• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGC: Sony expects to sell 56% more PS5s this year, and claims ‘demand is higher than that’

Robb

Gold Member
I don’t doubt that, demand still seem to be off the charts. Just sucks that they, and everyone else, are supply constrained.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Imagine a less supply constricted situation. Not only is the real demand for the system since it's near impossible to find but I would love to see an unhampered system with this level of success not be hindered by supply issues. Just to see how the numbers would shake out.

Impotaku

Switch is still last gen according to wikipedia
In fact that's even worse as it means that both competitors got their asses handed to them by a last gen machine. Even now my desire to own a PS5 is zero and i have had a few chances to get hold of one but there's literally fuck all to interest me whatsoever, the only thing that will tempt me now is the next PSVR headset it was the tipping point that made me finally get a PS4. They need to start with more games because there's no way im paying that kind of money with barely anything to play besides upscaled PS5 ports of PS4 games that i already own. The AAA stuff that's been released so far is bland to say the least.

Rivet

In fact that's even worse as it means that both competitors got their asses handed to them by a last gen machine. Even now my desire to own a PS5 is zero and i have had a few chances to get hold of one but there's literally fuck all to interest me whatsoever, the only thing that will tempt me now is the next PSVR headset it was the tipping point that made me finally get a PS4. They need to start with more games because there's no way im paying that kind of money with barely anything to play besides upscaled PS5 ports of PS4 games that i already own. The AAA stuff that's been released so far is bland to say the least.

I have to disagree here. I'm really happy with the PS5 games we got : Returnal was great and anything but bland, Demon's Souls remake is the best looking Souls game by a mile, GT7 is a great return to form for this franchise. Then you've got technical gems like Ratchet or Horizon FW. Ragnarok is coming soon and so is PSVR2. We got Miles Morales too. Though it's true some of those games are available on PS4 too. To each his own I guess.

Last edited:

ParaSeoul

In fact that's even worse as it means that both competitors got their asses handed to them by a last gen machine.
Does it? Its been on sale longer and doesn't really compete with anything,plus has the install base that nintendo handhelds always get. I doubt its been significantly affected by the same shortages,implying the demand for next gen isn't high is just ridiculous.

If they are that confident it makes me think they might have something big to announce to keep that demand really high.

My money is on Knack 3.

Last edited:

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I sure hope PS5s become more readily available this year. I've been holding off on playing certain games like Ghost of Tsushima, Horizon Forbidden West, and Miles Morales until I can find one.

Gamerguy84

I sure hope PS5s become more readily available this year. I've been holding off on playing certain games like Ghost of Tsushima, Horizon Forbidden West, and Miles Morales until I can find one.
I've played a few big PS4 titled that have PS5 pstches and it was worth waiting. Days Gone was night and day difference.

When you get one there is a PS5 instant game collection of 20 games to download for free. With the new PSN I've read MM will be one of those.

Hezekiah

Banned
Of course demand is higher than that, there's 116mil PS4 owners you think a ton of them don't want a PS5? We're at less than 20mil sold PS5s, it's gonna be awhile before demand is satiated.
Yeah you can tell by the software splits that tons of PS4 owners want cross gen games on PS5 only. No doubt plenty have seen/heard what the difference is at ~1800p/60fps, not to mention loading times which are more than halved.
I can only imagine where ps5 would be at with no shortage.
35m+ imo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom