• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VFX_Veteran got a PS5!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please no.

He is biased towards technical side of things. Doesnt care about art style.

Its a different type of fanboyism and has nothing to do with securing a ps5.

Calling some amazing looking games "last gen" (which is a derogatory term) doesnt help.
Attach your CV here. Otherwise, your opinion <<< facts.

He's laid out graphical analysis on several games already, no need to throw your insults in here.

Last edited:
The guy doesnt even know that his PS5 is upside down, you cant make this shit up lol. He once said he could make better videos than Digital Foundry and that he will. Yeah nobody gave a shit about that and he was booed off the forum.

The fact that VFX ever got banned and yet the imbeciles who said Baldur's Gate 3 looks like Uncharted didn't speaks volumes about this community.

I LOVE art style! I think Ghosts looks better than Demon Souls simply because of it's superb art direction!

I will admit that I'm very picky.
While you may have this covered already, I don't want you to wake up 2 weeks from now, only to realize....

Your dualsense has been listening to everything.

Might want to turn it off, as it's always on by default.

Rea

Congrats dude, enjoy some of the generation defining games on playstation. After all that, your are gonna be less biased towards PC lol. The 1st thing you will notice immediately and the most stand out is, the lighting in demon's souls. It is not even the textures.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Kermit GIF

What the fuck are you talking about?
I had a couple of interactions with VFx in Sony threads and he was always correcting me about how PC is better for this or that. I don't know his full history sorry for triggering you.

Way too soon. Fast load times are meh. I need to see how it transfers texture data directly to the VRAM. That'll be awhile I'm afraid.
Demon's souls already does this. They constantly stream new data during gameplay just before it's needed like the way Cerny told us in his presentation. Just read Bluepoing interview about it. This is why the density of assets (geometry + textures) is so impressive in this game.

And congrats for your PS5!

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Banned
What's up Sony-peeps!! I had to break down and get me one! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Zn6lViJ.jpg

Why you ask??

Sony has impressed me throughout the years with their exclusive titles that cater to my own personality. I love several of their games from the studios that have good talent! But there are two main reasons I pulled the plug and got one:

1) I'm a very impatient fella and I just can't wait for some of the exclusive games to come on the PC! While it's up in the air which ones will land on the PC, I have grown too eager to play some of the hits. I was going to wait on Ghosts but who knows when that will arrive, so I had to buy it. I am a Japan-loving samurai nut and I couldn't wait any longer! One of my ex-coworkers that works at Sucker Punch would NOT tell me if it was going to be ported to PC, so I gave up asking. Demon Souls will probably kick my ass so I don't see finishing that game up at all. But I was tired of looking at compressed youtube videos of the game and want to experience it for myself.

2) There are several reviewers out there like NXGamer and DF that do very good analysis of games on the consoles. They have the equipment to pixel count and evaluate graphics features for their respective employers. But I like to examine games on my own using my own experience and can probably shed more light on some of the tricky techniques implemented in these games.

Lastly, my friend who used to work for ND got picked up by Sony - the company to work with several studios. He also had an influence on convincing me to pick up one!:messenger_beaming:

So there you have it! I now have the entire videogame sandbox. With PC (compatible with the Xbox) and PS5, I should be well prepared to experience what this generation has to offer.

Cheers!

P.S. Can the PS5 controller work on a PC? It is totally bad-ass!
I did the exact opposite thing: cancelled my PS5 pre-order and went PC only.

I am fully convinced that by the end of this gen, all PS exclusives will also be coming to PC, and play better. As a result - since I now invest on powerful desktop gaming PCs - I see no reason to buy one anymore.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
What's up Sony-peeps!! I had to break down and get me one! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Zn6lViJ.jpg

Why you ask??

Sony has impressed me throughout the years with their exclusive titles that cater to my own personality. I love several of their games from the studios that have good talent! But there are two main reasons I pulled the plug and got one:

1) I'm a very impatient fella and I just can't wait for some of the exclusive games to come on the PC! While it's up in the air which ones will land on the PC, I have grown too eager to play some of the hits. I was going to wait on Ghosts but who knows when that will arrive, so I had to buy it. I am a Japan-loving samurai nut and I couldn't wait any longer! One of my ex-coworkers that works at Sucker Punch would NOT tell me if it was going to be ported to PC, so I gave up asking. Demon Souls will probably kick my ass so I don't see finishing that game up at all. But I was tired of looking at compressed youtube videos of the game and want to experience it for myself.

2) There are several reviewers out there like NXGamer and DF that do very good analysis of games on the consoles. They have the equipment to pixel count and evaluate graphics features for their respective employers. But I like to examine games on my own using my own experience and can probably shed more light on some of the tricky techniques implemented in these games.

Lastly, my friend who used to work for ND got picked up by Sony - the company to work with several studios. He also had an influence on convincing me to pick up one!:messenger_beaming:

So there you have it! I now have the entire videogame sandbox. With PC (compatible with the Xbox) and PS5, I should be well prepared to experience what this generation has to offer.

Cheers!

P.S. Can the PS5 controller work on a PC? It is totally bad-ass!

30a1945b0ecfe654335e9d5d697bb4e8.gif

BigLee74

Thought that was a paper bag the games were lying on top of. 😂

I’ll get one someday, but only after a radical redesign!

SkylineRKR

use DS4Windows
you can even set some Trigger Effects. you can have a click at the end, which can be used to simulate something like the Triggers of a GameCube controller for GC Emulation

just make sure to turn off the ridiculous "anti dead zone" setting... set it to 0, it completely fucks with your aim in shooters and generally your inputs.

Why do you need DS4 windows?

I used it for some emulated games by just connecting it to bluetooth. Unlike DS4 this worked straight out of the gate. Or is compatibility different for actual PC games?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom