I've seen this game has more micro detail and a camera that you can pan and zoom to some extent which is what really pulled me in. I love exploration. You can click on points of interest and can search them, collect and combine items and solve puzzles. The story seems pretty interesting as well but will have to play more before I know if it's something really unique. Regardless, I'm a sucker for this type of setup when it comes to horror movies and such so I'm happy so far.

Jesb

Mr. Ed's Member
I wish these games were all playable with my controller. I have stasis but never played it for this reason.

I wish these games were all playable with my controller. I have stasis but never played it for this reason.
All you need for the demo is a mouse. It's just point and click. Even the camera rotation is on mouse. Is there a reason you can't use a mouse?

Last edited:

Jesb

Mr. Ed's Member
All you need for the demo is a mouse. It's just point and click. Even the camera rotation is on mouse. Is there a reason you can't use a mouse?

My pc is in my living room. I just have a wired mouse and dont have a proper setup for it.

Last edited:
My pc is in my living room. I just have a wired mouse and font have a proper setup for it.
Mmm. Ok. I'd personally find it disconcerting to play a point and click with a controller. Especially since it looks like there are enemies in this game and you still have to point and click. So no movement by sticks or arrow keys.

I guess you could try to get a usb extender and see if you can use a book or something for a mousepad? lol I don't know man. You do you. It's just pretty cool and I wouldn't want something like that to be what made me miss out.

If you really want to you can use the steam gamepad options or DS4Windows (assuming you have a ps4 controller) to map the mouse controls to your gamepad. With DS4 you could even use the touchpad on the ps4 controller as the mouse.

It's not an ideal way to play an adventure game with point and click controls but you could do it.

Top Bottom