• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video game preservation charity accuses Nintendo of being ‘actively destructive’ to game history

wvnative

I don't understand why Emulation will only be viable for so long?

Why would it be?

My fear is that consoles are becoming too technically advanced to viably emulate.

Hell, while most games run well, PS2 emulation is still riddled with bugs in many games.

To be fair Nintendo wasn't always like this. Only after Switch's success, both critics and gamers start simping the company.

Have you ever wonder why Switch game never or rarely went on sales, or even drop price over the years? Not even for a game release like 6 years ago on last gen console that's ported to current gen?

Imaging if Microsoft and Sony does this? People would probably went crazy.

They seriously need some competitor in the handheld market. How Steam Deck turns out to be successful, at least third party game could be cheaper.

They've been doing that for years. Melee was Player's Choice for like a minute before Nintendo made it full price (well, $30) again.

Blame the consumers for buying the stuff.

I love Nintendo. I was raised on Nintendo. Yet, they weirdly seem out of touch with their own legacy and potential.

To be a Nintendo fan is the literal definition of a love/hate relationship.

No company is more important to videogames and yet they continue to make it hard to revere and preserve their own legacy while at the same time they curate it more than any other company. The irony hurts.

They are a company. But if they were a person, we'd call them masochistic.

Reactions: TLZ
My fear is that consoles are becoming too technically advanced to viably emulate.

Hell, while most games run well, PS2 emulation is still riddled with bugs in many games.
It takes time. Eventually we'll be able to emulate everything on a budget smartphone. Eventually, the processor in a printer will be more computationally powerful than a PS5.

Top Bottom