• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[VGC] Halo Infinite developer concedes ‘the community is out of patience’

SkylineRKR

Halo Infinite is a good game with a fun MP but its simply inexcusable that it lacks features that were usually present at launch day. And after nearly half a year its still not there.

The campaign really fell flat though. At first I thought its the best one of the lot, but the more you progress the more it becomes apparent that its repetitive and a paste job. Still the best mechanics in the franchise though.

CuNi

Good example, but is the situation even remotely comparable? No Man’s Sky was developed by an indie studio with ~10 people and ~10 million budget. A fraction of the resources in comparison. 343i has a history of repeatedly failing and under delivering with near infinite resources.

I think both stories have a different beginning but for the players, the most important thing is, how does the game progress from now on. So far it's not looking good for Infinite with another 6 month season and coop and forge being left without release dates. They really have to start ramping up production in y2, if not then it'll be game over for that game. Sadly.

Banned
I think both stories have a different beginning but for the players, the most important thing is, how does the game progress from now on. So far it's not looking good for Infinite with another 6 month season and coop and forge being left without release dates. They really have to start ramping up production in y2, if not then it'll be game over for that game. Sadly.

that's the kicker. Halo Infinite not only launched with the least amount of maps in the history of the series.

it also will be the only game with less than 4 new maps in the first 12 months of it being on the market! and this is supposed to be a live service game with constant updates and support.
but the post launch support is WORSE than in any other Halo... that is fucked...

and all of this makes the lack of forge at or close to launch that much worse

Last edited:

Yoda

343 is truly one of the best funded, staunchly mediocre developers in the industry. Not matching Bungie on their first or second was (somewhat?) understandable but they really can't seem to find their footing.

Banned
today was the day I pulled the trigger. the game is uninstalled from every system (PC, SX, SS) and I will not give it another chance, even this upcoming new season is not enough reason to give it another go.

this game is just dogshit. I'm done pretending it's not and I'm done being civil about it. I already made w full thread describing what is bad about it but even that was still relatively calm... nah.

after taking a break from the game of about a month, I came back this week and simply, again, couldn't believe what an absolute piece of vile and rotten shit this game is.

fuck 343i, especially the management
fuck the apologists that are the reason this cancer spreads
and especially FUCK MICROSOFT for not firing every single talentless fuck at 343i years ago!

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Honestly halo infinite plays great, the loop is awesome - and I loved the campaign. But there needs to be way more maps, more modes, campaign co op should’ve been in yesterday and they should have a battle royale - I probably am not gonna revisit until campaign co op is in. Hopefully by then many of the other things will be added
That's quite a shopping list of stuff and is part of why 343 are in such a bad place. I was reaching to click Like when you said more maps and modes - things I think are very important - and then cooled off when coop and battle royale were mentioned - things that do not matter to me at all.

I honestly think Halo is too big a project now.

ZywyPL

Banned
today was the day I pulled the trigger. the game is uninstalled from every system (PC, SX, SS) and I will not give it another chance, even this upcoming new season is not enough reason to give it another go.

this game is just dogshit. I'm done pretending it's not and I'm done being civil about it. I already made w full thread describing what is bad about it but even that was still relatively calm... nah.

after taking a break from the game of about a month, I came back this week and simply, again, couldn't believe what an absolute piece of vile and rotten shit this game is.

fuck 343i, especially the management
fuck the apologists that are the reason this cancer spreads
and especially FUCK MICROSOFT for not firing every single talentless fuck at 343i years ago!

Literally one day before S2, c'mon... I have found enjoyment in Bot Bootcamp in the last few days, the matches afe found instandly and always on 25ms ping server, and obviously the bots don't lag or abuse any cheap tactics, camp od drive vehicles (I wish they were at least set to ODST level tho) - without any connection issues it truly is a different game, you shoot people and they die, what a bizarre concept! Something like that happens once every 150-200 PvP games sadly, so yeah, unles Season 2 doesn't bring any significant improvements here I think I'm done with the game too, just gonna launch it once a week to do the challenges, which frankly is the only thing that makes me play all those different game modes and not rage quit in the process.

That's quite a shopping list of stuff and is part of why 343 are in such a bad place. I was reaching to click Like when you said more maps and modes - things I think are very important - and then cooled off when coop and battle royale were mentioned - things that do not matter to me at all.

I honestly think Halo is too big a project now.
Co op is like, one of the main reasons I play halo - it should’ve shipped with it imo.

Top Bottom