• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video game parallels

Hey GAF, what do you consider parallels between video games?

I think Sonic Adventure games and Megaman X have the whole upgrading theme going for them, Megaman X moreso but I feel like the Sonic Adventure games got the idea for upgrade items from that famous Megaman subseries. What say you GAF? What are some great video game parallels?

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Any indie game that has blatantly copied some old franchise and added nothing new to the table.

On a serious note, Ni No Kuni and Dragon Quest (since 8) have borrowed Dark Cloud's crafting system.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Hey GAF, what do you consider parallels between video games?

I think Sonic Adventure games and Megaman X have the whole upgrading theme going for them, Megaman X moreso but I feel like the Sonic Adventure games got the idea for upgrade items from that famous Megaman subseries. What say you GAF? What are some great video game parallels?
every single video game from the 80s to 90s had you collecting shiny, floating object of some sort. that's the biggest parallel of all

Top Bottom