• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Variety] Evan Rachel Wood Alleges Marilyn Manson Abused Her

Kimahri

Banned
There's a difference between some girl tattooing and a guy who quite literally worships satan in his music and art that's heard by millions. I have no idea why you are defending something you seem to have no knowledge of. Or you do and are just playing dumb.
What is that west memphis three case supposed to prove? Have you seen Damien Echols and who he hangs with? Quite the shady characters, also all coincidentally covered in satanic and occult tattoos. Just a coincidence, I'm sure.
Okay pal. I got into Manson in the mid 90s,and I've been a fan since. Although most of his later stuff is pretty weak.

Show me the songs where he worships satan.

Ionian

When I was a kid, my Aunt's husband abused my younger sister. Used to lock me in the garden to do it.

Took her 20 years later to tell me. I was devastated and still am. It seriously scarred her. (was in the hospital for her attempted suicide before she told me).

Then I remembered he tried it on me too. It either didn't work or I have it blocked out. I only remember parts.

Once she told me I tried to find him to murder him. I couldn't. He was off the map.

I can understand why she didn't say it sooner.

Last edited:
Have you looked at his tattoos and jewellery? The guy literally has pentagrams and satanic sigils tattooed all over himself. Maybe educate yourself first before making fun of something.
Dude. Manson is like lullabies when compared to other more extreme metal bands. Most metal bands have tats and wear so called "satanic" outfits and fashion. That doesn't mean that they're satanists, it's just a thing that goes with that type of music. It's always been like that.

Dude. Manson is like lullabies when compared to other more extreme metal bands. Most metal bands have tats and wear so called "satanic" outfits and fashion. That doesn't mean that they're satanists, it's just a thing that goes with that type of music. It's always been like that.
They either worship satan knowingly or unknowingly. Most of them definitely do it knowingly though. Metal music is filled with anti-religious sentiment. I know because I used to listen to it too. Do you really think it's a coincidence that nearly all metal bands have the same subject matter and style?

jufonuk

not tag worthy
46170e219673232643c5086234340ffb.jpg
The Wonder Years Hello GIF

Also never was the same person.

Last edited:

Peggies

Gold Member
Look at his album names and song titles, that alone should be enough. I'm not posting it here because I don't want to spread his filth.
Wtf? I don't want to be rude but how old are you? I was listening to Manson when I was 13. It's really not that big a deal.

They either worship satan knowingly or unknowingly. Most of them definitely do it knowingly though. Metal music is filled with anti-religious sentiment. I know because I used to listen to it too. Do you really think it's a coincidence that nearly all metal bands have the same subject matter and style?
Being anti religious and worshipping satan are two completely different things.
I rarely find satanic messages in metal music. Maybe if you're into black metal sure but the rest, nah.
Fun fact, a lot of bands are actually catholic. Take a look at As I lay Dying for example, they have tats and brutal music but they're all catholic. Just a fun fact.

Wtf? I don't want to be rude but how old are you? I was listening to Manson when I was 13. It's really not that big a deal.
Older than you. Well maybe because you were listening from 13 you think it isn't a big deal, because you don't know any better. But bring that music to any pious religious establishment or even a (religious or non-religious ) standard family and you're thrown out quicker than you can blink, because they actually recognize it for what it is. Filth that has no place in a healthy mind.

Last edited:

showernota

No. I just find it ridiculous to say that some wimp like Manson is a Satanist just because he likes to dress up and therefore has to be a rapist.
A wimp can't be a satanist? Is there like a toughness requirement?

Do any of you assume someone in a MAGA hat voted for drumpf? Do you think someone wearing a BLM shirt agrees with Kendi?

Some of the people in this thread seem really defensive, either about Manson or about satanism, I can't tell.

Last edited:

Kimahri

Banned

You can be anti-religious without being satanic.

Okay, I'll throw you a bone, his second album is named "antichrist superstar". Another coincidence, I'm sure.
Yeah, I know. I listened to it like 200 times when I was 15. Not one song contains satan worship. It's a concept album depicting the rise and fall of the titular character "antichrist superstar".

