• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[VG Tech] Forspoken PS5 Frame Rate Test (Demo)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
No. It was designed for PS5.

That's not an encouraging sign then if a game designed for modern hardware hits lows of 720p while also not hitting a consistent 60 fps.

This seems like 2023's Babylon's Fall with a higher budget.

mrcroket

1472x828…. Lol

A little more hit and we have our 720p ps5 game.

Yeah those next Gen games will need a ps5 pro / series x pro.

Ps5 is looking like a fat ps4 with this game.
That is the same resolution that nvidia use in DLSS quality mode in 1440p resolution.

//DEVIL//

That is the same resolution that nvidia use in DLSS quality mode in 1440p resolution.
1 - No
2- you are outputting at 4k TV. so assuming you are right ( you are not), your first upscale is from that whatever weird resolution to 2k. then upscaled again to 4k = look like shit.
3-

Last edited:

mrcroket

1 - No
2- you are outputting at 4k TV. so assuming you are right ( you are not), your first upscale is from that whatever weird resolution to 2k. then upscaled again to 4k = look like shit.
3-

OK almost balance mode, the point is that these kind of resolutions are also used on even powerful PCs, especially when games use raytracing. And no, 1440p looks great on a 4k TV, it's not the same as looking at a monitor.

And with fsr 2.0 scaling to 1440p it will looks probably great but hey my pc has a bigger pixel count than poor consoles...

//DEVIL//

This looks a next gen game for you?
Well yeah. its a first wave of next-gen games. think of it something Killzone on PS4. it's utilizing the PS5 power in things you may not notice very much. like, I did not notice much of pop-in renders during fast movement. the lighting and magic effects are so much and so amazing without drop-in frames. it's a next-gen game.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
1472x828…. Lol

A little more hit and we have our 720p ps5 game.

Yeah those next Gen games will need a ps5 pro / series x pro.

Ps5 is looking like a fat ps4 with this game.
I wrote about this in the other thread but this is the whole point of FSR/DLSS. Nobody laughs at 4090 or calling it underpowered for using DLSS which renders at as low as one quarter of resolution.

NEbeast

Holy fuck, nothing good to say here.

I feel for anyone who has made comments about the series S
The series s has these resolutions all the time. This is just a shit game that doesn't even look good. I love all the xbox fanboys in here acting like this is some W. Most of us PS fans have just finished GOW - this doesn't bother us at all.

Another example of why you should not trust announcement/reveal trailers :

156227-games-news-feature-everything-you-need-to-know-about-forspoken-trailer-release-date-platforms-and-more-image1-ujlzwtyobr.jpg

Fjm2ji3WAAAAGYr
That reminds me of ICO.

Now that's how you do it. 👏👏

There is no "API" specific to implementing FSR, it's just code that will run on "any" GPU using already existing graphics API.
I saw that both MS with Direct X11 and Direct X12, and Vulkan were supporting it, which is how I assumed it was going to be able to be used on the wide range of GPUs regardless of make, as pretty much every single PC game uses either Vulkan or DX.
On top of that the Xbox uses DX12.

We then had Sony who hadn't at that point supported it directly.
With what was said about Vulkan and DX I guess that Sony had to make their API support it, which it appeared they hadn't.

I was never saying that the PS5 couldn't do FSR, of course it could.
My initial thought was that Sony was going to roll out their own Temporal Upscaling tech, and we had already seen Insomniac use their own solution and it was pretty good.
We also see how UE5 has a version of Temporal reconstruction which works well.

Anyway, it kinda makes we wonder why MS and Vulkan even bothered announcing that they were going to support it when it doesn't even need them to.

i4bMfsH.jpg

Top Bottom