• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve in collaboration with HP on a new VR headset which will "set new standards" in the VR industry

Shai-Tan

Banned
VR is taking off. The problem is that PCVR is not as much. I go look at amount of reviews for different games and there's like 10x more reviews on Quest. I think PCVR games will only pick up when PSVR 2 comes out on PS5. It's still great, just not if you're into games with AAA polish/content

nemiroff

Gold Member
I suspect Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 is going to sell more VR headsets than any other game has done so far. The Reverb G2 is going to be mine as soon as it's released.

Romulus

I suspect Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 is going to sell more VR headsets than any other game has done so far. The Reverb G2 is going to be mine as soon as it's released.

The clarity is insane. I just saw the huge difference in the G2 side by side with Rift S, and I was already impressed the Rift S.

zcaa0g

Banned
VR didn't sell me until sitting in a virtual cockpit of cars and aircraft. That's when it was a truly holy shit moment.

FireFly

We would need a graphics card that can drive it at 2160x4320 @ 90 Hz, though right? It looks like even on High settings a 2080 Ti was struggling to maintain 60 FPS at 4K in the DF video.

nemiroff

Gold Member
We would need a graphics card that can drive it at 2160x4320 @ 90 Hz, though right? It looks like even on High settings a 2080 Ti was struggling to maintain 60 FPS at 4K in the DF video.

You can run it at the resolution you want and at the detail settings you want. There are also other techniques to accelerate VR graphics and even run at lower rendering frequency if you're ok with a bit visual side effect.

Last edited:
Top Bottom