• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[VG Tech] Uncharted Legacy of Thieves PS5 40fps Mode Frame Rate Test (Uncharted 4 & Lost Legacy)

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

The version tested was 1.002.000. The footage was captured at 1440p due to capture card limitations.

PS5 in the 40fps fidelity mode added in patch 1.002.000 renders at a native resolution of 3840x2160.

On a VRR display it is now possible to unlock the performance and fidelity modes which allows the framerate to go above 60fps and 40fps respectively. This isn't shown in the video here due to capture card limitations.

PlatformsPS5 40fps Fidelity Mode
Frame Amounts
Game Frames33566
Video Frames100813
Frame Tearing Statistics
Total Torn Frames0
Lowest Torn Line-
Frame Height1440
Frame Time Statistics
Mean Frame Time25.03ms
Median Frame Time25ms
Maximum Frame Time75ms
Minimum Frame Time25ms
95th Percentile Frame Time25ms
99th Percentile Frame Time25ms
Frame Rate Statistics
Mean Frame Rate39.95fps
Median Frame Rate40fps
Maximum Frame Rate40fps
Minimum Frame Rate35fps
5th Percentile Frame Rate40fps
1st Percentile Frame Rate39fps
Frame Time Counts
25ms33482 (99.75%)
33.33ms70 (0.21%)
50ms13 (0.04%)
75ms1 (0%)
Other
Dropped Frames0
Runt Frames0
Runt Frame Thresholds20 rows

A.Romero

Is there a point to this if the capture card doesn't support the resolution?

Asking from ignorance, not trying to be clever.

Mr Moose

Is there a point to this if the capture card doesn't support the resolution?

Asking from ignorance, not trying to be clever.
It's captured at 4k/60fps, the problem with the card is it doesn't support VRR so he can't unlock the fps and record with it.

Ezekiel_

Banned
Reminds me how I didn't like the screen losing it's color when getting shot.

Makes these action pieces black and white in moments.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
It feels fantastic in 40 fps mode. I didnt realize it was unlocked as well. Definitely felt some drops in the chase sequence but Im surprised to see it basically locked in his footage. Overall it felt like the good old Ratchet, Horizon and Spiderman 40 fps patches. Its a shame TLOU remake cant do a consistent 40 fps during combat because this thing is a legit game changer.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
what is the fps after unlocking 40 mode ?
I already finished remaster 4k30 when it came out but will happily replay in 40 !

Last edited:

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Dammit I was hoping they would provide info for the uncapped fidelity mode. I swear it gets into the 50s often if not very close. Extremely smooth.

Still can't believe this runs on a PS4. Insane.

kyliethicc

what is the fps after unlocking 40 mode ?
I already finished remaster 4k30 when it came out but will happily replay in 40 !
Dammit I was hoping they would provide info for the uncapped fidelity mode. I swear it gets into the 50s often if not very close. Extremely smooth.

When unlocked the 2160p mode runs round 40-50 Hz and has low framerate compensation added.

The 1440p mode averages around 80-90 Hz when unlocked.

And obviously the 120 Hz mode is 120 Hz.

Last edited:

TonyK

It's a shame I have an oled LG CX and VRR causes gamma flickering in the almost black zones when framerate fluctuates 😓

The supposed best TV for gaming two years ago, now is useless with VRR.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
It's a shame I have an oled LG CX and VRR causes gamma flickering in the almost black zones when framerate fluctuates 😓

The supposed best TV for gaming two years ago, now is useless with VRR.
I don’t notice anything like that happening on mine. Good for me I guess.

The version tested was 1.002.000. The footage was captured at 1440p due to capture card limitations.

PS5 in the 40fps fidelity mode added in patch 1.002.000 renders at a native resolution of 3840x2160.

On a VRR display it is now possible to unlock the performance and fidelity modes which allows the framerate to go above 60fps and 40fps respectively. This isn't shown in the video here due to capture card limitations.

PlatformsPS5 40fps Fidelity Mode
Frame Amounts
Game Frames33566
Video Frames100813
Frame Tearing Statistics
Total Torn Frames0
Lowest Torn Line-
Frame Height1440
Frame Time Statistics
Mean Frame Time25.03ms
Median Frame Time25ms
Maximum Frame Time75ms
Minimum Frame Time25ms
95th Percentile Frame Time25ms
99th Percentile Frame Time25ms
Frame Rate Statistics
Mean Frame Rate39.95fps
Median Frame Rate40fps
Maximum Frame Rate40fps
Minimum Frame Rate35fps
5th Percentile Frame Rate40fps
1st Percentile Frame Rate39fps
Frame Time Counts
25ms33482 (99.75%)
33.33ms70 (0.21%)
50ms13 (0.04%)
75ms1 (0%)
Other
Dropped Frames0
Runt Frames0
Runt Frame Thresholds20 rows

Really wish vg tech would buy a vrr capture card like Nx gamer

It's captured at 4k/60fps, the problem with the card is it doesn't support VRR so he can't unlock the fps and record with it.
That’s why Nx gamer gets credit he came out of his own pocket to get a vrr capture card and it seemed to have paid off cause he’s been the only one capable of doing some of this content

We will see when Nx gamer does coverage (I’m expecting him to compare the ps5 in vrr vs the pc release next month)

When unlocked the 2160p mode runs round 40-50 Hz and has low framerate compensation added.

The 1440p mode averages around 80-90 Hz when unlocked.

And obviously the 120 Hz mode is 120 Hz.
From what I see the range is actually 45-55 99% of the time it definitely is in the 50s a lot and seems to have an even higher average than a game like rift apart or Spider-Man when uncapped

Top Bottom