• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videogame "It Takes Two" by legendary studio head Josef Fares hit by Trademark claim from Take Two

Starfield

"it TAKEs TWO"

It Takes Two, the latest game from Brothers: A Two Sons' Josef Fares, has been hit by a trademark claim from Grand Theft Auto parent company Take-Two.

The acclaimed co-op puzzler about a pair of divorcing parents was struck by a trademark claim before its release earlier this year, it has emerged. Records show developer Hazelight subsequently abandoned ownership of the name.

lmao I swear, you can't make that shit up

hemo memo

Gold Member
This is fucked up. Instead of this stupid fuckery they should force Rockstar to fix the money grab and robbery in daylight that is GTA Fucked Up Edition.

Last edited:

Deerock71

Leonardo Dicaprio Ok GIF by MOODMAN

fart town usa

Gold Member
lmao, check out this comment from the article, brilliant.

"Take Two are getting a lot of flak for this, but I for one think they are doing the right thing.

Imagine how disappointed I was having thought I’d bought full ownership of their company for a bargain £20 only to find out I’d bought a video game instead!

At the time I did wonder how an entire games publishing company could operate from inside a DVD case depicting an anthropomorphic therapy book chasing a couple of humans who have morphed into dolls and are parachuting to the ground clutching a massive dandelion, but we're constantly hearing how Covid has changed the way people work, so I thought the offer was legit.

All I can say is never shop for ownership of multi-billion-dollar companies in the gaming isle of your local Tesco.

Anyway, anything Take Two can do to stop this extremely difficult to notice misunderstanding from happening to others is a very worthwhile use of the legal system in my humble opinion."

I haven't bought a Take-Two game since the PS2 GTA boxset and I shan't be buying anything from them ever again.

Last edited:

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
lmao, check out this comment from the article, brilliant.

"Take Two are getting a lot of flak for this, but I for one think they are doing the right thing.

Imagine how disappointed I was having thought I’d bought full ownership of their company for a bargain £20 only to find out I’d bought a video game instead!

At the time I did wonder how an entire games publishing company could operate from inside a DVD case depicting an anthropomorphic therapy book chasing a couple of humans who have morphed into dolls and are parachuting to the ground clutching a massive dandelion, but we're constantly hearing how Covid has changed the way people work, so I thought the offer was legit.

All I can say is never shop for ownership of multi-billion-dollar companies in the gaming isle of your local Tesco.

Anyway, anything Take Two can do to stop this extremely difficult to notice misunderstanding from happening to others is a very worthwhile use of the legal system in my humble opinion."

I haven't bought a Take-Two game since the PS2 GTA boxset and I shan't be buying anything from them ever again.

Sounds like a Shareholder.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Can someone explain how it is legally possible?

Are the US that completely fucking degenerate of a country so that you don't have any amount of sane regulation and laws like the rest of the civilized world?
They did not win in court, the other much smaller company preferred to give up than maybe win after years and years of costly lawsuits.

Fare thee well

Neophyte
Can someone explain how it is legally possible?

Are the US that completely fucking degenerate of a country so that you don't have any amount of sane regulation and laws like the rest of the civilized world?
Dude, you have no idea. Here you can file multiple law suits against someone until they are so terrified by legal costs and time, that they get crushed by it all. It's disgusting how many frivolous lawsuits are filed every year. And you can only really defend yourself against such absurdity if you are rich. Talk about the real swamp that needed draining.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
"all RPGs with a Blizzard spells gets cnned because of Blizzard Entertainment"

I can see it happening.

darrylgorn

Doesn't there have to be some likeness in the intention for copyright to apply?

It's not like they would profit from using the name of this videogame developer/publisher.

Last edited:
Top Bottom