• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valorant launches in full, available to everyone, on June 2nd

Even though it's not yet fully available to the masses, Riot's tactical shooter Valorant has been making plenty of headlines since the closed beta launched in April. And soon you'll be able to see what all the fuss is about, as the game launches in full on 2nd June.

The closed beta will wrap up on 28th May, and once the full game is live, players who participated in the beta will start afresh so that everyone's on a level playing field.

To celebrate the launch, players can also expect to find new game content, a new game mode, and a new map on launch day.

I haven't played the game yet, so am looking forward to the full launch to check it out. I liked OW for a long time, I am just now getting into APEX, I played CS a lot back in the day, maybe this will be right up my alley?

Edit

Also, for what it's worth, I dunno if this situation has improved at all or not....

Last edited:

Aion002

This looks so bad... It doesn't know if it want to be Overwatch or Counter Strike while looking like a chinese mobile fps.

TheContact

This looks so bad... It doesn't know if it want to be Overwatch or Counter Strike while looking like a chinese mobile fps.

It's a very fun game, but probably just not for you. It's probably 70% CS and 30% Overwatch in terms of mechanics/teamplay etc... To me, as someone who has put in over 3k hours into CS and 1.5k into OW, this game is very fun. You may not like the art style, but it has a very "clean" presentation, and because of the "cartoonish" art style, it's able to run on lower-end PCs without significant performance issues. Blizzard likes this route as well, you saw it with WoW and still do. I would just say don't knock it 'till you try it. If you don't like CS, though, you're probably not going to enjoy this at all.

Aion002

It's a very fun game, but probably just not for you. It's probably 70% CS and 30% Overwatch in terms of mechanics/teamplay etc... To me, as someone who has put in over 3k hours into CS and 1.5k into OW, this game is very fun. You may not like the art style, but it has a very "clean" presentation, and because of the "cartoonish" art style, it's able to run on lower-end PCs without significant performance issues. Blizzard likes this route as well, you saw it with WoW and still do. I would just say don't knock it 'till you try it. If you don't like CS, though, you're probably not going to enjoy this at all.
I love CS.

But... I don't know....I have a bad feeling about this one.

I will sure try it. Thanks for the positive opinion about it.

Xeaker

I am interested in this game but I don't want to install this anti-cheat software which runs when I start my PC.

Top Bottom