• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGTech: Elden Ring PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S Frame Rate Comparison

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I started playing on PS5 today, and even though I had watched all these performance videos I was actually a bit shocked at how terribly it runs. I knew this was going to be a problem, but I thought at least in less demanding situations it would lock to 60, like inside the tiny starting room where there's nothing going on. But nope, CONSTANT hitching no matter what, even when just rotating the camera around in that small room. The game just NEVER feels smooth. Ever. Great game so far, but absolutely terrible engine/tech.

waquzy

I started playing on PS5 today, and even though I had watched all these performance videos I was actually a bit shocked at how terribly it runs. I knew this was going to be a problem, but I thought at least in less demanding situations it would lock to 60, like inside the tiny starting room where there's nothing going on. But nope, CONSTANT hitching no matter what, even when just rotating the camera around in that small room. The game just NEVER feels smooth. Ever. Great game so far, but absolutely terrible engine/tech.
You need to play the PS4 Pro version on PS5

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Nope, for that to happen, the resolution needs to be lowered. Can't see that happening.

Yeah, but this is not a good looking game. Technically I mean. In fact I think it looks terrible for a PS5 game, and below average for a PS4 game. There's no excuse for it to be running this poorly.

Top Bottom