• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ViacomCBS rebrands to Paramount in focus on streaming

bitbydeath

The company intends to hit 100 million streaming subscribers by 2024 — up from its previous goal of 65 million to 75 million during the same timeframe. The company plans to further its international expansion and offer mobile-only plans in some regions to hit its aggressive subscription goals. It’ll also start streaming all Paramount movies exclusively on Paramount Plus starting in 2024 in the US, following their theatrical runs.
Paramount announced a huge lineup of upcoming shows and movies headed to its main streaming service to keep that momentum going. That includes a second season of Halo, a Sonic TV series focused on the Idris Elba-voiced Knuckles, and new titles from hits kids properties. There’ll be a Blue’s Clues movie, a Paw Patrol movie sequel and spinoff TV series, a Dora the Explorer revival, and even a Baby Shark movie (though some films will head to theaters first). Taken together, the company is making a major play to become a must-have subscription for families with young kids.

bitbydeath

Also
In March, Paramount+ international will roll out more than 300 episodes of “South Park” as the streamer becomes the show’s new exclusive international SVOD home.
Paramount+ also revealed the title of its new “Beavis and Butt-Head” film which will be called “Beavis And Butt-Head Do The Universe” in which the slackers are sentenced to Space Camp by a ‘creative’ judge in 1998. A trip on the Space Shuttle sees them go through a black hole and re-emerge in our modern-day.
In addition, a new season of the hit animated series, as well as the full library of over 200 remastered episodes, will also stream exclusively on the service.
Finally MTV’s “Teen Wolf” is coming back as a movie with actors Tyler Posey, Holland Roden, Shelley Hennig, Crystal Reed, Colton Haynes, Linden Ashby, JR Bourne and more set to reprise their roles. The show’s two key breakout talents though – Dylan O’Brien and Tyler Hoechlin – aren’t on the cast list.

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
So are they just pretending that the last season of Beavis and Butthead never happened? A shame because those episodes were great

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
The company plans to further its international expansion and offer mobile-only plans in some regions to hit its aggressive subscription goals.

UK here. I already subscribe to Netflix, Disney +, Prime and Now TV (pretty much the best we'll get to HBO Max). That's it. I'm subbed out. I only have so much time in my life to watch TV, so there is no way I'll sub to any more. There isn't anything that Paramount offers that would tempt me to sign up either.

Stitch

Gold Member
The company plans to further its international expansion and offer mobile-only plans in some regions to hit its aggressive subscription goals.

UK here. I already subscribe to Netflix, Disney +, Prime and Now TV (pretty much the best we'll get to HBO Max). That's it. I'm subbed out. I only have so much time in my life to watch TV, so there is no way I'll sub to any more. There isn't anything that Paramount offers that would tempt me to sign up either.
I think Now (Sky) is getting at least some of the Paramount content.

Drew1440

Main reason switched to BT Youview for TV, you can easily turn on/off steaming services every month. However they are lacking support for Discovery/Disney+ and AcornTV

Quasicat

I was hoping that Paramount+ would go through their old Comedy Central stuff and dig up Dave Attell’s Insomniac series. I have a couple of the episodes from DVD, but I would love to rewatch the entire series again.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
The future is bright for people that just cancel subscriptions frequently. Have 1 max that's your main one.

Then get a 2nd one for 1-2 months and cancel. Then pick a different one. Repeat. Extremely cheap.

Top Bottom