Older than you. Well maybe because you were listening from 13 you think it isn't a big deal, because you don't know any better. But bring that music to any pious religious establishment and you're thrown out quicker than you can blink, because they actually recognize it for what it is. Filth that has no place in a healthy mind.
Will they throw me out if I bring this band?

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
When I was a kid, my Aunt's husband abused my younger sister. Used to lock me in the garden to do it.

Took her 20 years later to tell me. I was devastated and still am. It seriously scarred her. (was in the hospital for her attempted suicide before she told me).

Then I remembered he tried it on me too. It either didn't work or I have it blocked out. I only remember parts.

Once she told me I tried to find him to murder him. I couldn't. He was off the map.

I can understand why she didn't say it sooner.
Rapes fuck you, that's for sure, I never really wanted to commit suicide, but than again I commited sort of assisted one, where I drunk myself over the years to death.

Being anti religious and worshipping satan are two completely different things.
I rarely find satanic messages in metal music. Maybe if you're into black metal sure but the rest, nah.
Fun fact, a lot of bands are actually catholic. Take a look at As I lay Dying for example, they have tats and brutal music but they're all catholic. Just a fun fact.
Worshipping satan isn't just proclaiming that you worship satan, it's done in many ways. The same goes for worshipping God, who you can worship in many ways just by being mindful of Him.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I know he was calling himself the god of fuck at one stage. I mean shit I don’t know what to believe anymore if he did this to that poor girl. then fuck him.
He always tried to make himself out to be more intelligent than other people in his interviews. Etc.
Not a major fan of his. But I hope if he is guilty he gets convicted

Last edited:

Ionian

Rapes fuck you, that's for sure, I never really wanted to commit suicide, but than again I commited sort of assisted one, where I drunk myself over the years to death.

Good to still have you here my good man.

Sto lat as they say in Polish. Know you're a Slav so will probably get that.

Non-slavs, means 100 years of health. I'm not Slav myself, missus is though.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Good to still have you here my good man.

Sto lat as they say in Polish. Know you're a Slav so will probably get that.

Non-slavs, means 100 years of health. I'm not Slav myself, missus is though.
We have something different and it's pretty positive:

Peggies

Gold Member
Older than you. Well maybe because you were listening from 13 you think it isn't a big deal, because you don't know any better. But bring that music to any pious religious establishment or even a (religious or non-religious ) standard family and you're thrown out quicker than you can blink, because they actually recognize it for what it is. Filth that has no place in a healthy mind.
What's a standard family in your opinion? I'm 36.Both my parents are doctors, my brothers are a doctor and a cell biologist and I'm managing the library of a university. And you know what? I have tattoos. Even a billy goat :messenger_face_screaming:.

You can be anti-religious without being satanic.

Yeah, I know. I listened to it like 200 times when I was 15. Not one song contains satan worship. It's a concept album depicting the rise and fall of the titular character "antichrist superstar".
Sure it doesn't. Just because you don't recognize it doesn't mean he and people that DO worship him see it for what it is.
What's a standard family in your opinion? I'm 36.Both my parents are doctors, my brothers are a doctor and a cell biologist and I'm managing the library of a university. And you know what? I have tattoos. Even a billy goat :messenger_face_screaming:.
Standard family would be people that mainly follow mainstream culture and definitely don't listen metal of any kind. They are usually turned off right away by anything metal.

Well, what inspired you to get that tattoo? Tattoos themself are basically satan worship, regardless of their theme. Why would you deface your God-given body for fun?

Here's how we muslims view tattoos.

"It was narrated that Abu Juhayfah (may Allah be pleased with him) said: 'The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) cursed the one who does tattoos and the one who has a tattoo done.' "
Although the reasons for the prohibition are not mentioned in the Sahih Bukhari, scholars have outlined various possibilities and arguments:

Tattooing is considered mutilating the body, thus changing Allah's creation
The process of getting a tattoo inflicts unnecessary pain and introduces the possibility of infection
Tattoos cover the natural body and are, therefore, a form of "deception"
Also, non-believers often adorn themselves this way, so getting tattoos is a form or imitating the kuffar (non-believers).

Last edited:

Kimahri

Banned
Sure it doesn't. Just because you don't recognize it doesn't mean he and people that DO worship him see it for what it is.

Standard family would be people that mainly follow mainstream culture and definitely don't listen metal of any kind. They are usually turned off right away by anything metal.
You remind me of the last time jehovas witnesses came at my door. Equally close minded and locked in their ignorant ways.

You remind me of the last time jehovas witnesses came at my door. Equally close minded and locked in their ignorant ways.

You see it as close mindedness and ignorance because you lack in knowledge. Those "puritans" fighting back at rock and roll back in the days knew exactly what rock music stood for. They weren't ignorant or dumb, they were more informed than the people listening to it.
They just knew how to recognize it because their religion warned them exactly of what rock and roll brought to the table, and now look what rock and roll has evolved into. Guys with leather costumes and painted faces playing horrendous noise while screeching about how they hate christianity or God. I used to listen to metal and think nothing of it as I got into more and more extreme metal, but once you see it for what it actually is you grow a distaste for it and realize that those people are 100% unironically worshipping satan.

Last edited:
There's a difference between some girl tattooing and a guy who quite literally worships satan in his music and art that's heard by millions. I have no idea why you are defending something you seem to have no knowledge of. Or you do and are just playing dumb.
What is that west memphis three case supposed to prove? Have you seen Damien Echols and who he hangs with? Quite the shady characters, also all coincidentally covered in satanic and occult tattoos. Just a coincidence, I'm sure.

I mean there is nothing wrong with worshiping satan as long as no one get's hurt it's just a made up believe like every other and he's a La Veyan Satanist (in fact he even banged his daughter) which is more like a philosophy then an actual worship of some evil entity which doesn't even exist.
He's very likely just a psychopath which is a mental disorder and has nothing to do with religion or philosophy.

Last edited:

Peggies

Gold Member

Well, what inspired you to get that tattoo? Tattoos themself are basically satan worship, regardless of their theme. Why would you deface your God-given body for fun?

Here's how we muslims view tattoos.
oh my god omg GIF

First of all, I couldn't care less about what Muslims or any other stupid religion says about tattoos and second of all, I don’t want to be a member of any kind of family that "doesn't do this and doesn' like that".

My parents think tattoos are stupid and my music loving daddy laughed at me for listening to Manson when I was young but they would never have judged me or forbade it to me because that's how psychos are born.

showernota

You see it as close mindedness and ignorance because you lack in knowledge. Those "puritans" fighting back at rock and roll back in the days knew exactly what rock music stood for. They weren't ignorant or dumb, they were more informed than the people listening to it.
They just knew how to recognize it because their religion warned them exactly of what rock and roll brought to the table, and now look what rock and roll has evolved into. Guys with leather costumes and painted faces playing horrendous noise while screeching about how they hate christianity or God. I used to listen to metal and think nothing of it as I got into more and more extreme metal, but once you see it for what it actually is you grow a distaste for it and realize that those people are 100% unironically worshipping satan.
You're just going to get a bunch of paroxysmal replies from millennials who haven't forgiven their Christian fundamentalist (lol they weren't) parents for not letting them listen to the music they wanted growing up. They're stuck with an unchanging word outlook that the 80s/90s never ended, and their popular culture and enjoyment is threatened by Christianity. They know those types of people are in the severe minority now, but when they come across one they still feel the overwhelming shame/guilt they felt as a child for wanting to do what they were raised is wrong.

Last edited:
I mean there is nothing wrong with worshiping satan as long as no one get's hurt it's just a made up believe like every other and he's a La Veyan Satanist (in fact he even banged his daughter) which is more like a philosophy then an actual worship of some evil entity which doesn't even exist.
No, by worshipping satan you are actually committing on of the most heinous of sins. You deny your creator, who created you and everything in existence, and you worship something that has absolutely no power over anything in the end. You deny the favors He has given you and you deny the worship He deserves.
Christians called it Idolatry and in islam it's known as shirk. One who knowingly commits this and dies after never repenting for it pretty much is doomed to hell.

Last edited:
No, by worshipping satan you are actually committing on of the most heinous of sins. You deny your creator, who created you and everything in existence, and you worship something that has absolutely no power over anything in the end. You deny the favors He has given you and you deny the worship He deserves.

Yeah well you kinda have to believe in this for it to make any sense and this goes of course for any kind of made up faith be it Satanism, Christianity,Islam,Judaism or the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Last edited:
Christians called it Idolatry and in islam it's known as shirk. One who knowingly commits this and dies after never repenting for it pretty much is doomed to hell.
Am I going to hell because I listen to metal? I'll repent bro if that's necessary.

Yeah well you kinda have to believe in this for it to make any sense this goes for any kind of made up faith be it Satanism, Christianity or the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
So if you don't believe in Satan or any deity really, why would you worship them? It's just fairytales right? Maybe it's because we humans have a natural inclination for worshipping. And who is more deserving of this worship than the one who created you and all that you hold dear?
Those questions of where we came from and might have been answered for you by "science", but they are still not actually answered. Why do you exist? By coincidence? Did atoms just somehow shape themselves into what we know as our world? What force drives these atoms? What force drives evolution? Bacteria somehow became more and more and now we have civilization. That's actually more far-fetched than us being created by a God.
Am I going to hell because I listen to metal? I'll repent bro if that's necessary.
Depends, do you worship them or whatever they worship along with them?

Last edited:

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Depending on when their relationship started, it's pretty plausible that a teenage girl could be enamored and abused by someone like Manson who certainly had a lot of power both in wealth and as an influencer. He was still able to make money selling CDs so he probably did better than most.

These things are always difficult because here we are 15 years later with little evidence and no other corroborating accusers. So you have to look at their motivations and if there's any room for misunderstanding or different interpretations of the events that happened.

I know you're a Muslim but literally every Christian church I've attended in the past decade or more has had some form of rock band leading the worship service. Yeah they're not playing thrash metal but people in the 50s and 60s would have clutched pearls about it.

Rock and roll is also about as dead as disco so it didn't really evolve into anything other than more country or hipster music. It peaked in "hard" with nu metal in the late 90s and early 00s and got absorbed into other genres. Metal itself went pretty underground over the past couple decades when it couldn't cling onto the nu metal acts anymore.

That all said - sometimes song lyrics are an act and sometimes they're coming from a legitimate place. Rammstein and Metallica are two of my favorite bands and like 95% of the time their lyrics are edgy nonsense and I'm just there for the overall sound. In this particular case, maybe some of the more graphic sexuality Manson portrayed in his music had some truth to it?

So if you don't believe in Satan or any deity really, why would you worship them? It's just fairytales right? Maybe it's because we humans have a natural inclination for worshipping. And who is more deserving of this worship than the one who created you and all that you hold dear?
Those questions of where we came from and might have been answered for you by "science", but they are still not actually answered. Why do you exist? By coincidence? Did atoms just somehow shape themselves into what we know as our world? What force drives these atoms? What force drives evolution?

I had inverted crosses in my house. But not anymore.

Anyway, I'm tired and I'm messing with ya. You believe what you want and it's all great. I'm off to bed.
Good night to yall.

Peggies

Gold Member
I had inverted crosses in my house. But not anymore.

Anyway, I'm tired and I'm messing with ya. You believe what you want and it's all great. I'm off to bed.
Good night to yall.
Good night! Sleep well, you dirty Satan worshiping bastard you.

Those questions of where we came from and might have been answered for you by "science", but they are still not actually answered. Why do you exist? By coincidence? Did atoms just somehow shape themselves into what we know as our world? What force drives these atoms? What force drives evolution? Bacteria somehow became more and more and now we have civilization. That's actually more far-fetched than us being created by a God.

LaVeyan Satanism is a philosophy they don't worship Satan they aspire to be like him, LaVeyan Satanists are Atheists it's like Confucianism.
I personally don't believe in anything supernatural but i do believe philosophy and science can bring us closer to the truth then religion ever could.

Last edited:
Top Bottom