• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VERGE:Phil Spencer told Sony back in January that Microsoft would keep Call of Duty on PlayStation for “several years” after current deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

coastel

I had a PS3 that gen, but I don't recall maps and modes being held back on the PS3. Could have been and I wouldn't have noticed since I had all that stuff day one.

Nah. Once the Xbox gets exclusive betas, first release of content, etc. it will be the place to play COD. The base will move to Xbox, same as what happened in the 360 days. PS will still play a big part, but majority will be on Xbox.
Yea but honestly I can't see it being a massive game chamger unless it goes exclusive only. I've no horse in this race but I'll say I 100% prefer PS exclusives but Bethesda games are up there for me.

Anyway I do hope they keep it multi plat and just add platform exclusive content.

Lognor

Banned
Yea but honestly I can't see it being a massive game chamger unless it goes exclusive only. I've no horse in this race but I'll say I 100% prefer PS exclusives but Bethesda games are up there for me.

Anyway I do hope they keep it multi plat and just add platform exclusive content.
We've seen it be a massive game changer before. No reason to believe it wouldn't be again. Cod is still hugely popular.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I had a PS3 that gen, but I don't recall maps and modes being held back on the PS3. Could have been and I wouldn't have noticed since I had all that stuff day one.
Once again, gamer amnesia.

Sony did the VERY SAME DEAL the 360 had. They just flip/flopped.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
You forgot mobile devices in the fix.

If game pass would come to playstation (which it never will since Sony won't accept the store within game pass), then why would you buy an Xbox?

I could imagine on one or 2 generations the Xbox is basically a PC with Xbox storefront,native keyboard mouse support etc.

The xbox would still be relevant since you have to pay 3 times the series x price for a similar performance, at least in my country.

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
Once again, gamer amnesia.

Sony did the VERY SAME DEAL the 360 had. They just flip/flopped.
Fair point. I played COD, but wasn't a diehard fan like some.

But I think I made that point earlier in the thread that these diehard fans will buy the console that gets these additional perks. The 360 was the place to play COD because of that content. Then Sony bought it for PS4 and PS5, but once Microsoft has that leverage again that audience will move back to Xbox. They're very fickle.

Banjo64

cumsessed
At least one of the people in CMA is completely biased. Don’t know what are the legal options here, but MS should consider bringing this to court - this deal is not going forward otherwise.

OIP.Yl638z9GaSwAXYj9r57fLQAAAA

Tsaki

At least one of the people in CMA is completely biased. Don’t know what are the legal options here, but MS should consider bringing this to court - this deal is not going forward otherwise.
I'm not really knowledgeable in this, but I have seen being said that there is no court after the CMA. If the CMA rejects something, there is no system where they go to a judge and they overrule the CMA's decision. If I am misunderstanding, someone please educate me on this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom