• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VICE: thousands emigrate to central america to form anti-vaccine communes

MHubert

Not my cup of tea. But then again, if I lived in a country where the government basically forced me to get vaccinated I would consider doing something similar.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Just a fringe movement, with some entrepreneurial types capitalizing on the opportunity to construct "antivax utopia." But yeah, it's an entertaining Vice feature.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Morgan Freeman Good Luck GIF

BigBooper

Millions of people move to different countries all the time. Interesting that in this case you suggest the death of social consensus.

I've been kind of interested in the isolated communities like this since some of the Ron Paulians wanted to go off grid in places like Liberland and Sealand. I wouldn't last long there. Don't get along with hippies.

Last edited:
These communities prey on lonely people who are unhappy with their lives or seek community guidance.
The heavy dose of esotericism and cultish interpersonality suggests that if it weren't for vaccines, they would latch onto something else like breatharians, Freetown Christiana, or Rajneeshpuram.

K' Dash

Not my cup of tea. But then again, if I lived in a country where the government basically forced me to get vaccinated I would consider doing something similar.

I don't know where they're going, the government here in Costa Rica forced you to be vaccinated until a couple weeks ago.

Most of us are vaccinated with 2 or 3 doses.

SiteSeer

the host said it best: 'this isn't really how i expected an anarchy festival to look, its a little bougie ...' 😂 there's massages, merch, and pool parties! omg! 911 truthers and antivaxxers for the twitter generation. now we need a neo-hippy flat earther for an unholy trifecta. lol

Top Bottom