• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vaibhavpisal has an unhealthy obsession with middle aged CEO

Do I love Phil

• Total voters

Banjo64

cumsessed
Xbox players:

They already know. All of his initiatives from long term backwards compatibility commitment to studio acquisitions to compelling offering from gamepass, everything is rosy and in good shape. Xbox (and PC) is one platform where I feel confidence in building a long term digital library, that I can take to next systems, whenever they launch.

Nothing is rosy at all.

Everwild and Hellblade II were announced with trailers in 2019.

Avowed, Perfect Dark and Fable were announced with trailers in 2020.

All I know is that the man seemingly can’t manage the studios he has like Sony and Nintendo can.

Toots

Gold Member
Before you write it off, lemme make a case. Perhaps he is more focused on other, more important stuff that cannot be directly used as ammunition in console wars. He made a lot of moves that will benefit entire gaming fraternity for years to come.

Xbox players:

They already know. All of his initiatives from long term backwards compatibility commitment to studio acquisitions to compelling offering from gamepass, everything is rosy and in good shape. Xbox (and PC) is one platform where I feel confidence in building a long term digital library, that I can take to next systems, whenever they launch.

PC players:

They also have benefited from this new leadership. Not only do they get a compelling offering in gamepass, all xbox games also drop day 1 on PC, that too on steam. Before he was in charge, releases used to be sporadic. This consistency means you can invest in PC platform knowing their games will always be available.

PlayStation Players:

They felt effects of his policies directly just this month. When PS+ service offered, what is inarguably their best month in terms of adding content to the service. PS+ Extra/Premium offers
Horizon FW
Borderlands 3
Outriders .... among others
All heavy hitters, offered in a single month. Offering has uncanny resemblance to how Gamepass offers contents in a month. Bountiful. This is obviously in direct response/competition to gamepass. Again, his initiative.

Nintendo players:

What is biggest issue plaguing Nintendo players? Power of their hardware. While low power isn't exactly an issue per se, Series S is exceptional system, Nintendo hardware does cross a line. To a point, Dev's have to compromise their vision for games to work on the system as shown in Bayonetta 3.

Enter Lord Phil and his 10 years deal to put Call of Duty on the system. While Nintendo is fairly self sufficient when it comes to providing software for the system, even they cannot resist allure of IP like that. Which means they cannot skimp as heavily on system specs, if they want a good enough version of the game running on their system. Nintendo players will benefit immeasurably by this.

So I think overall his impact on industry is gonna be long lasting and will benefit players across all platforms. Might be a good idea to stop clowning him and show some respect.
Stop the hagiography dude...
We got that gaming is a religion to you from your avatar, no proselytism required.

GHG

Gold Member
That thread title change.

AdmiredEachJackal-size_restricted.gif

eeW0uMU.png

Before you write it off, lemme make a case. Perhaps he is more focused on other, more important stuff that cannot be directly used as ammunition in console wars. He made a lot of moves that will benefit entire gaming fraternity for years to come.

Xbox players:

PC players:

They also have benefited from this new leadership. Not only do they get a compelling offering in gamepass, all xbox games also drop day 1 on PC, that too on steam. Before he was in charge, releases used to be sporadic. This consistency means you can invest in PC platform knowing their games will always be available.

PlayStation Players:

They felt effects of his policies directly just this month. When PS+ service offered, what is inarguably their best month in terms of adding content to the service. PS+ Extra/Premium offers
Horizon FW
Borderlands 3
All heavy hitters, offered in a single month. Offering has uncanny resemblance to how Gamepass offers contents in a month. Bountiful. This is obviously in direct response/competition to gamepass. Again, his initiative.

Nintendo players:

What is biggest issue plaguing Nintendo players? Power of their hardware. While low power isn't exactly an issue per se, Series S is exceptional system, Nintendo hardware does cross a line. To a point, Dev's have to compromise their vision for games to work on the system as shown in Bayonetta 3.

Enter Lord Phil and his 10 years deal to put Call of Duty on the system. While Nintendo is fairly self sufficient when it comes to providing software for the system, even they cannot resist allure of IP like that. Which means they cannot skimp as heavily on system specs, if they want a good enough version of the game running on their system. Nintendo players will benefit immeasurably by this.

So I think overall his impact on industry is gonna be long lasting and will benefit players across all platforms. Might be a good idea to stop clowning him and show some respect.

BlackTron

Yeah I remember being like this. Miyamoto and Yuji Naka were Gods among men who could do no wrong. I hung on their every word and had visions of their future games. They were infallible and I was committed to getting every single thing they worked on for the rest of their lives. It wasn't long after that puberty began.

Barakov

Gold Member

Xbox players:

PC players:

PlayStation Players:

Horizon FW
Borderlands 3

Nintendo players:

WGhsJQq.jpg

nial

Gold Member
Honestly, those reacting with positive emojis are way funnier; it tells you there are people with the same mindset as OP.

GymWolf

A lot of people in this topic right now

phil-spencer.gif

Let the dude apprecciate what he likes, even something slightly mental like Phil, who cares?

Top Bottom