• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[VG Tech] Destruction AllStars PS5 Frame Rate Test

From VG Tech:

Destruction AllStars PS5 frame rate test showing the framerate/fps on PlayStation 5.
Subscribe for more gaming tech analysis: http://bit.ly/VGTechSubscribe

The version tested was 1.000.002.
PS5 uses a dynamic resolution with the highest native resolution found being approximately 3264x1836 and the lowest native resolution found being approximately 2304x1296. Native resolution pixel counts at 3264x1836 seem to be rare. A form of temporal reconstruction is used to increase the resolution up to approximately 3264x1836 when rendering natively below this resolution. The UI is rendered at a resolution of 3840x2160.

Stats: http://bit.ly/3reEkB5 Frames Pixel Counted: http://bit.ly/2L5y92W

Watch in 4K and 60fps for the best experience. Please consider liking and sharing the video if you enjoyed it.

PlatformsPS5
Frame Amounts
Game Frames38107
Video Frames38613
Frame Tearing Statistics
Total Torn Frames0
Lowest Torn Line-
Frame Height2160
Frame Time Statistics
Mean Frame Time16.89ms
Median Frame Time16.67ms
Maximum Frame Time33.33ms
Minimum Frame Time16.67ms
95th Percentile Frame Time16.67ms
99th Percentile Frame Time33.33ms
Frame Rate Statistics
Mean Frame Rate59.21fps
Median Frame Rate60fps
Maximum Frame Rate60fps
Minimum Frame Rate46fps
5th Percentile Frame Rate55fps
1st Percentile Frame Rate51fps
Frame Time Counts
16.67ms37601 (98.67%)
33.33ms506 (1.33%)
Other
Dropped Frames0
Runt Frames0
Runt Frame Thresholds20 rows

Last edited:
Fuck man tomorrow ps5 gonna EXPLOAD

kill this love explode GIF by BLACKPINK

Perfect timing for me. I been playing Genshin Impact for like 8 hours a day the past 2 weeks. I only interrupted that to play The Medium this past weekend. I need some Control UE in my life.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
themes some pretty bad numbers for a game that looks worse then Fortnite.

Last edited:

Leyasu

Banned
I thought that it looked ok. Frame rate all over the place though.

Man this thread is a desert! Where are the people that normally adore these tech threads?

Mr Moose

I searched for Control and this on the PS5 store and was able to add them to my library, they weren't showing under PS+, still had last months games.

John Wick

What happened to "PS5 exclusives are going to blow everyone's minds"?

- fails to maintain 60fps
- fails to stay at 4K
- Character models from the PS3 era.

An awesome showcase of the #PlaystationAdvantage
Oh no we got another Captain Obvious. What did you think this small game was gonna blow minds? Did you see how many Sony fans were claiming this was the game that would showcase the PS5? The fact it's moved straight to PSPlus should have gave dense people like you a slight hint.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
What happened to "PS5 exclusives are going to blow everyone's minds"?

- fails to maintain 60fps
- fails to stay at 4K
- Character models from the PS3 era.

An awesome showcase of the #PlaystationAdvantage
This game has many issues but performance is not one of them it looks absolutely stunning.

PsyEd

To me this game has same vibe as Bleeding Edge on X....like I'll download to play for 5 mins and delete to free up space.

It’s a bit disappointing that it doesn’t manage a locked 60 with visuals like that, dropping down into the mid 40s is rough.

That res scaling is also not what I expected.

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
Lets discuss the video, teh findings. Its ok to be disappointed but dont be Mr Console Warrior please.
It was only a reflection of how people comment on games that are not 4k60fps on this forum.

The "PS3" comment could have had made it obvious that I wasn't being serious.

Ah well.

Rikkori

I've said it before and I'll say it again - these are 1440p consoles at best. Bring out the pro models in 2023.

jaysius

Banned
Mean Frame Rate59.21fps

Kind of hard to care, free rented game is free rented.

FTFY

FREE things remain free forever, when your Plus lapses you LOSE access to the game. Stop falling into this marketing fallacy they've created.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
Ya, like losing access to playing online? Free meaning I did not buy it.
Wow! You get PS Plus for free! That's amazing! Please share the secret.

It's considered "value add" in marketing bullshit, you ARE PAYING for the shitty "Free" games. Don't be just a tool.

PS PLUS games aren't FREE.
Xbox Gold games aren't FREE.

They need to include those games to keep "parity"(xbox gold offerings have been pure shit since they started leaning heavily on Game Pass Ultimate) with Xbox Gold, or PS Plus members would go apeshit... lol who am I kidding Sony fanbois love the shitty end of Sony sticks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom