• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Variety] Evan Rachel Wood Alleges Marilyn Manson Abused Her

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Always hated his music and image but found him oddly charming whenever he'd go on Letterman.

Hoping justice gets served either way.

teezzy

Banned
I stopped listening to his albums after Mechanical Animals, they were so boring...
Is We Are Chaos in line with Antichrist Superstar / Mechanical Animals?
I heard he was anti-satan now so I expected the new album to still be boring...
(not that he was ever Satanic as some people seem to think here, most of Antichrist Superstar is more political than satanic).

It's the closes thing hes ever released to a Brian Warner album yet

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Just read the article and, colour me shocked, as per usual zero substance.

Her bad experience being him referring to a certain room as his "rape room". Which she says she then put down to his "horrible frat-boy, sense of humour", but of course now, he couldn't have been anything but literal!

Zangiefy360

Banned
Did Manson recently come out as a conservative or something?

I find it fascinating who #MeToo movements nails to the wall versus those that it lets slide.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Surprised anyone considers themselves a Marilyn Manson fan. He hasn't been relevent since like 1998.

I really enjoy his triptych concept albums, Antichrist Superstar, Mechanical Animals and Holywood. I really enjoy the idea of a narrative enforced over a trilogy of albums, and that was the best era for his lyricism. Lots of references to older bodies of work from The Beatles, &c. And lots of double meaning and wordplay.

New stuff is pretty samey to me. Boring.

Kimahri

Banned
I've been somewhat keeping up with events, and there are so many weird holes in the accusers' stories that it's all very suspect. Very interested to see what comes out of this. Long time fan of Manson so not gonna deny I hope he's vindicated and didn't do this, but I guess we'll see. It's one of those cases where piling on a lynchmob just seems very unwise.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
This was a very weird case. It's clear that he was abusive but this wasnt a Harvey Weinstein or Bill Cosby kind of hotel room rape either. All of these women were in consensual relationships with him, and continued to stay with him even after he locked them up in his Bad Girls room, or whipped them. The guy is clearly crazy and was very open about almost all of this stuff even in interviews. No one cared back then because everyone knew the girls he was dating were crazy enough to be with a guy who had AIDS written over his bed, vagina pics and blood everywhere in his house. Evan Rachel Wood married him despite all of this and of course ten years later she realizes it was abusive, and it clearly was, but that was literally the nature of their relationship.

The man is a psychopath and made a career out of it. He also used it to get troubled women in bed. Some stayed with him for 2 years like that game of thrones actress. ERW actually fucking married him. You gotta wonder just wtf were they thinking. They might be able to cancel him, but there is no way they are going to convince any jury that any of this wasnt consensual. He might actually win this case.

chromhound

This was a very weird case. It's clear that he was abusive but this wasnt a Harvey Weinstein or Bill Cosby kind of hotel room rape either. All of these women were in consensual relationships with him, and continued to stay with him even after he locked them up in his Bad Girls room, or whipped them. The guy is clearly crazy and was very open about almost all of this stuff even in interviews. No one cared back then because everyone knew the girls he was dating were crazy enough to be with a guy who had AIDS written over his bed, vagina pics and blood everywhere in his house. Evan Rachel Wood married him despite all of this and of course ten years later she realizes it was abusive, and it clearly was, but that was literally the nature of their relationship.

The man is a psychopath and made a career out of it. He also used it to get troubled women in bed. Some stayed with him for 2 years like that game of thrones actress. ERW actually fucking married him. You gotta wonder just wtf were they thinking. They might be able to cancel him, but there is no way they are going to convince any jury that any of this wasnt consensual. He might actually win this case.
She will maybe try to say she was forced to marry him

Peggies

Gold Member
I love Satan.
Me too. He's a good guy.

animation domination satan GIF by gifnews

JonSnowball

Manson posted the court documents on Twitter:

They've got an FBI agent confirming Evan Rachel Wood faked a letter from the FBI that was sent to supposed victims who came forward after the fact stating they were in danger, and screenshots of them coming up with the idea via text message...and a checklist they sent out to potential accusers. Seems like another Amber Heard style thing..

Copy of the checklist:
lsjNOpa.png

Copy of the letter Evan Rachel Wood and friend sent out to "potential victims" under the guise of an FBI agent, confirmed from supposed agent no letter was ever distributed:

UnnDcOS.png

Now that the evidence Manson presented is making the rounds, the co-accuser is attempting to claim they have copyright over the images. Too funny.

Never stick your dick in crazy.

Last edited:

Ionian

Was looking for a video from 'Kevin Mcaleer' that had a skit that summed up my reaction to this. "Well, now that's a turnip for the books".

As for Manson, well, he certainly took his time counter-suing. Hard to believe either side with the deluge of accusations, especially when his accusers dated him for years but only had issues way after the fact (I spoke previously in the thread about why a victim may take time to come forward earlier in the thread) but in light of the new news the water gets even murkier which is regrettable for everyone involved.

Manson always struck me as a weirdo thanks to the persona he willingly cultivated for himself and media output .He's hardly been a stranger to tales from ex-bandmates, other musicians and even Trent Reznor so curious how this plays out.

On a lighter side-note, while I couldn't find the Kevin McAleer (Irish comedian from a long long time ago with a HEAVY accent). Heres's one of his videos. Has nothing to do with the thread so not trying to de-rail but just I mentioned him; some Irish folks may remember the part I was looking for which isn't this. Again not trying to rail but I laughed. (Kinda how I reacted when I read the update but it is a tangent).

Last edited:
Top Bottom